Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

bampilot06 05-12-22 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22503551)
itís summer, HTFU

Not summer, Plus in general I didnít have one. now I do.

I have no idea how to pack this thing in its own pocket, and google is letting me down hard.

indyfabz 05-12-22 03:49 AM

If it werenít for bad luckÖ.

Wordle 327 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ls01 05-12-22 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22503339)
Tonight's fortune cookie.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ce85bf5e18.jpg

Thinking about Come Hither Red for the lips. Question is, do you match the nails to the lips or use a complimentary color?

Depends on the rest of the ensemble

ls01 05-12-22 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22503511)

can we get a shot of the entire bike please

phrantic09 05-12-22 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22503558)

I have no idea how to pack this thing in its own pocket, and google is letting me down hard.

No instructions?

I donít have a packable rain jacket or vest either. Probably worth getting

Velo Vol 05-12-22 05:11 AM

ATTN: rjones28

Trsnrtr 05-12-22 05:14 AM

Wordle 327 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WhyFi 05-12-22 05:30 AM

Does it just fold in to the typical rear pockets of a jersey/jacket? If so, you're basically folding the rest of the jacket on top of the pocket that you're folding it in to. I just lay it face up, fold in the left and right sides vertically, at the edge of the pocket that you want to pack in to (essentially in thirds for a typical riding vest), then fold the top down at the upper edge of the pocket, and then turn it inside out in to the pocket.

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22503571)
No instructions?

I donít have a packable rain jacket or vest either. Probably worth getting

Packable vests are great. Long sleeve jacket would be nice with rides that'll have big temp swings, but I don't usually see that too much.

In summer rain, I agree to HTFU - getting cold is the problem, not getting wet.

phrantic09 05-12-22 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22503615)
Packable vests are great. Long sleeve jacket would be nice with rides that'll have big temp swings, but I don't usually see that too much.

Agree- sometimes the rain feels great

Velo Vol 05-12-22 05:55 AM

Looking at the page, I saw that a post had been liked from me that I didn't like. :foo:

I made sure to correct that mistake!

Mojo31 05-12-22 06:34 AM

Turn the pouch inside out and start stuffing. Easy peasy.

datlas 05-12-22 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22503628)
Looking at the page, I saw that a post had been liked from me that I didn't like. :foo:

I made sure to correct that mistake!

Some people are lucky we don't have a "dislike" button. :innocent:

WhyFi 05-12-22 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22503658)
Turn the pouch inside out and start stuffing. Easy peasy.

That gets lumpy. Ew.

indyfabz 05-12-22 06:44 AM

Going to pull the trigger on Vermont bike tour reservations.

WhyFi 05-12-22 06:48 AM

Yesterday, my daughter was complaining about an irritant being in her eye. I looked, but couldn't find anything obvious, though her lids were a little puffy. This morning, more complaints, and I mused that it was probably Spring allergies.

...and then I recalled, on Tuesday, overhearing a brief conversation between one of her teachers and another parent, in which "pink eye" was mentioned. :notamused:

So yeah, instead of getting her ready to go to school, we're getting her ready for a visit with the doctor.

Velo Vol 05-12-22 07:13 AM

Fancy

bampilot06 05-12-22 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22503615)
Does it just fold in to the typical rear pockets of a jersey/jacket? If so, you're basically folding the rest of the jacket on top of the pocket that you're folding it in to. I just lay it face up, fold in the left and right sides vertically, at the edge of the pocket that you want to pack in to (essentially in thirds for a typical riding vest), then fold the top down at the upper edge of the pocket, and then turn it inside out in to the pocket.

Figured it out.

Was nice, Super breathable. The rain didnít get me wet, but my sweat sure did.

Power meter worked well once it stopped being silly. The first 10 miles it kept stopped showing power, and the power it was showing was off.

Once it started working the power seemed a little low, but by the end of the ride I think it was showing normal. Iíll try again tomorrow.

Mojo31 05-12-22 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22503673)
Yesterday, my daughter was complaining about an irritant being in her eye. I looked, but couldn't find anything obvious, though her lids were a little puffy. This morning, more complaints, and I mused that it was probably Spring allergies.

...and then I recalled, on Tuesday, overhearing a brief conversation between one of her teachers and another parent, in which "pink eye" was mentioned. :notamused:

So yeah, instead of getting her ready to go to school, we're getting her ready for a visit with the doctor.

The joys of having young kids!

Mojo31 05-12-22 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22503710)
Figured it out.

Was nice, Super breathable. The rain didnít get me wet, but my sweat sure did.

Power meter worked well once it stopped being silly. The first 10 miles it kept stopped showing power, and the power it was showing was off.

Once it started working the power seemed a little low, but by the end of the ride I think it was showing normal. Iíll try again tomorrow.

Which PM did you get?

Mojo31 05-12-22 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22503553)
LBS here sells them, mostly to the tri crowd. They’re nice bikes, Canadien company IIRC

Yep, he bought it from the local Playtri store (which is for sale in case anyone want to be a bike shop owner and get rich). He's only had it a very short while, but it was sure slick looking and seemed well equipped with etap, Hunt carbon wheels, and cable integration. I likey.

He was rugged (censor does not like the word ball-er) too, only one water bottle and it was in the mid-90s when I started riding a little before 5:00.

bampilot06 05-12-22 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22503731)
Which PM did you get?

stages 105. 20 percent off at competitive cyclist.

LAJ 05-12-22 08:05 AM

Tomfoolery and shenanigans are afoot.

Wordle 327 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WhyFi 05-12-22 08:11 AM

Whoa, momma! Hey Trsnrtr, have you tried Counter Culture Hologram? I know that I've tried it in the past, but the old set-up really leaned towards darker roasts. It was really nice this morning, though - nice body, sweet, and notes of blueberry. It was my third of the morning, but it was so good that I might have to have another, even if I get twitchy :twitchy:

CC seems to regularly be on sale for Prime Members at Whole Foods and, at my store, at least, it's usually pretty fresh (2-3 weeks out of roast), so I'm going through them again with the new stuff.

Velo Vol 05-12-22 08:11 AM

It's happening. :bday:

phrantic09 05-12-22 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22503739)
stages 105. 20 percent off at competitive cyclist.

single side? Most of my rides are 46/54 which could account for it looking low.