Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

noodle soup 04-15-20 12:14 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21419730)
Damn it. Enabler noodle soup passed along the news that Light Bicycle is doing $1 shipping worldwide. I had previously thought about rims from them, but the high shipping charges were a turnoff. Now, though - $330 shipped for a pair of 46mm deep, 28mm wide (21mm internally), 435g carbon rims? Oof. It's tempting to pick up 'em and Johnny Cash some wheels as deal pop up on spokes and hubs.

Damn you and your JC idea. Now I'm thinking about these 280g hoops for $330 a pair

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...6aee30af_o.jpg


datlas 04-15-20 12:34 PM

Does Rapha make masks yet?

rjones28 04-15-20 12:43 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21419678)
rjones28 does your bike store offer athletic masks?

Nope

rjones28 04-15-20 12:44 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21419683)
I thought most had buffs, at the very least.

We have balaclavas, but they don't count.

rjones28 04-15-20 12:49 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21419693)
Need specially designed road cycling masks with a 300% markup.

I got one with a race entry a while ago.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2bbfec9862.jpg

WhyFi 04-15-20 12:51 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21419847)
Does Rapha make masks yet?

I do not have one, so one could safely assume that they don't.

rjones28 04-15-20 12:51 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21419757)
Because everyone and their cousin here seems to be building bicycles and wheels, and I can barely change a tyre.

It's never too late to learn a new skill.

seedsbelize 04-15-20 01:02 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21417863)
In the spirit of the wounded seeds,

55F :rolleyes:

37C, and predicted to approach 45 by week's end

seedsbelize 04-15-20 01:06 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21418175)
You say that, but

1) do probiotic pills even work?
2) do they restore what needs to be restored?

I read, recently, that lentils are one of the best probiotics out there.

seedsbelize 04-15-20 01:09 PM

Another question for the docs. My surgeon told me he would write the prescription for antibiotics for the full six weeks. He wrote it for one week. Does that wound correct? I have no idea how to find him and ask.

MoAlpha 04-15-20 01:13 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21419847)
Does Rapha make masks yet?

If I encounter one more fool in a mask on an empty road I'm going to say something snotty and regret it.

However, here's a video describing an interesting demonstration of why you should wear a mask to protect others. It's from the lab of NIH colleague, Ad Bax, whom you can also look up on Strava.


MoAlpha 04-15-20 01:14 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21419928)
Another question for the docs. My surgeon told me he would write the prescription for antibiotics for the full six weeks. He wrote it for one week. Does that wound correct? I have no idea how to find him and ask.

One week sounds better than six for something that isn't infected.

Trsnrtr 04-15-20 01:20 PM

My wife got home from a lab draw a few minutes ago and I happily told her about our stimulus check and we should figure out what to buy. #excited

She informed me that it's going to be donated to a local food bank. #disappointed

WhyFi 04-15-20 01:23 PM

I'm stimulating my waistline with some clearance Easter chocolates.

BillyD 04-15-20 01:28 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21419668)

I hope he backs it up with some head splitting. Now there's going to be a shortage of nightsticks.

#seriousenforcement

rjones28 04-15-20 01:34 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21419883)
I do not have one, so one could safely assume that they don't.

I saw one made from a Rapha musette on the 'gram.


datlas 04-15-20 01:40 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21419928)
Another question for the docs. My surgeon told me he would write the prescription for antibiotics for the full six weeks. He wrote it for one week. Does that wound correct? I have no idea how to find him and ask.

Six weeks does NOT sound correct. One week is likely plenty. If you washed it out really well and they irrigated it, I wonder if you even need any antibiotics but do advise you follow your doctor's recommendations. For your own sanity, you may want to call and ask for clarification.

datlas 04-15-20 01:41 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21419947)
One week sounds better than six for something that isn't infected.

Correct see above.

datlas 04-15-20 01:42 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21419940)
If I encounter one more fool in a mask on an empty road I'm going to say something snotty and regret it.

However, here's a video describing an interesting demonstration of why you should wear a mask to protect others. It's from the lab of NIH colleague, Ad Bax, whom you can also look up on Strava.

https://youtu.be/qzARpgx8cvE

Yes the mask protects others and NOT the user. But people don't get it.

I heard that a significant percentage of Americans (1/3?) actually believe COVID19 was created in a lab. Sad!

link: https://www.vox.com/covid-19-coronav...y-theory-media

datlas 04-15-20 01:48 PM

Today is National Banana Day. Daughter #1 got into the spirit:


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f6c2b2fdd.jpeg

MoAlpha 04-15-20 01:58 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21419994)
Yes the mask protects others and NOT the user. But people don't get it.

I heard that a significant percentage of Americans (1/3?) actually believe COVID19 was created in a lab. Sad!

link: https://www.vox.com/covid-19-coronav...y-theory-media

I've heard that too. BTW, the creators of the laser video say short people are more likely to be infected than tall people. Duh. I hate being talked down to.

datlas 04-15-20 02:01 PM

I LOVE this mini pump. But I would like it to be about 30-40% shorter so it would fit in my pocket better. Does anyone know of a good super small pump with a flexible hose?


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9f07e118b.jpeg

Velo Vol 04-15-20 02:29 PM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21419790)
But you can wrap your handlebars. :beer:

My shifter covers need replaced, but one of the reasons I've not done it is because I don't want to mess with the handlebar wrap. Sigh.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21419869)
We have balaclavas, but they don't count.

Correct.

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21419910)
37C, and predicted to approach 45 by week's end

Show off.

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21419921)
I read, recently, that lentils are one of the best probiotics out there.

wut

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21420016)
Today is National Banana Day. Daughter #1 got into the spirit:

Same.

Velo Vol 04-15-20 02:30 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21420088)
Same.

By that I mean I ate a banana.

P.S. I didn't know you play the piano.

Velo Vol 04-15-20 02:38 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21419940)
If I encounter one more fool in a mask on an empty road I'm going to say something snotty and regret it.

It's the law in NY!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.