Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

WhyFi 05-06-22 07:08 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22496977)
Or a bidet/hose.

Wait - you don't have a travel bidet in your repair kit? Rookie. :rolleyes:

:p

bampilot06 05-06-22 07:09 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22496928)
Unless my wife gets cold feet, she's getting measured for a Trek Project One Emonda SLR 6 today. :bday:


Is she gunna go with one of the custom paint jobs! That metallic paint is awesome!

Mojo31 05-06-22 07:12 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22496997)
Wait - you don't have a travel bidet in your repair kit? Rookie. :rolleyes:

:p

Everything I need is in my tube.

:innocent:

indyfabz 05-06-22 07:25 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22496916)
Since the pandemic started, I have been especially looking for outdoor sources:

Warwick County Park


Rode near there last weekend on the way to and from French Creek S.P. That place used to have the nastiest pit toilets BITD.

Did you climb County Park Rd.?

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 07:26 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22496977)
Or a bidet/hose.

That's what water bottles are for. :thumb:

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 07:29 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22496998)
Is she gunna go with one of the custom paint jobs! That metallic paint is awesome!

She thinks she's going with the Navy Smoke Quicksilver or she can get the stock color, Amethyst/Brushed Chrome.

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 07:32 AM

My wife has never had electronic shifting so I set up my Propel for her to try. She said, "I could just ride this." :lol:

WhyFi 05-06-22 07:33 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22497009)
That's water bottles are for. :thumb:


And here I thought that road spray on water bottles, while in cattle country, was gross. :twitchy:

LAJ 05-06-22 07:33 AM

**** talking.

No matter where we go, there we are.

WhyFi 05-06-22 07:34 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22497017)
My wife has never had electronic shifting so I set up my Propel for her to try. She said, "I could just ride this." :lol:

Which would obviously mean that you'd need a new bike. I like this line of thinking. :D

WhyFi 05-06-22 07:35 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22497019)
**** talking.

No matter where we go, there we are.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1L7Q+HdXdL.jpg

Mojo31 05-06-22 07:39 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22497009)
That's what water bottles are for. :thumb:

Ewwww!

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 07:40 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22497025)
Ewwww!

That's why I carry two. :thumb:

bampilot06 05-06-22 07:42 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22497019)
**** talking.

No matter where we go, there we are.


No, No, No, No There’s two O’s in Goose, boys.

Mojo31 05-06-22 07:47 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22497015)
She thinks she's going with the Navy Smoke Quicksilver or she can get the stock color, Amethyst/Brushed Chrome.


:love::love::love:

Jealous.

LAJ 05-06-22 07:55 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22497022)

That's a fact. Though I doubt that'll ever be on my reading list. Upside to not having kids, I guess.

Velo Vol 05-06-22 08:01 AM

Big morning at Velo Vol Industries.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...23a0b7e964.png

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 08:01 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22497047)
That's a fact. Though I doubt that'll ever be on my reading list. Upside to not having kids, I guess.

My boss gave me a similar book called “How to **** in the Woods” or something like that. He gave it to me ever since he heard that cyclists have to make emergency stops. :)

edit: the book is on Amazon.

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 08:07 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22497035)
:love::love::love:

Jealous.

She is really waffling. Until I see her put a deposit down, it’s not a done deal and even then, the shop said they won’t make her take it when it comes in because they can sell it easily.

Its an outrageous amount of money but she’s earned it.

Mojo31 05-06-22 08:13 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22497068)
She is really waffling. Until I see her put a deposit down, it’s not a done deal and even then, the shop said they won’t make her take it when it comes in because they can sell it easily.

Its an outrageous amount of money but she’s earned it.

As long as you have it, you might as well enjoy it. It's not going with you!

We are not big on the idea that parents must leave their kids an inheritance. We tried to give them the fundamentals to succeed (whatever that may look like to them), and the rest is up to them.

phrantic09 05-06-22 08:13 AM


Originally Posted by mojo31 (Post 22496999)
everything i need is in my tube.

:innocent:

twss

indyfabz 05-06-22 08:16 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22497058)
My boss gave me a similar book called “How to **** in the Woods” or something like that. He gave it to me ever since he heard that cyclists have to make emergency stops. :)

This got me wondering in how many different states I have had to do that. I have come up with 5 so far.

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 08:17 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22497081)
As long as you have it, you might as well enjoy it. It's not going with you!

We are not big on the idea that parents must leave their kids an inheritance. We tried to give them the fundamentals to succeed (whatever that may look like to them), and the rest is up to them.

I was told many years ago not to finance your children’s retirement with your own.

phrantic09 05-06-22 08:18 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22497081)
As long as you have it, you might as well enjoy it. It's not going with you!

We are not big on the idea that parents must leave their kids an inheritance. We tried to give them the fundamentals to succeed (whatever that may look like to them), and the rest is up to them.

I feel the same way. My in-laws in the other hand don’t spend a penny. I think perhaps it’s because they are in their 80s and both grew up poor-ish.


My wife is going to inherit something like 100 acres of prime semi - suburban real estate in central CT. Current market value is something north of 7 million. I wish they’d sell some and get something nice, but they’re just not wired that way. My MIL drives a 20 year old Ram 3/4 ton diesel and while they could easily afford a new truck, “I like this one”

Mojo31 05-06-22 08:22 AM

Hold on to this one Phrantic09! :thumb:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.