Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 11:33 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22521917)
Injured already?

Luckily not yet. I kept the skates on and cooked up some coffee and pancakes when I got back. Even the short skate from countertop to countertop to stove... helps me get used to having wheels on my feet again.

bampilot06 05-27-22 11:37 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521926)
Not THAT kinda privacy zone.


sharing is caring, according to my 4 year old. When I am eating M&Ms.

Velo Vol 05-27-22 11:43 AM

I rarely see anyone rollerblading. Not that I hang out on the MUPs, but it seems pretty nonexistent here.

bampilot06 05-27-22 11:52 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22521942)
I rarely see anyone rollerblading. Not that I hang out on the MUPs, but it seems pretty nonexistent here.

Last time I was home I saw someone on cross country skiing roller blades. They had massive wheels and he was going at with 2 poles. His pace was pretty impressive. He was going the wrong way so I didnít even bother to draft.

bampilot06 05-27-22 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521931)
Luckily not yet. I kept the skates on and cooked up some coffee and pancakes when I got back. Even the short skate from countertop to countertop to stove... helps me get used to having wheels on my feet again.


Mrs Lester must be a lot more understanding than Mrs Bam. I would be sleeping on the couch tonight if I wore skates in the house.

bampilot06 05-27-22 11:55 AM

I play soccer, basket ball and football with the neighborhood kids. I cannot wait for them to start playing street hockey. Rollerblades will be happening.

indyfabz 05-27-22 12:03 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22521942)
I rarely see anyone rollerblading. Not that I hang out on the MUPs, but it seems pretty nonexistent here.

They have been making somewhat of a comeback here in Philly, and not just on MUPs. There is even a guy who comes to my local bar wearing them occasionally.

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 12:03 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22521951)
Last time I was home I saw someone on cross country skiing roller blades. They had massive wheels and he was going at with 2 poles. His pace was pretty impressive. He was going the wrong way so I didn’t even bother to draft.

I've never tried the 3-wheel speedskates, but would like to. And the first thing I thought while lacing up these boots is "These things need BOA dammit!"

So obviously I need some $1200 skates :)

https://bont.com/products/vaypor-boa...xoCB10QAvD_BwE

indyfabz 05-27-22 12:04 PM

So....We used to get an early quit before every major holiday weekend. Seems that is no longer the case. Bastids!

abshipp 05-27-22 12:04 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22521680)
I can relate.

I had three separate QRs in my stand yesterday.

Must be tri season.

Mojo31 05-27-22 12:05 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22521955)
Mrs Lester must be a lot more understanding than Mrs Bam. I would be sleeping on the couch tonight if I wore skates in the house.

Sounds like you need to take control of your wife. I hit some golf balls in the living room last night. My wife did not complain one bit.

Mojo31 05-27-22 12:06 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521926)
Not THAT kinda privacy zone.

I'm sorry.

bampilot06 05-27-22 12:06 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22521967)
Sounds like you need to take control of your wife. I hit some golf balls in the living room last night. My wife did not complain one bit.


She knows she will outlive you.





Next.

Mojo31 05-27-22 12:07 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22521965)
So....We used to get an early quit before every major holiday weekend. Seems that is no longer the case. Bastids!

In an all day meeting with the KCS today. Even wearing a tie.

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 12:07 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22521965)
So....We used to get an early quit before every major holiday weekend. Seems that is no longer the case. Bastids!

Time to start looking in to retirement options! :)

Mojo31 05-27-22 12:07 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22521972)
She knows she will outlive you.





Next.

True.

Bah Humbug 05-27-22 12:08 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22521965)
So....We used to get an early quit before every major holiday weekend. Seems that is no longer the case. Bastids!

They don't give that to us either... so most of us just don't really work hard on those days.

As the saying goes, we pretend to work, and they pretend to pay us.

Bah Humbug 05-27-22 12:08 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22521966)
I had three separate QRs in my stand yesterday.

Must be tri season.

Not P3s? :foo:

Bah Humbug 05-27-22 12:09 PM

Rollerblading is fairly common on the Veloway.

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 12:09 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22521973)
In an all day meeting with the KCS today. Even wearing a tie.

Oooh, fancy. I saw another KCS unit out in Peoria, AZ Wednesday. Even though they're more prevalent here than in WY and OR/WA, I still get a little excited when one rolls by.

indyfabz 05-27-22 12:17 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22521973)
Even wearing a tie.

What did you do wrong?

datlas 05-27-22 12:17 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521841)
So I bought a pair of Rollerblades yesterday. Looking forward to putting Rollerblade activities up on the Strava :)

#crosstraining

The 1990's called. They want their rollerblades back.

rjones28 05-27-22 12:17 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521841)
So I bought a pair of Rollerblades yesterday. Looking forward to putting Rollerblade activities up on the Strava :)

#crosstraining

Watch out for cyclists on the MUP.

indyfabz 05-27-22 12:20 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521974)
Time to start looking in to retirement options! :)

Hoping to go at 60, in 33 months. But if I stay until 65 I will be titled to full Railroad Retirement at that age instead of 67 because I will have 30 years of RR service.

Mojo31 05-27-22 12:21 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22521990)
What did you do wrong?

Nothing. Just have to justify my rate.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.