Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Mojo31 08-09-21 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22176905)
Closest thing is Annapolis-Newport and that’s just an offshore sailing race, not

Yeesh! :rolleyes:

Also no cash and usually warmer.

And no pedaling. Why spoil an enjoyable sail with cold and pedaling?

WhyFi 08-09-21 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sy Reene (Post 22176921)
Interesting I wasn't aware this existed in the 510. However, the way I read it for the 510, it's not a light mode, just a radar tracking mode. ie. I couldn't find any mention that there's any change to the light intensity or flashing behavior, only that a following bicyclist is able to be tracked, without the threat level color bars being lit up until a fast approaching vehicle shows up.

Documentation w/r/t Peloton Mode on the 510 is spotty, to say the least. It'd be nice of them to clarify. At the same time, I would certainly hope that both the tracking and lighting functionality were carried over to the 510; I can't see any reason that the hardware wouldn't fully support it, so it would be pretty ****** of them to hold it back from firmware updates.

LesterOfPuppets 08-09-21 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22176945)

Yeah, I think I'd rather row than pedal, several boats have tried SUP paddling from up on the deck and they seem to have unanimously confirmed that that is the worst human power on a sailboat.

I think a Trimaran with a bike or two on the main hull, and slide seats on the outriggers would be best, ideally having enough crew so you could rotate off every hour.

datlas 08-09-21 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22176948)
Documentation w/r/t Peloton Mode on the 510 is spotty, to say the least. It'd be nice of them to clarify. At the same time, I would certainly hope that both the tracking and lighting functionality were carried over to the 510; I can't see any reason that the hardware wouldn't fully support it, so it would be pretty ****** of them to hold it back from firmware updates.

I don't know what's up with Garmin but I do know my friends who use Garmin head units complain incessantly about them. Several have jumped over to Wahoo or Hammerhead in the past year.

Mojo31 08-09-21 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22177094)
Yeah, I think I'd rather row than pedal, several boats have tried SUP paddling from up on the deck and they seem to have unanimously confirmed that that is the worst human power on a sailboat.

I think a Trimaran with a bike or two on the main hull, and slide seats on the outriggers would be best, ideally having enough crew so you could rotate off every hour.

The Kiwis tried pedal power for the 35th America's Cup:

America's Cup: Team New Zealand gambles on pedal power | CNN

MoAlpha 08-09-21 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22176945)

Pedaling sounds actually pretty good on a cold, dark, watch where every muscle stiffens, the ass hurts, and the feet go numb.

Mojo31 08-09-21 11:23 AM

Oops!

WhyFi 08-09-21 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22177099)
I don't know what's up with Garmin but I do know my friends who use Garmin head units complain incessantly about them. Several have jumped over to Wahoo or Hammerhead in the past year.

Eh. My experience with Garmin products so far is that much of the kvetching is either outdated or overblown. Something like this (documentation of a new feature and whether or not it was fully implemented on previous generation hardware) is something that could easily slip through the cracks. I might take a look through the firmware update logs and see if it's specifically mentioned, but it's only mild curiosity; none of the guys have complained about my light and I've never been bothered by a teammate with the same light, so it's not really a practical concern.

WhyFi 08-09-21 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22177149)

Oh wells. I can't feel sorry for 'em.

Mojo31 08-09-21 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22177201)
Oh wells. I can't feel sorry for 'em.

Nope, just humorous to see.

My son told me that when he was in Italy for his study abroad program, a local guide that was taking a group of them to a lookout point over Trieste and got stuck like that. Scratched up the side of the car like crazy.

LesterOfPuppets 08-09-21 12:51 PM

Just because they call it the Roma doesn't mean you can drive it in Roma.

BillyD 08-09-21 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22176689)
Its a horrible situation, but she was reiterating her stance to a group of friends and my wife just a couple weeks ago. So sad.

The problems is that the unvaxxed began to relax their guard to the same degree the vaxxed were doing as the spread started to slow, a serious mistake.

BillyD 08-09-21 12:59 PM

https://i.imgur.com/ZscNp0K.gif

WhyFi 08-09-21 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22177324)
The problems is that the unvaxxed began to relax their guard to the same degree the vaxxed were doing as the spread started to slow, a serious mistake.

You're too kind. As soon as the "fully vaccinated are not required to wear a mask" policy came down the line, I knew that the unvaccinated folks (the ones that threw toddler-like mask tantrums, at least) would take it as an invite to lie, via their actions, and pretend that they were responsible adults.

gnome 08-09-21 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22176641)
Here we go again. Back to mask wearing. I've heard the " it's like trying to stop mosquitos with a chain link fence" argument 3 times in 15 minutes. How do you combat that kind of logic?

duct tape. while it can't fix stupid, it can muffle the sound.

Mojo31 08-09-21 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22177460)
duct tape. while it can't fix stupid, it can muffle the sound.

It can also mmmmmmummify you ass. Useful stuff.

Trsnrtr 08-09-21 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22177324)

Yep. I agree totally. I know two unvaccinated people that I no longer ride with that are walking in to convenience stores during our rest stops without a mask.

Trsnrtr 08-09-21 03:00 PM

On a personal note, I got my 11th eye injection of Avastin today and was told that I’m getting worse. Next month, the doc is going to up the ante to Eylea which carries a $400 co-pay. Luckily, I got approved with an organization to pay the monthly co-pay till the end of the year and then I have to be approved again which shouldn’t be a problem.

indyfabz 08-09-21 03:34 PM

Get off my RD cable.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8b63c1d65.jpeg

datlas 08-09-21 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22177622)

You have a bug in the system.

indyfabz 08-09-21 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22177645)
You have a bug in the system.

I stomped 5 on my way to Wawa for lunch. Less than I block.

Bah Humbug 08-09-21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22177099)

It’s weird. AG, who is tech savvy, has endless issues with Garmin. I watch her do things exactly as I do, but it stops recording mid-ride or the like, or crashes on boot up. And that’s across multiple 520s and a 530. And a watch. Mine are almost perfect.

Bah Humbug 08-09-21 05:51 PM

Just had to switch rooms - the old one had a door to the adjoining, and it was completely sound transparent with a loud neighbor. Story of my dman life. Fortunately AG is very understanding and it was two doors down.

The hotel has gone downhill in the last two years though (I’m sure they’re hurting from COVID) and with the restaurant next door that we had liked closed, and the bike shop next door moved, we may look into AirBnB next time. Sad, but one of those changes.

seedsbelize 08-09-21 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22176053)
Steel frame. Crabon fork.

That downtube is quite large, for steel. What isit?

seedsbelize 08-09-21 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22177622)

Assassin bug? I hope you squashed it.