Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

rjones28 05-27-22 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22521966)
I had three separate QRs in my stand yesterday.

Must be tri season.

Our shop used to be a QR dealer.

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22522000)
Our shop used to be a QR dealer.

Thru axles only now?

:innocent:

indyfabz 05-27-22 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22521999)
Nothing. Just have to justify my rate.

:lol:

We must be more casual up here. We pay some not-so-cheap outside counsel for some things and they usually don't dress so formally.

We actually went business casual 24/7/365 way back in the fall of 1996. it used to be every Friday and every day between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Juts before Labor Day of '96 they announced the change in policy.

If I am going to meet with someone "important" (e.g., a state official) I will wear a jacket and tie. I only own one suit, and I am certain it no longer fits.

Velo Vol 05-27-22 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22521967)
I hit some golf balls in the living room last night.

Why?

Mojo31 05-27-22 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22522013)
:lol:

We must be more casual up here. We pay some not-so-cheap outside counsel for some things and they usually don't dress so formally.

We actually went business casual 24/7/365 way back in the fall of 1996. it used to be every Friday and every day between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Juts before Labor Day of '96 they announced the change in policy.

If I am going to meet with someone "important" (e.g., a state official) I will wear a jacket and tie. I only own one suit, and I am certain it no longer fits.

Generally my meetings with them are casual attire. We're doing a mediation today. The suit and tie was more to impress on the other side - don't jack with me as I'm a bad mofo. :D

Mojo31 05-27-22 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22522026)
Why?

Practice.

genejockey 05-27-22 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521962)
I've never tried the 3-wheel speedskates, but would like to. And the first thing I thought while lacing up these boots is "These things need BOA dammit!"

So obviously I need some $1200 skates :)

https://bont.com/products/vaypor-boa...xoCB10QAvD_BwE

My BIL is a pretty serious competitive inline skater. He's done well in Masters races at the State level, at least.

Velo Vol 05-27-22 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22522034)
Practice.

0% chance your game is better because you hit in the house.

Mojo31 05-27-22 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22522070)

Not really. Was hitting off a mat with some muscle memory exercises. Used soft plastic balls so no lives were jeopardized.

datlas 05-27-22 01:44 PM

Patients must think my practice is Burger King. They keep wanting to have it their way.

Example 1: "I went to urgent care yesterday because I hit my head, and they say I need a CAT scan to be sure I don't have a brain bleed. They said I should order the scan, and order it STAT"
Example 2: "My back is killing me and my chiropractor said I should get you to write me an order for a medrol pack"
Example 3: "I have COVID and you have to order paxlovid for me"
Example 4: "I have a UTI and am too busy to drop off a specimen. Send in some antibiotics"

Mind you all 4 patients are refusing to do a telemedicine visit or office visit. The want me and my staff to do all this work for free.

It's not Burger King. You can't always have it your way.

#Rant

rjones28 05-27-22 01:54 PM

Okay Arnie.

Trsnrtr 05-27-22 02:08 PM

You can ramp up your putting game, though.

genejockey 05-27-22 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22522077)
Not really. Was hitting off a mat with some muscle memory exercises. Used soft plastic balls so no lives were jeopardized.

I am reminded of the scene in "Animal House" where Otter is helping Boone work on hitting off the tee.

genejockey 05-27-22 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22522142)

I have never played a round of golf in my life. I don't practice any part of golf in any way. Never have, never will. With that in mind...

Years ago, I was working at a really small startup (I was #3 employee and the first guy working in the facility). The President set up an afternoon of golf for anyone interested, and the Friday afternoon before that, brought in a couple putters and balls. So, for our Friday afternoon hangout/party, we were taking turns putting into a Solo cup, in the office (because it had carpet). I COULD NOT MISS. I was literally sinking every shot. The President would set up oh-so-carefully, and COULD NOT SINK A PUT. After a while, this started to get to him. So he moved the cup farther away and said, Just the two of us. He went first, and missed. Then I sunk mine. He grabbed the putter out of my hand. It was such a childish move, but so totally in character for him - he liked to pretend he was everyone's pal, but that dude had real problems with anyone showing him up in any way.

indyfabz 05-27-22 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22522149)
I am reminded of the scene in "Animal House" where Otter is helping Boone work on hitting off the tee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXcUp-Xq8C4

Back in 2007 Cycle Oregon spent a night on the outskirts of Cottage Grove, where the homecoming parade scenes were filmed. Took the shuttle into town and walked up and down the parade route. I took a photo of an old restaurant sign. When I watched the film years later I realized you can see the sign for a split second.

”You can take your thumb out of my ass anytime now, Carmine.”—Marion Wormer

bampilot06 05-27-22 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22522034)
Practice.

If you were working on your drive, I would hate to see your windows or walls.

bampilot06 05-27-22 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22522142)

Thats what putt put is for, And you can win prizes.

bampilot06 05-27-22 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22522114)
Patients must think my practice is Burger King. They keep wanting to have it their way.

Example 1: "I went to urgent care yesterday because I hit my head, and they say I need a CAT scan to be sure I don't have a brain bleed. They said I should order the scan, and order it STAT"
Example 2: "My back is killing me and my chiropractor said I should get you to write me an order for a medrol pack"
Example 4: "I have a UTI and am too busy to drop off a specimen. Send in some antibiotics"

Mind you all 4 patients are refusing to do a telemedicine visit or office visit. The want me and my staff to do all this work for free.

#Rant

You mean, Doctors don’t like it when I do this?

The things you learn on this forum.

Mojo31 05-27-22 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22522163)
If you were working on your drive, I would hate to see your windows or walls.

Chipping into a basket 10-15 feet away. No walls or windows were sacrificed.

I'm playing in the morning so have to up my game.

Bah Humbug 05-27-22 02:56 PM

#Rant

I can't even imagine that level of entitlement. I'd assume you'd rather the Covid guy have a telemedicine than office, but... did the first guy just want you to order the CAT scan? Why didn't urgent care do that if needed? And then there's druggie and antibiotic guys. Wow.

Mojo31 05-27-22 03:18 PM

#Rant

Malpractice waiting to happen if you cave.

MoAlpha 05-27-22 03:57 PM

#Rant

Hey, if we stopped regulating health care and let the market rule, those people could just go out and buy those goods and services, right? :D

MoAlpha 05-27-22 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22522208)
Malpractice waiting to happen if you cave.

Statistics suggest you can commit manslaughter every day of the week, but they’ll only sue if they think you’re a prick.

Mojo31 05-27-22 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22522238)
Hey, if we stopped regulating health care and let the market rule, those people could just go out and buy those goods and services, right? :D

Why should you guys be any different than us? Free market FTW!

BillyD 05-27-22 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22521967)
Sounds like you need to take control of your wife.

Wow. Good thing for you there aren't many female members that come through here. Only Siu now and then.