Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

datlas 01-26-22 12:25 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22387792)

Only 235K miles? Thatís middle aged for a Saturn. Too bad itís not a stick.

LesterOfPuppets 01-26-22 12:35 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22387957)
That, and a Lucas electical system.

When I owned my MGB, I used to joke that everyone was so excited about those new-fangled intermittent wipers, but I had intermittent lights!

Yeah Dad's ol' Lotus Europa had Lucas electrical stuff, and something was always on the fritz. And it had that sweet Renault engine!

ls01 01-26-22 12:37 PM

Since I repaired-ish the Avalanche I kinda have the bug to build another engine for the firebird. I was thinking a 6 litre with a nice thumpy cam, ported 799 or 243 heads. Maybe another Camaro?...I have lots of parts laying around still....

Velo Vol 01-26-22 12:39 PM

Once again, I regret bringing up autos.

When will I learn?

genejockey 01-26-22 12:43 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22388004)
Once again, I regret bringing up autos.

When will I learn?

Hard to imagine that bunch of guys who are really into wheeled conveyances of one sort might be really into wheeled conveyances of another.

genejockey 01-26-22 12:45 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22388000)
Since I repaired-ish the Avalanche I kinda have the bug to build another engine for the firebird. I was thinking a 6 litre with a nice thumpy cam, ported 799 or 243 heads. Maybe another Camaro?...I have lots of parts laying around still....

There was a comedian, years ago, who did a bit on the Plymouth Super Bird he used to have. He was talking about the sound at idle - *lumlumlumlumlumlumlumlum* "Remember when that used to be a HEALTHY sound?"

genejockey 01-26-22 12:47 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22387994)
Yeah Dad's ol' Lotus Europa had Lucas electrical stuff, and something was always on the fritz. And it had that sweet Renault engine!

An English car with a French engine? What's not to like? :roflmao2:

Mojo31 01-26-22 12:48 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22387957)
That, and a Lucas electical system.

When I owned my MGB, I used to joke that everyone was so excited about those new-fangled intermittent wipers, but I had intermittent everything!

Fixed.

Mojo31 01-26-22 01:02 PM

Finally some good friggin news on the Covid front:

According to the Brits, people who drink between 5 and 14 glasses of wine or liquor ("units") per week were 10-17% less likely to get Covid compared to those who drank more or less.

However, beer and cider actually increase your chances of getting the Cov by as much as 28%.

Study shows relationship between drinking wine and contracting COVID-19 (msn.com)

Pretty excited about that news as I can definitely stay within the sweet spot.

genejockey 01-26-22 01:10 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22388032)
Finally some good friggin news on the Covid front:

According to the Brits, people who drink between 5 and 14 glasses of wine or liquor ("units") per week were 10-17% less likely to get Covid compared to those who drank more or less.

However, beer and cider actually increase your chances of getting the Cov by as much as 28%.

Study shows relationship between drinking wine and contracting COVID-19 (msn.com)

Pretty excited about that news as I can definitely stay within the sweet spot.

So, I guess that guy in "Tubthumping" who "... drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink, he drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink" ended up in the middle of the range.

genejockey 01-26-22 01:11 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22388018)
Fixed.

It really is amazing what I put up with in a car 40 years ago.

rjones28 01-26-22 01:23 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22388004)
Once again, I regret bringing up autos.

When will I learn?


indyfabz 01-26-22 01:56 PM

Wordle 221 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I feel like I got some help from LAJ

Mojo31 01-26-22 01:59 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22388114)
Wordle 221 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I feel like I got some help from LAJ


Velo Vol 01-26-22 02:34 PM

Yesterday in band we played this and it occurred to me that I've never seen Moana. Am I missing out?


LAJ 01-26-22 02:45 PM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3f5d497809.jpg

WhyFi 01-26-22 02:49 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22388152)
Yesterday in band we played this and it occurred to me that I've never seen Moana. Am I missing out?

Some bits were a little intense for my 5-year-old daughter. You might want to have adult accompany you.

Trsnrtr 01-26-22 03:18 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22387957)
That, and a Lucas electical system.

When I owned my MGB, I used to joke that everyone was so excited about those new-fangled intermittent wipers, but I had intermittent lights!

I had a Midget and carried steel wool and emery cloth to clean the light connectors. I also carried a small screw drivers to adjust the SU carbs and a large screw driver to pry the front calipers apart when they got stuck. :)

Velo Vol 01-26-22 03:19 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22388165)

Are there people in these cars?

big john 01-26-22 03:44 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22388000)
Since I repaired-ish the Avalanche I kinda have the bug to build another engine for the firebird. I was thinking a 6 litre with a nice thumpy cam, ported 799 or 243 heads. Maybe another Camaro?...I have lots of parts laying around still....

A couple weeks ago I put a cam actuator solenoid in the Trailblazer. Took about 15 or 20 minutes at a casual pace. It was the first time I worked on a car in more than 2 years. It was enough for now.

ls01 01-26-22 03:46 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22388013)
There was a comedian, years ago, who did a bit on the Plymouth Super Bird he used to have. He was talking about the sound at idle - *lumlumlumlumlumlumlumlum* "Remember when that used to be a HEALTHY sound?"

Remember?....I dream of it! It never fails. Once I have had a go at one of my cars. A repair, anything beyond maintenance. It's go time! I can't leave it alone. But Then again ,after that, I'm always listening, checking, diagnosing etc. It's rare that I have a car to just drive.

ls01 01-26-22 03:51 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22388249)
A couple weeks ago I put a cam actuator solenoid in the Trailblazer. Took about 15 or 20 minutes at a casual pace. It was the first time I worked on a car in more than 2 years. It was enough for now.

so, you still got it then....

Eric F 01-26-22 03:54 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22388249)
A couple weeks ago I put a cam actuator solenoid in the Trailblazer. Took about 15 or 20 minutes at a casual pace. It was the first time I worked on a car in more than 2 years. It was enough for now.

I enjoyed working on cars back in the days when you could drop wrench in the engine bay, and it would fall to the ground.

big john 01-26-22 04:00 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22388259)
so, you still got it then....

Guess so. I'm going to the old shop this Friday to see another guy who retired before I did and some of the guys are taking us to lunch. I could try to diagnose a few problem cars while I'm there as a test.

big john 01-26-22 04:03 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22388265)
I enjoyed working on cars back in the days when you could drop wrench in the engine bay, and it would fall to the ground.

If you want to ruin a fun hobby just make it your career.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.