Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

phrantic09 05-06-22 04:06 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22496880)
Here is one of my favorite spigots. Water is from a reasonably deep well, so it’s really cold. Location is Hibernia Park, Chester County.


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6fc5c18ea.jpeg

In the summer I generally plan my longer rides to pass by at least 2 Stewart’s Shops so I can refill.

indyfabz 05-06-22 04:37 AM

At least I got it today.

Wordle 321 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bah Humbug 05-06-22 04:44 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22496890)
At least I got it today.

Wordle 321 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

You and me both.

Wordle 321 4/6

🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 05-06-22 05:26 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22496883)
In the summer I generally plan my longer rides to pass by at least 2 Stewart’s Shops so I can refill.

Since the pandemic started, I have been especially looking for outdoor sources:

Warwick County Park


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cd576a2c0.jpeg

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 05:32 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22496877)
I am ALWAYS on the lookout for a faucet or spigot, not only at parks but also at gas stations or even churches. My friends sometimes tease me about my faucet fetish, and to play along, I have started taking pics of any really good faucets or even well taps out in the boonies. I tell them some day I can publish a coffee table book entitled “Faucets of Chester County.” But as you know, dehydration is no joke.

I'm the same with porta potties. :lol:

WhyFi 05-06-22 05:36 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22496877)
I am ALWAYS on the lookout for a faucet or spigot, not only at parks but also at gas stations or even churches. My friends sometimes tease me about my faucet fetish, and to play along, I have started taking pics of any really good faucets or even well taps out in the boonies. I tell them some day I can publish a coffee table book entitled “Faucets of Chester County.” But as you know, dehydration is no joke.

Did you see that Strava now has a map feature where you can add points of interest? You should check it out and add any publicly accessible potable water sources - that could be really helpful.

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 05:37 AM

Unless my wife gets cold feet, she's getting measured for a Trek Project One Emonda SLR 7 today. :bday:

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 05:38 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22496926)
Did you see that Strava now has a map feature where you can add points of interest? You should check it out and add any publicly accessible potable water sources - that could be really helpful.

Yep, one of the guys in my club did that with public toilets. :)

WhyFi 05-06-22 05:40 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22496923)
I'm the same with porta potties. :lol:

You can also add bathrooms to the Strava maps. :p

datlas 05-06-22 05:52 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22496923)
I'm the same with porta potties. :lol:

Don’t you have trees out there?? :innocent:

WhyFi 05-06-22 05:56 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22496930)
Yep, one of the guys in my club did that with public toilets. :)

You have clearly had more coffee than I, this morning. Speaking of which, my oh-so-exciting 101lb (:eek:) shipment is currently in the east coast town of Columbiana, OH.

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 05:56 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22496943)
Don’t you have trees out there?? :innocent:

I worked construction for 37 years and am well versed in clandestine urination and bowel evacuation. Highway workers can pee behind a blade of grass in the median of an interstate. However, winter BMs are a more stressful situation and keeping tabs on bathrooms is a must. :)

WhyFi 05-06-22 05:57 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22496943)
Don’t you have trees out there?? :innocent:

Prolly not the kind with Charmin two-ply foliage. :roflmao2:

WhyFi 05-06-22 05:58 AM

Damn it - ninja'd twice. BRB - time for another shot of espresso.

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 05:59 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22496947)
You have clearly had more coffee than I, this morning. Speaking of which, my oh-so-exciting 101lb (:eek:) shipment is currently in the east coast town of Columbiana, OH.

Refresh my memory; what did you order? I know you were getting a new grinder but it surely doesn’t weigh -100#, even boxed, or does it?

BillyD 05-06-22 06:03 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22496923)
I'm the same with porta potties. :lol:

Tell me aboudit. :lol:

WhyFi 05-06-22 06:03 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22496954)
Refresh my memory; what did you order? I know you were getting a new grinder but it surely doesn’t weigh -100#, even boxed, or does it?

I've had the grinder for a month or so - the new espresso machine is on the way. We were going to wait until the kitchen was closer to completion, but I got a discount on top of a closeout price (the new model is new in cosmetics, only) and decided to jump early for the savings.

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 06:05 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22496960)
I've had the grinder for a month or so - the new espresso machine is on the way. We were going to wait until the kitchen was closer to completion, but I got a discount on top of a closeout price (the new model is new in cosmetics, only) and decided to jump early for the savings.

But what is it?

datlas 05-06-22 06:06 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22496949)
I worked construction for 37 years and am well versed in clandestine urination and bowel evacuation. Highway workers can pee behind a blade of grass in the median of an interstate. However, winter BMs are a more stressful situation and keeping tabs on bathrooms is a must. :)

Understood. And understandable.

datlas 05-06-22 06:08 AM

It’s our last day in Asheville. Going on a recovery walk/hike with mrs datlas. We head back to Pennsylvania at daybreak tomorrow.

WhyFi 05-06-22 06:09 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22496961)
But what is it?

:D I'll show you on Monday, but I'll say that, since the new machine falls under the kitchen renovation budget, I decided to leverage the situation and go in a bit of a different direction.

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 06:13 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22496964)
:D I'll show you on Monday, but I'll say that, since the new machine falls under the kitchen renovation budget, I decided to leverage the situation and go in a bit of a different direction.

Manual lever? Hoping.

#excited

phrantic09 05-06-22 06:22 AM

Uff

Wordle 321 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟨⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 05-06-22 06:35 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22496951)
Prolly not the kind with Charmin two-ply foliage. :roflmao2:

Or a bidet/hose.

LAJ 05-06-22 07:01 AM

One in a row

Wordle 321 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.