Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Do You Wear Team Logo Apparel? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1247567)

rsbob 02-27-22 09:53 PM

Do You Wear Team Logo Apparel?

Interested in seeing peoples’ thoughts

blue192 02-27-22 10:02 PM

I only wear generic cycling clothing when out for a ride.

Arrowana 02-27-22 10:14 PM

I actively avoid or remove logos.

caloso 02-27-22 10:18 PM

I have a handful of souvenir jerseys but 90% of the time, I’m wearing my team kit. We use Castelli so it’s good stuff.

seypat 02-27-22 10:23 PM

No. I won't be mistaken for a pro no matter what I'm wearing or riding. :D

MarcusT 02-27-22 11:11 PM

Unless they sponsor me, no. Of course, I cannot help if Nike, Solomon, or others have their logo on their clothing.
For those that wear the jersey and shorts filled with logos; we can tell if you're a pro or not

caloso 02-27-22 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by MarcusT (Post 22423587)
Unless they sponsor me, no. Of course, I cannot help if Nike, Solomon, or others have their logo on their clothing.
For those that wear the jersey and shorts filled with logos; we can tell if you're a pro or not

You know that most racing teams are amateur, right?

veganbikes 02-27-22 11:45 PM

On occasion I do but I don't mind if it is a product I use and love and is decent. I can see the reason for not doing it but one of my best fitting jerseys is for an American company that makes quality products.

MarcusT 02-27-22 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by caloso (Post 22423608)

Yes, and many have sponsors. I'm talking about logos like Specialized, Trek, Shimano, etc. Apologies, if I misread the post
I was on a cycling team and never ever did we wear the team jersey on training rides, but this was in the days of one jersey per member, and the sponsors were the butcher and the bike store

caloso 02-28-22 12:07 AM

I’d love it if we were sponsored by a butcher. Our sponsors include a bike shop, dentist, mortgage broker, and redistricting data analytics firm (it’s a political town). I try to give them as much exposure as I can. They make it possible for us to put on our races each year.

tempocyclist 02-28-22 12:13 AM

If by logo'd you mean the manufacturer, it's pretty hard to buy any kit that hasn't got a logo on it of the company who made it.

I've got a bunch of kit from different manufacturers, all I'm guessing have the logo on there somewhere. I prefer it to be a little discreet, not a massive CASTELLI across the back or whatever.

If you mean pro team kit, well that's an entirely different question.

Nozipho 02-28-22 02:09 AM

Sometimes, but not intentionally. Like wear whatever is available:)

downhillmaster 02-28-22 04:00 AM

Another boring poll with vague parameters and personal undertones. Yay :rolleyes:

indyfabz 02-28-22 06:17 AM

I never have, but that doesn’t mean I won’t ever.

Herzlos 02-28-22 07:00 AM

I tend to wear whatever I get a good deal on. As long as I'm visible and comfortable then I don't really mind what my gear says.

JohnDThompson 02-28-22 07:10 AM

I sometimes wear used jerseys from obscure amateur teams because you can buy hem cheap.

jack pot 02-28-22 07:21 AM

where i am it boils down to , wear Bicyclist logo'd stuff and you look like you are a TDF wannabe or, wear a NFL or NBA jersey and you fit right in :)

alcjphil 02-28-22 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by caloso (Post 22423608)

That doesn't mean that those teams don't have sponsors. I still wear the team kit I bought from the amateur team I used race for and it is covered with logos from the companies that support the team

livedarklions 02-28-22 07:53 AM

I wear Swiss Navy admiral's uniform.

It can also be used as a tent, and has a corkscrew attachment.

pdlamb 02-28-22 08:07 AM

Was it on sale when I (you) needed it?

burnthesheep 02-28-22 08:18 AM

Our local team's jersey for a few years has been a bit less logo filled as a few of the sponsors were team members that were a bit more generous in covering costs.

Our local team policy is you wear for races and do your best on wearing it to group rides the team hosts or other larger local group rides. If you're in your pain cave or out on a solo ride around town, totally up to you. As not everyone can afford to buy yearly "extras" so you can wear team kit on every solo ride also.

My go-to solo ride kit is often the pro team kit for the company I work for. We sponsor the pro team and get free or really good discounts on the gear and wear it for company sponsored or promoted events.

One way or another, this topic is always so silly to the point we got the Road.cc meme of "oh look, it's a full Cav kit wan....oh wait, it IS Cav himself". The presumptive judgment and near hatred is so bad folks nearly give pros themselves crap for it.

I like seeing people happy on bikes. If it makes you happy and doesn't physically hurt or endanger another, go be happy. It's a really undesirable personality trait to need to feel over others by putting them down because they don't conform to your vision for them. Be it team kit wearers, folks spending mammoth money on indoor pain caves, beginners buying $10k bikes, or what have you. I'd rather have a beer after the ride with the fun loving Fred in team kit and riding too much bike than with some uptight turd who thinks they know best for everyone else. I've not always been like that, it took some personal growth. But now I realize what's important.

mstateglfr 02-28-22 08:31 AM

I do not wear jerseys with team logos if I do not belong to that team.
I do not wear jerseys where the jersey brand is a huge sublimation across the jersey.

The one team/group I do belong to has a jersey style that I do not love, so I wear that pretty rarely.

If I did wear team jerseys, it would be the Rapha L39ion gear. That stuff is in the performance cut though and out of an abundance of reality, I am a 'classic cut' cyclist.

Troul 02-28-22 08:34 AM

if i like the look & it fits to my pref, I'll likely roll it.

10 Wheels 02-28-22 08:41 AM

Me and My Mechanic
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ee41ee6176.jpg

10 Wheels 02-28-22 08:42 AM

Me and My Mechanic
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ee41ee6176.jpg