Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

DougRNS 05-18-22 11:44 AM


Originally Posted by billyd (Post 22511174)
did not watch. chicken. Smart

fify

genejockey 05-18-22 11:44 AM

More like it.
Wordle 333 3/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

DougRNS 05-18-22 11:45 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22510712)

needs more coffee.

BillyD 05-18-22 11:45 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22511180)
Not good, I feel old AF.:(

I know you really wanted to say old as me. I wouldn’t mind. :lol:

Hope you find some relief.

seedsbelize2 05-18-22 11:48 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22511087)
Coincidentally, I've never been to Spain.

Same

genejockey 05-18-22 11:50 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22511181)
There’s always something. :crash:

I believe it's a not-unexpected finding in an athlete, if I might stretch the definition enough to include myself.

Maybe, like the Grinch, my heart grew three sizes one day?

genejockey 05-18-22 11:52 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22511191)
Same

But I kinda like the music
Say the ladies are insane there
And they sure know how to use it.

seedsbelize2 05-18-22 11:52 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22511138)
I wonder how the pilot managed that with both on board. This might be one of those we never know. I don’t think China will ever release the information.

I've read a lot about that Malaysian plane that disappeared. It was suggested that the copilot was sent into the cabin, and then locked out of the cockpit.

My dad was a bomber pilot and I am (or rather was) a certified A&P mechanic. Thus my interested in plane crashes

seedsbelize2 05-18-22 11:54 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22511147)
Admiral Admirable ambition, so how are we doing?

...

seedsbelize2 05-18-22 12:01 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22511195)
I believe it's a not-unexpected finding in an athlete, if I might stretch the definition enough to include myself.

Maybe, like the Grinch, my heart grew three sizes one day?

Taylor Hawkins' heart was the largest anybody had ever seen for a man his age.
Late drummer for Foo Fighters.

bampilot06 05-18-22 12:05 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22511151)
The story I read said that the black box data showed that the cockpit controls put the plane into the near vertical dive.


correct, but what did the pilot do that didn’t initiate the decent? I wouldn’t sit there quietly and watch the ground get bigger.

Bah Humbug 05-18-22 12:07 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22511220)
correct, but what did the pilot do that didn’t initiate the decent? I wouldn’t sit there quietly and watch the ground get bigger.

You wouldn’t… most pilots don’t. Not everyone is wired right, or wired right 24/7.

bampilot06 05-18-22 12:12 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22511214)
Taylor Hawkins' heart was the largest anybody had ever seen for a man his age.
Late drummer for Foo Fighters.


Did he cycle?

WhyFi 05-18-22 12:15 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22511228)
Did he cycle?

Drumming in a rock band is a workout, yo.

Mojo31 05-18-22 12:31 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22511220)
correct, but what did the pilot do that didn’t initiate the decent? I wouldn’t sit there quietly and watch the ground get bigger.

We may never know how it was initiated other than what the recorded flight data will reveal. The crew that initiated the dive could have stabbed the other or hit him over the head to knock him out so that he could not interfere with his actions. Or, he may have been left alone in the cockpit. Lots of WTF??? But, it seems to be now known that one of the crew put the plane in the vertical descent.

I'm not sure what is worse - knowing you are going to die in just a few minutes or knowing that you are going to hit the ground really hard in just a few minutes. Either way, you don't have to worry about it for long.

Mojo31 05-18-22 12:32 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22511234)
Drumming in a rock band is a workout, yo.

They sweat way more than the trumpeteers.

LesterOfPuppets 05-18-22 12:35 PM

Happy Mt. St. Helens day, y'all!

https://cdn6.creativecirclemedia.com...27795882c6.jpg

Bah Humbug 05-18-22 12:42 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22511262)
We may never know how it was initiated other than what the recorded flight data will reveal. The crew that initiated the dive could have stabbed the other or hit him over the head to knock him out so that he could not interfere with his actions. Or, he may have been left alone in the cockpit. Lots of WTF??? But, it seems to be now known that one of the crew put the plane in the vertical descent.

I'm not sure what is worse - knowing you are going to die in just a few minutes or knowing that you are going to hit the ground really hard in just a few minutes. Either way, you don't have to worry about it for long.

Will we ever get to mandated cockpit webcam streams back to HQ?

bampilot06 05-18-22 12:50 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22511262)
We may never know how it was initiated other than what the recorded flight data will reveal. The crew that initiated the dive could have stabbed the other or hit him over the head to knock him out so that he could not interfere with his actions. Or, he may have been left alone in the cockpit. Lots of WTF??? But, it seems to be now known that one of the crew put the plane in the vertical descent.

I'm not sure what is worse - knowing you are going to die in just a few minutes or knowing that you are going to hit the ground really hard in just a few minutes. Either way, you don't have to worry about it for long.


You are just buttering me up with happy thoughts.

bampilot06 05-18-22 12:52 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22511272)
Will we ever get to mandated cockpit webcam streams back to HQ?


Not only no. but hell no.


What would that benefit? Absolutely nothing. The FDR that we have here give the airline enough information in an event.

Plus, how many people would they have to hire to watch 1,000 of hours of flight video a day?

bampilot06 05-18-22 12:55 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0fa2ef620.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...03fda5e6e.jpeg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f08b2e59d.jpeg


A friend of mine at the Local Trek store called last week to inform me that he 3D printed something awesome this past week.

He has the same madone as me, and for those of you that know, the varia and the madone don’t get along.

The mount with the bands won’t stay centered when you ride, sometimes turning completly around, (still didn’t help me). anywho he created a mount for the madone and he hooked me up today. He said he will make blue ones soon, but I’m pretty stoked just to have it as is.

bampilot06 05-18-22 12:57 PM

Oh the last picture was a surprise I found when I got home. Any bigger I would have bought it a collar and named it Max.

Bah Humbug 05-18-22 01:06 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22511283)
Not only no. but hell no.


What would that benefit? Absolutely nothing. The FDR that we have here give the airline enough information in an event.

Plus, how many people would they have to hire to watch 1,000 of hours of flight video a day?

Not for constant viewing, but auditing. I agree in principle with “hell no”, but these few mystery crashes are very high-profile. We have the FDR but still don’t know exactly what happened.

And lots of people are videod at work, no matter how ****** it is.

Mojo31 05-18-22 01:09 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22511272)
Will we ever get to mandated cockpit webcam streams back to HQ?

The lawyers will make sure that that is implemented at some point.

The monitors will only have to review the tapes of flights experiencing "events."

Mojo31 05-18-22 01:14 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22511289)
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0fa2ef620.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...03fda5e6e.jpeg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f08b2e59d.jpeg


A friend of mine at the Local Trek store called last week to inform me that he 3D printed something awesome this past week.

He has the same madone as me, and for those of you that know, the varia and the madone don’t get along.

The mount with the bands won’t stay centered when you ride, sometimes turning completly around, (still didn’t help me). anywho he created a mount for the madone and he hooked me up today. He said he will make blue ones soon, but I’m pretty stoked just to have it as is.

Cool bracket! :thumb:

Gunky chain. :eek:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.