Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Velo Vol 08-11-21 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22180894)

Sadly for Velo Vol it's 50 days, not 500.

WhyFi 08-11-21 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22180851)
What's sad is that apparently no one else has seen this movie.

Like I wouldn't recognize Minka or the movie.

seedsbelize 08-11-21 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22180237)
Recall my cycling friend has let me borrow a bike he co-owns in LA. The bike has Time road pedals on it. Who uses those?? The owner in LA does not have a pedal wrench so I am on my own to extricate these. I asked him if I really need a pedal wrench or can an Allen key fit into the spindle like most normal pedals. He said he does not know but sent me some pics. I can’t quite tell. The last thing I want to haul in my carry on luggage is a pedal wrench that will prolly get confiscated by the TSA.

First world problems, for sure.

Anyone know about these pedals? See pics.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...aaa325d8e.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a4cadd01f.jpeg

Any 15mm wrench will do. I see a hole, but it doesn't look allen friendly

Velo Vol 08-11-21 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22180909)
Like I wouldn't recognize Minka or the movie.

It was a contest. big john won, you lost.

BillyD 08-11-21 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22180851)
What's sad is that apparently no one else has seen this movie.

... OR, as I've mentioned before, nobody but you gives a hoot.

BillyD 08-11-21 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22180876)
The tropical storm headed this way is named Fred. :)

In honor of Pcad . . . he would have loved it.

indyfabz 08-11-21 09:05 PM

Depressing.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...fcb187275.jpeg

WhyFi 08-11-21 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22180921)
It was a contest. big john won, you lost.

It was? Oh well. I'm more of a Zooey guy, anyway.

genejockey 08-11-21 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22180955)

Dodged that particular bullet. It got up to 80 today here in San Mateo. It was 94 at The Ancestral Home. I escaped just in time.

ls01 08-12-21 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22178900)
I was really close, and the shop offered a discount since the pair in my size was a display set. But, the image of a frying pan hitting me in the head kept surfacing.

At the end of the day, it's probably better that I passed on them since they were white and I'm not that good of a cyclist.

Maybe it's the lack of white shoes holding you back?

indyfabz 08-12-21 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22181002)
Dodged that particular bullet. It got up to 80 today here in San Mateo. It was 94 at The Ancestral Home. I escaped just in time.

It’s been extended through Friday

datlas 08-12-21 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22180955)

Hot. Although Sheena Parveen made it hotter, remember her? Was in Philly for many years then went to DC and now maybe in California??

indyfabz 08-12-21 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22181155)
Hot. Although Sheena Parveen made it hotter, remember her? Was in Philly for many years then went to DC and now maybe in California??

I knew a couple of guys who were obsessed with Sheena. Never got it. At least Cecile rides a bike.

Have you noticed that Eva Pilgrim from Action News has gone national? She has even hosted GMA on the weekends.

datlas 08-12-21 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22181159)
I knew a couple of guys who were obsessed with Sheena. Never got it. At least Cecile rides a bike.

Have you noticed that Eva Pilgrim from Action News has gone national? She has even hosted GMA on the weekends.

One of my cycling buddies had a major crush on Sheena and was rubbing everyone's face in the fact that he moved to DC when she did. Like most of us really care? I don't get that but whatever turns you on.

ls01 08-12-21 06:33 AM

Paid the shipping on the new, replacement hoop yesterday. 15 to 25 days. Been riding my Superteam 50mm with Panaracer raceD evo3 tires on them. They are very close to the gp5000 in rolling resistance, but my butt says they have a better ride. About 200 miles on them so far, pretty satisfied with their performance. Leaves me to wonder if the raceA evo 4s are much better.
. I bought these as a pair for $65.00 in the off season. They are now just as expensive as 5k's. So no real savings but at least there is a good performing alternative.

ls01 08-12-21 06:37 AM

It has been T storming here since around 1am. I have accepted the fact that I will never have grass in the areas that I had the landscaping removed from. I'm not buying any more grass seed.

WhyFi 08-12-21 06:54 AM

Oy. Long day, yesterday, and still feeling wiped out this morning.

We knocked off one of the activities on our family summer list: a visit to a MN Vikings training camp practice. It was a joint practice with the Broncos, so it was fun to see some spirited/chippy drills and Von Miller even came over to the bleachers to lead a "Skol" chant with the crowd.

After that was the group's Wed Night Ride, of course. I wasn't feeling horrible, but I couldn't muster up too much pep. Low Fe day, I suppose. It didn't help that a very strong, occasional guest rider showed up, and set a speedy pace much of the time. I did still take the most coveted town sign from him, though. :p

phrantic09 08-12-21 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22181182)
It has been T storming here since around 1am. I have accepted the fact that I will never have grass in the areas that I had the landscaping removed from. I'm not buying any more grass seed.

go to a landscape supply store and get a bag of hydraulic mulch - if you spread it by hand over the seed and wet it down immediately, it'll hold the seed down almost the same as having it hydroseeded.

rjones28 08-12-21 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22181203)

We knocked off one of the activities on our family summer list: a visit to a MN Vikings training camp practice. It was a joint practice with the Broncos, so it was fun to see some spirited/chippy drills and Von Miller even came over to the bleachers to lead a "Skol" chant with the crowd.

After that was the group's Wed Night Ride, of course. I wasn't feeling horrible, but I couldn't muster up too much pep. Low Fe day, I suppose. It didn't help that a very strong, occasional guest rider showed up, and set a speedy pace much of the time. I did still take the most coveted town sign from him, though. :p

Kudos

Mojo31 08-12-21 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22181104)
Maybe it's the lack of white shoes holding you back?

May have to transition at some point - gray may be the first step.

Mojo31 08-12-21 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22181182)

We have Bermuda grass that typically spreads like crazy, but this year I have two spots in the front where I just cannot get it to cover. Everywhere else is as thick as a lawn can be.

LAJ 08-12-21 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22181203)

Von Miller is a bad ass on and off the field.

WhyFi 08-12-21 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22181249)
Von Miller is a bad ass on and off the field.

Oh, that reminds me - one of the perks of going to the training camp was half-price tickets for the MN/Den preseason game on Sat, so we'll be going to that, too. Not sure how much, if at all, the starters will play with the new 3-game preseason, but it'll be fun, regardless - all of those guys are insane athletes and the stadium is just awesome, too.

ls01 08-12-21 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22181210)
go to a landscape supply store and get a bag of hydraulic mulch - if you spread it by hand over the seed and wet it down immediately, it'll hold the seed down almost the same as having it hydroseeded.

I will concider this if I decide for a 4th attempt. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Weeds are green too.

LAJ 08-12-21 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22181255)
Oh, that reminds me - one of the perks of going to the training camp was half-price tickets for the MN/Den preseason game on Sat, so we'll be going to that, too. Not sure how much, if at all, the starters will play with the new 3-game preseason, but it'll be fun, regardless - all of those guys are insane athletes and the stadium is just awesome, too.

You'll have a good time. Pre Season games are the warm up for the fans too. I'm not sure about restrictions, but these may be the first games without them, so it may be at another level.