Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

big john 02-01-22 09:17 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22394747)
I got in and turned the key this morning to go to work. IT WORKS PROPPERLY NOW. I have all 4 speeds.

The blower resistor connector melted on my Trailblazer when I was still working. Guy I worked with pulled out the worst terminal and put a used terminal in and hot-glued the whole mess back together. It worked for a couple years but after I retired we were driving on a 100 degree day and the fan just quit. Drove back home and got her car. Later I pulled it down and decided to just order a new connector and splice it in.. In the meantime I put it back together and it started working.

It's been a couple years and the new connector is still on the floor in the rear seat area and the fan still works.

indyfabz 02-01-22 09:52 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22394781)
Does that mean you will have to trade your road bike in for a MTB?!?

:twitchy:

My cabin will be close enough to a paved road, so both will be useful.

datlas 02-01-22 09:55 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22394898)
My cabin will be close enough to a paved road, so both will be useful.

There are some nice cabins near French Creek State Park, if you are so inclined. But that might be too close to "civilization."

bampilot06 02-01-22 09:57 AM

https://richmond.craigslist.org/bik/...433601465.html

This popped up on craigslist today. Seems like a pretty sweet bike. Talking my friend into buying it.

Been at the hospital all morning. Hospitals were dreadful before covid, now itís even worse.

ls01 02-01-22 11:11 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22394694)
Another day, another wordle.

Wordle 227 3/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

4 Degrees out- Iíll be riding in the garage today.

My little wax experiment went okay- I listened to the instructions and ended up with way too much wax on the outside of the chain, and it skipped a little bit on a couple of climbs. I had a hell of a time getting the quick link to engage.

Oh and, the paint looks amazing in the sunlight
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e0296b3d7.jpeg

Thats purdy!

ls01 02-01-22 11:12 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22394739)

that quite the fivehead.

ls01 02-01-22 11:13 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22394781)
Does that mean you will have to trade your road bike in for a MTB?!?

:twitchy:

eeeuuuwwwww.....

ls01 02-01-22 11:19 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22394858)
The blower resistor connector melted on my Trailblazer when I was still working. Guy I worked with pulled out the worst terminal and put a used terminal in and hot-glued the whole mess back together. It worked for a couple years but after I retired we were driving on a 100 degree day and the fan just quit. Drove back home and got her car. Later I pulled it down and decided to just order a new connector and splice it in.. In the meantime I put it back together and it started working.

It's been a couple years and the new connector is still on the floor in the rear seat area and the fan still works.

I have a buddy who buys parts and puts them in the back seat of his truck. One time he had 4 or more projects in the back. Some stearing components, brakes etc. Asked him what that was all about and without missing a beat he said" they're acclimating" some had been acclimating for a year or more. I still use that one now and then.

ls01 02-01-22 11:26 AM

So, storm warnings for snowfall tomorrow and into Thursday. Ecm is going to be here tomorrow before 7pm! Anyone else see a problem? Fine, it's fine ..everything's fine, your fine, I'm fine, it's all fine....
when good plans turn to kuh kuh. Drive a 1999 firebird in 12 to 20 inches of snow.

indyfabz 02-01-22 11:32 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22394999)
that quite the fivehead.

She was gorgeous.

I first saw North by Northwest in the dead of winter as a freshman at my all-boys prep school in western MA. The scene where they flirt in the sleeping car was like porn to me.

Later in the hotel there is this exchange as he's taking off his suit to so he can give it to the hotel valet for a quick cleaning.:

Roger: Now, what can a man do with his clothes off for twenty minutes? Couldn't he have taken an hour?

Eve: You could always take a cold shower.

Thornhill: That's right. When I was a little boy, I wouldn't even let my mother undress me.

Eve: You're a big boy now.

Thornhill: Yes, tell me. How does a girl like you get to be a girl like you?

Eve: Lucky, I guess.

Thornhill: No, not lucky. Naughty, wicked, up to no good. Ever kill anyone? Because I bet you could tease a man to death without half trying. So stop trying, huh.

indyfabz 02-01-22 11:39 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22394857)
Uh oh. I played that stupid Wordle yesterday and today. 2 days in a row.

:twitchy:

You'll be buying a MTB before you know it.

datlas 02-01-22 11:40 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22395034)
You'll be buying a MTB before you know it.

Uck-fay o-nay.

Eric F 02-01-22 11:46 AM

Seems like itís a good day for 2s. My firstÖ

Wordle 227 2/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 02-01-22 11:50 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22395036)
Uck-fay o-nay.

