Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

DougRNS 04-15-22 07:49 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22473769)
Yeah, there's a little weather out on Lake Superior. A bunch of ships are huddled in close to shore in Marquette Bay 'til it blows over.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...KQ&oe=6260037C

Superior, they said, never gives up her dead.

LAJ 04-15-22 07:50 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22473767)

Yet a VW had the same swing axle set up, and they gave it a pass.

Consumer Reports rated a Mazda B4000 far higher than a Ranger of the same year. You know, because the built in bias that's always been there.

DougRNS 04-15-22 07:51 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22473787)
There's a little place in L'Anse offering free rent in a furnished apartment in exchange for handyman services this summer, I'm kinda tempted.

"services" Lester, you dawg.

Mojo31 04-15-22 08:01 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22473786)
I'll let the pilot do what he does, because I haven't yet learned how to fly using the google.

Me too, but that wouldnít stop me from screaming like a little girl when the pilot letís go.

genejockey 04-15-22 08:02 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22473790)
Yet a VW had the same swing axle set up, and they gave it a pass.

Consumer Reports rated a Mazda B4000 far higher than a Ranger of the same year. You know, because the built in bias that's always been there.

Plus, by the time the book was published, the Corvair had gone to full IRS.

LAJ 04-15-22 08:02 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22473797)
Me too, but that wouldnít stop me from screaming like a little girl when the pilot letís go.

Indeed. I'm right there with you.

Velo Vol 04-15-22 08:06 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22473782)
WTF???

Winter ended on March 20, 2022.

Starting your 420 celebration early?

Nope. My meteorological calendar is based on conditions on the ground, not in the Solar System.

You going to argue that actual summer doesn't start until June 20?

big john 04-15-22 08:15 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473749)
Maybe I need to adjust my monitor, but I see no evidence of a river. :foo:

What company?

See all those rocks? That's the river bottom. There is a flood control dam a few miles upstream and water only flows there after a major rain, which we don't have anymore.
All of the dams and flood control channels here are federal land, army corps of engineers stuff. Those buildings are part of the community college. No company involved.

Mojo31 04-15-22 08:21 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473803)
Nope. My meteorological calendar is based on conditions on the ground, not in the Solar System.

You going to argue that actual summer doesn't start until June 20?

not arguing anything, just stating well established facts.

LesterOfPuppets 04-15-22 08:23 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22473812)
See all those rocks? That's the river bottom. There is a flood control dam a few miles upstream and water only flows there after a major rain, which we don't have anymore.
All of the dams and flood control channels here are federal land, army corps of engineers stuff. Those buildings are part of the community college. No company involved.

I like how Google maps still makes the river beds blue, even though there's hardly ever water in 'em.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7d89f2d0f3.png

big john 04-15-22 08:27 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22473790)
Yet a VW had the same swing axle set up, and they gave it a pass.

Consumer Reports rated a Mazda B4000 far higher than a Ranger of the same year. You know, because the built in bias that's always been there.

I remember when they had a senate panel, or some gov't people, questioning GM people about the Corvair. They asked if GM engineers had studied the VW before designing the Corvair (they said no). The implications being that Nader's assertions were all true and that since Nader didn't attack Volkswagen their car must be safe.

big john 04-15-22 08:36 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22473818)
I like how Google maps still makes the river beds blue, even though there's hardly ever water in 'em.

Looking at some of the maps you might think there are lakes and rivers all over this area.

rjones28 04-15-22 08:54 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473749)
Maybe I need to adjust my monitor, but I see no evidence of a river. :foo:

What company?


Do you go fishing there?

No

Velo Vol 04-15-22 08:55 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22473812)
Those buildings are part of the community college. No company involved.

What company is testing the aeroplanes?

rjones28 04-15-22 08:59 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473803)
Nope. My meteorological calendar is based on conditions on the ground, not in the Solar System.

You going to argue that actual summer doesn't start until June 20?

There might be snow for Easter.

big john 04-15-22 09:10 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473839)
What company is testing the aeroplanes?

It's a model airport, people bring their own radio control planes for fun. There is a much larger model airport about 20 miles from here where they fly model jets and all manner of RC contraptions.

big john 04-15-22 09:24 PM

Here is a big model.

Velo Vol 04-15-22 10:35 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22473837)
No

You seem like the fishing type.

rjones28 04-15-22 11:09 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473888)
You seem like the fishing type.

Oh?

Velo Vol 04-15-22 11:17 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22473908)
Oh?

Better hurry, only a few more weeks of this action left.


LesterOfPuppets 04-15-22 11:17 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473778)
If there's one person who can be counted on to know where the gross weather is, it's you.

It didn't look that bad in the bay, they didn't wanna get caught out in the open water if it got nasty though.

From left to right is: Rt Hon. Paul J Martin, Kaye E Barker, John G Munson, CSL Welland, Whitefish Bay, and the Arthur M Anderson. 4/15/2022

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n..._Q&oe=625FC0E8

LesterOfPuppets 04-15-22 11:50 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473912)
Better hurry, only a few more weeks of this action left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt5_qwtpF0U

He's probably worried you're gonna drive your Travel-All out there and push his ice shanty onto thin ice.

Velo Vol 04-15-22 11:55 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22473916)
He's probably worried you're gonna drive your Travel-All out there and push his ice shanty onto thin ice.

Am I going to be anywhere near there when there's still ice?

LesterOfPuppets 04-16-22 12:03 AM


LAJ 04-16-22 04:53 AM

Splendid, it says.

Wordle 301 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.