Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Praise for Voler (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1248000)

Symox 03-09-22 01:15 AM

Praise for Voler

Was just going through my drawer of bike clothes and realized that at this point, virtually all of it is from Voler. I really like their products, especially the bib shorts, long and short sleeve jerseys, wind vest and socks. They fit well, designed with care and last for me (I've used their stuff for 15 years now, though I had to retire a pair of bib shorts after 10 years as it lost some elasticity).

If you're looking for a great bike clothing company from the US with great customer service, give them a try. As far as I know, they only sell direct (which I prefer - don't worry, they have a generous return policy for items that don't fit) Here's a link to their website

Nobody paid me to say this, nor do I work for them. I'm just a satisfied customer who appreciates when a company does a good job.

indyfabz 03-09-22 04:49 AM

I have had a set of their warmers for the longest time. Built to last.

WhyFi 03-09-22 08:03 AM

Yup, they make good stuff. Also, if you like the Voler quality but want a broader selection of design, they manufacturer a lot (all?) of the bibs and jerseys offered by Twin Six.

kingston 03-09-22 08:30 AM

Another big Voler fan. They run 20% off everything sales once in a while which makes their stuff an even better deal.

datlas 03-09-22 09:14 AM

We have used them for our club kit for several years. We are pleased overall.

mstateglfr 03-09-22 10:10 AM

The Voler Black Label bibs are what I use almost exclusively- love the compression, fit, and materials. I want to try some other bib models that are cheaper, but at the same time dont want to mess with a good thing and probably should just stick with what I know works.
Jerseys are largely subdued which I do like, but since Voler makes Twin6 stuff, you know they can do some interesting patterns too. Its interesting that they seem to stay away from that and instead stick to more basic patterns on their branded jerseys.

Last year I ordered 2 mid-level jerseys from Voler and they took 3 weeks to deliver since they are made to order(I like that. less waste). Both jerseys were comically big. It was as if someone hadnt bothered to actually measure before cutting. I have 2 other Voler jerseys in the same size so I know how that size in that style is supposed to fit. These jerseys were multiple inches longer in the torso and when riding the jersey was so long I could pull it down and sit on it. Also, the pockets were a couple inches deeper than my other jerseys and they were loose.
The jerseys were returned. I waited 1 week to get credit, then ordered 2 more in race cut instead of club cut figuring maybe Voler had changed their design/size. Another 3 weeks passed and I got jerseys that were definitely race cut and definitely not for me, so they also went back.

I will give them another chance as I do like the 2 Voler jerseys I have. Hopefully they cut the fabric correctly this time.

FrankTuna 03-09-22 10:45 AM

How wide is the chamois? I ride a 155-160mm saddle and generally have had no issues, but I've tried a few brands (Pearl Izumi and another I can't remember) that seemed to have super narrow chamois.

Thanks!!

dougphoto 03-09-22 12:41 PM

Yep great stuff

Symox 03-09-22 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by mstateglfr (Post 22433414)
The Voler Black Label bibs are what I use almost exclusively- love the compression, fit, and materials. I want to try some other bib models that are cheaper, but at the same time dont want to mess with a good thing and probably should just stick with what I know works.
Jerseys are largely subdued which I do like, but since Voler makes Twin6 stuff, you know they can do some interesting patterns too. Its interesting that they seem to stay away from that and instead stick to more basic patterns on their branded jerseys.

Last year I ordered 2 mid-level jerseys from Voler and they took 3 weeks to deliver since they are made to order(I like that. less waste). Both jerseys were comically big. It was as if someone hadnt bothered to actually measure before cutting. I have 2 other Voler jerseys in the same size so I know how that size in that style is supposed to fit. These jerseys were multiple inches longer in the torso and when riding the jersey was so long I could pull it down and sit on it. Also, the pockets were a couple inches deeper than my other jerseys and they were loose.
The jerseys were returned. I waited 1 week to get credit, then ordered 2 more in race cut instead of club cut figuring maybe Voler had changed their design/size. Another 3 weeks passed and I got jerseys that were definitely race cut and definitely not for me, so they also went back.

I will give them another chance as I do like the 2 Voler jerseys I have. Hopefully they cut the fabric correctly this time.

I had one order that they messed up and it wasn’t obvious. I ordered some medium bibs I had two of them and one of them fit well and the other one was just weird it took me a while to figure out but they had sent me one that had an extra large bottom. They took care of the situation pretty quickly. problems can happen, I understand but I appreciated how they handled it professionally and quickly

BFisher 03-09-22 03:34 PM

I have a nice orange jersey from Voler. It's one of my favorites. They do make a nice product.

Symox 03-11-22 07:14 PM

Just got a new long sleeve wind breaker and gloves from them - very impressed. Worth every penny

silverado8405 03-13-22 01:15 PM

Love their jerseys, can’t get on with their bibs. Have a few other odds and ends from them, never had an issue aside from my delicate posterior not liking the pad in their shorts.

PoorInRichfield 03-18-22 06:30 AM

I'm also a Voler fan. Even their low-end, more affordable shorts are very comfortable. I personally can't justify spending > $100 for a single pair of shorts and I find Voler to be one of the few brands that offers quality shorts for a good price. I also like it that they're a USA brand... 'cause I'm a USA guy :D

black_box 03-18-22 06:58 PM

Back in the day, Voler made the Elite FS bib and I have several still in rotation. The newer black label is more compression than I want, anyone know what model is closest to the elite FS?

I've got a few other Voler items and been pleased with quality.

surak 03-18-22 07:39 PM

I have a few of their club fit jerseys from events/clubs that are pretty bad (heavy, not breathable, sleeves that are ridiculous short), and a pair of bibs with their best chamois but which fit terribly loose because their size chart was off -- custom so not returnable. I gave them another chance by buying an aero SS jersey on sale a few months back, but haven't had a chance to wear it on a real ride. I've since bought aero jerseys from Rapha and Castelli that were on also sale and honestly the Voler isn't even in the same universe, while only being $30 cheaper.