Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

LesterOfPuppets 07-17-21 08:20 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22146272)
At least football will be here soon.

I can't wait!!!


DougRNS 07-17-21 08:32 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22146270)
I might check in on the last 5 minutes, not much of a basketball fan.

Might want to check out the Pirates- Mets game. The bucs just dropped 5 runs on them in the 8th to make it interesting.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...21dac1dca2.jpg
They're honoring the '71 world Champs tonight. 12 from the team are in attendance.

big john 07-17-21 08:36 PM

My friend just posted a pic she took today of this scene in front of a farmhouse we rode by today. She said since there is no white jersey the red is for the best rider over 55.
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...81&oe=60F8A7D2

LesterOfPuppets 07-17-21 08:54 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22146294)
My friend just posted a pic she took today of this scene in front of a farmhouse we rode by today. She said since there is no white jersey the red is for the best rider over 55.
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...81&oe=60F8A7D2

I'd say Lanterne Rouge :)

Velo Vol 07-17-21 08:57 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22146272)
At least football will be here soon.

No.


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22146279)
Curious though. What brought you to our wonderful facility?

Back in the '90s I attended a nation-wide ute gathering that was held there/Red Rocks. There wasn't a proper race on the track, but they did some demo runs. I saw that sport must have been an invention of Big Tyre.

DougRNS 07-17-21 09:05 PM

Down 6 after 8 innings and they got a walk off granny. Until tonight teams were 314-0 this year with that lead.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3b7f80392d.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 07-17-21 09:11 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22146309)
Back in the '90s I attended a nation-wide ute gathering that was held there/Red Rocks. There wasn't a proper race on the track, but they did some demo runs. I saw that sport must have been an invention of Big Tyre.

Go Utes!!!


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...675d3caf62.png

LAJ 07-17-21 09:11 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22146309)
No.


Back in the '90s I attended a nation-wide ute gathering that was held there/Red Rocks. There wasn't a proper race on the track, but they did some demo runs. I saw that sport must have been an invention of Big Tyre.

Nice. Correct on the tire observation.

LAJ 07-17-21 09:12 PM

One for rjones.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4f0258f5b1.jpg

Velo Vol 07-17-21 09:15 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22146312)
Down 6 after 8 innings and they got a walk off granny.

Looks like it was controversial.


Velo Vol 07-17-21 09:18 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22146320)
Nice. Correct on the tire observation.

Like, all the tyre squealing when they were actually racing wasn't enough. They had to do a bunch beforehand when they were "warming up" or whatever was going on before the green light.

DougRNS 07-17-21 09:24 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22146324)

Not at all. The jackass pitcher thought it was a pop up. It was 10 rows deep in the seats. 2nd time in a week we beat him in the 9th.

LesterOfPuppets 07-17-21 09:25 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22146331)
Not at all. The jackass pitcher thought it was a pop up. It was 10 rows deep in the seats. 2nd time in a week we beat him in the 9th.

Edwin Diaz is an ex Mariner. The little lady was shaking her head and said what an idiot, glad we got rid of him.

DougRNS 07-17-21 11:10 PM


Originally Posted by ksryder (Post 22144008)
OK this is going to bug me because there's a song that uses "high toned" in the lyrics and I'm sure it's semi-famous but I can't for the life of me remember. Probably some country song complaining about city folk.

Mudcrutch has a song called House of Stone that uses high tone.


Velo Vol 07-18-21 04:59 AM

Maidin mhaith.

rjones28 07-18-21 06:53 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22146323)

TR6 vs Vega?

Perfect.

rjones28 07-18-21 07:01 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22146498)
Maidin mhaith.

An mbraitheann sé cosúil le Dé Luain?

big john 07-18-21 08:18 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22146126)
No Baseball. I'll be here tomorrow.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7cfcd61c4.jpeg


LAJ 07-18-21 08:31 AM

Looks like Saturday is the good ticket now Friday used to be the best but they cut it down to one nighttime qualifying session. We still had a blast but I need more nitro.

Velo Vol 07-18-21 08:31 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22146597)
An mbraitheann sé cosúil le Dé Luain?

Sea.

big john 07-18-21 09:22 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22146677)
Looks like Saturday is the good ticket now Friday used to be the best but they cut it down to one nighttime qualifying session. We still had a blast but I need more nitro.

I think ticket prices here at Pomona are the same for Saturday and Sunday.

abshipp 07-18-21 09:40 AM

I think I might need to buy a Halo.

93% humidity at the start of this morning's ride :notamused:

​​​​​​Gross
​​​

datlas 07-18-21 10:39 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22146773)
I think I might need to buy a Halo.

93% humidity at the start of this morning's ride :notamused:

​​​​​​Gross
​​​

Do it now and thank me later.

There are very few cycling related products I would do a “testimonial” for. The Halo is one of them.

Velo Vol 07-18-21 11:56 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22146847)
There are very few cycling related products I would do a “testimonial” for. The Halo is one of them.

What's your testimony?

datlas 07-18-21 12:04 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22146959)
What's your testimony?

Without a Halo on a hot, humid ride, I would invariably get sweat dripping into my eyes which would cause significant stinging/discomfort.

With a Halo, I can ride in extreme heat/humidity and not get sweat in my eyes, and the silicone barrier is very comfortable.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.