In the early 90s I bought a Trek 930 to get around down and do some light trail riding. Even took it on a real 25 mile MTB ride out of Jim Thorpe on a trail rated "Advanced.". That's when I realized that it's ok cycling to hurt, but it's not supposed to hurt you.

I abused that bike for more than 12 years and it rarely complained. When I finally put it in the alley while cleaning out my mom's garage house in preparation for her house sale it had a slightly twisted rim, a dent in the top tube and it's original tires. (The knobs were worn off the rear one.) Someone trash picked it in under two hours. I like to think that someone put it to good use.

Looked like this, except without that dorky saddle. Thing was a tank:



https://mtbr.com/attachments/imageup...84-jpg.629120/

Velo Vol 02-01-22 12:14 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22390222)
These are the times that try men's souls.

Infusion edition.

First, a woman in the waiting room had a dog. wut

There's now a "tag team" of nurses in the infusion center--two nurses, even though there were only two people getting infused all morning.

They had to do a whole back and forth thing with the front desk because one nurse said I wasn't "checked in."

I heard the nurse who brewed up my concoction audibly say "whoopsie" in the middle of the process.

Not only did they check by blood pressure every ten minutes, which is bad enough, but they also checked my temperature and oxygen every time. Are they really expecting my temperature to swing several degrees in ten minutes?

Finally, some bad news at the weigh in.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ec8bbf49e1.png

datlas 02-01-22 12:23 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22395088)
Infusion edition.

First, a woman in the waiting room had a dog. wut

There's now a "tag team" of nurses in the infusion center--two nurses, even though there were only two people getting infused all morning.

They had to do a whole back and forth thing with the front desk because one nurse said I wasn't "checked in."

I heard the nurse who brewed up my concoction audibly say "whoopsie" in the middle of the process.

Not only did they check by blood pressure every ten minutes, which is bad enough, but they also checked my temperature and oxygen every time. Are they really expecting my temperature to swing several degrees in ten minutes?

Finally, some bad news at the weigh in.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ec8bbf49e1.png

You been hitting too many pick-a-nick baskets??

Velo Vol 02-01-22 12:28 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22395101)
You been hitting too many pick-a-nick baskets??

Not enough winter activities. Fattened up to 155. :(

BillyD 02-01-22 12:41 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22394769)
Last night the cops shot a man in the thigh a couple of blocks from my house after he fired shots into an old man bar and would not put down his gun.

So many nuts these days. I am getting closer to moving to a cabin in the woods.

Those old men are ruthless. I'm sure he was just defending himself.

BillyD 02-01-22 12:50 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22395034)
You'll be buying a MTB before you know it.

He's got too much common sense for that.

I'm pretty sure.

Fairly sure.

BillyD 02-01-22 12:52 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22395101)
You been hitting too many pick-a-nick baskets??

Needs a bath, too.

Eric F 02-01-22 12:53 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22395108)
Not enough winter activities. Fattened up to 155. :(

What's a "good" weight for you?

genejockey 02-01-22 01:20 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22395046)
Seems like itís a good day for 2s. My firstÖ

Wordle 227 2/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm embarrassed to say it took me all 6 guesses, which is especially bad since I got 3 letters on the first word.

Eric F 02-01-22 01:24 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22395170)
I'm embarrassed to say it took me all 6 guesses, which is especially bad since I got 3 letters on the first word.

Some days, brains no work so good. Or, I just made lucky semi-educated guess.

LAJ 02-01-22 01:28 PM

Stuck on 4 again.

Wordle 227 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

genejockey 02-01-22 01:29 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22395021)
She was gorgeous.

I first saw North by Northwest in the dead of winter as a freshman at my all-boys prep school in western MA. The scene where they flirt in the sleeping car was like porn to me.

Later in the hotel there is this exchange as he's taking off his suit to so he can give it to the hotel valet for a quick cleaning.:

Roger: Now, what can a man do with his clothes off for twenty minutes? Couldn't he have taken an hour?

Eve: You could always take a cold shower.

Thornhill: That's right. When I was a little boy, I wouldn't even let my mother undress me.

Eve: You're a big boy now.

Thornhill: Yes, tell me. How does a girl like you get to be a girl like you?

Eve: Lucky, I guess.

Thornhill: No, not lucky. Naughty, wicked, up to no good. Ever kill anyone? Because I bet you could tease a man to death without half trying. So stop trying, huh.

I have to say, though, the train going into the tunnel at the end is a bit 'on the nose'.

Railfans probably noted that their initial encounter was on the New York Central's 20th Century Limited, but the train going into the tunnel was Southern Pacific.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.