Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

MoAlpha 02-01-22 05:55 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22395505)
The NYT bought Wordle. I see a subscription thing in the future.

Good for whoever wrote it. Pretty trivial little game. I think the whole attraction is the ASCII pattern you can post as text.

Eric F 02-01-22 06:11 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22395529)
Discussing weight without accompanying height is pointless. I can't tell whether VeloVol is obese or gaunt at 155.

Valid. I'm not over-weight. I'm under-tall.

gnome 02-01-22 06:17 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22395214)
HAH! I actually blow a good deal of money on food and at my local bar.

That's doing it right. :thumb:

gnome 02-01-22 06:18 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22395553)
Valid. I'm not over-weight. I'm under-tall.

I resemble that remark.

genejockey 02-01-22 06:21 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22395553)
Valid. I'm not over-weight. I'm under-tall.

One of my coworkers is disgusted with himself that he's up to 140. I'm happy to have been around 200 all year. But then I'm a whole head taller.

big john 02-01-22 06:22 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22395529)
Discussing weight without accompanying height is pointless. I can't tell whether VeloVol is obese or gaunt at 155.


DougRNS 02-01-22 08:13 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22395497)
I'd say 150, if active. I was down to 140 once upon a time, but that's when the disease was quite active. Not ideal.

I've been taking it every day for about ten years.

What you need is some good rock and roll to get you motivated.

seedsbelize2 02-01-22 08:32 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22395529)
Discussing weight without accompanying height is pointless. I can't tell whether VeloVol is obese or gaunt at 155.

It came up in the frame size discussion recently.
TTKU

genejockey 02-01-22 08:36 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22395692)
It came up in the frame size discussion recently.
TTKU

Wait, I'm supposed to REMEMBER this s**t?

LesterOfPuppets 02-01-22 08:41 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22395013)
I have a buddy who buys parts and puts them in the back seat of his truck. One time he had 4 or more projects in the back. Some stearing components, brakes etc. Asked him what that was all about and without missing a beat he said" they're acclimating" some had been acclimating for a year or more. I still use that one now and then.

I've had an engine mount, tranny mount, and a swaybar link acclimating to the environs of minivan #1 for a couple of months. The clunking has been bad enough I'd wanted to install those for a while now. I was all geared up to handle it Monday but over the weekend I caught a little whiff of coolant both days. Monday I finally caught it wizzing coolant out of the hose that feeds the oil cooler that the oil filter screws into. A couple feet of hose from AutoZone and some quality time with pliers and screwdrivers, and she's good - no runs no drips no errors!

Anyways, I got the day off tomorrow so I might finally be crawling under there to get those mounts in there.
​​​​

Trsnrtr 02-01-22 09:03 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22395446)
There's gotta be another way, man. Sounds like my wife's quandary. She's got glaucoma with declining vision, and one day she'll surely be legally blind. Years ago one doctor did a surgical procedure on one eye which was supposed to help but it just made things worse. Now a different doctor wants to do the same procedure on the other eye, but she's not having that nonsense. So it's just several eye drops 3 times a day for as long as they hold the glaucoma at bay, until the day they don't.

Sorry for your wife. I admit to being a little depressed this afternoon. I canít see much with my bad eye and sometimes I just want to tell the doc that I donít want the eye injections anymore. I feel that heís only prolonging the inevitable.

Velo Vol 02-01-22 09:08 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22395672)
What you need is some good rock and roll to get you motivated.
https://youtu.be/lvEmzBYa2j4

I don't need that.

Velo Vol 02-01-22 09:16 PM

For some reason we played this in band tonight. :foo:


LesterOfPuppets 02-01-22 09:32 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22395746)
For some reason we played this in band tonight. :foo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mM5k7qkJgk

You guys don't know any songs about snow?


Velo Vol 02-01-22 09:43 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22395761)
You guys don't know any songs about snow?

We played them in December.

LesterOfPuppets 02-01-22 10:11 PM

Streetcar of the day.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php/?fbid=1139146893501693

Velo Vol 02-01-22 10:11 PM

wut


Velo Vol 02-01-22 10:16 PM

Tough night for #3


phrantic09 02-02-22 05:36 AM

Wordle 228 5/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

no bueno

datlas 02-02-22 06:27 AM

It's cold and foggy and the weather service just issued a warning about ice.

Today's ride is cancelled to be on the safe side.

Phooey.

MoAlpha 02-02-22 06:27 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22395446)
There's gotta be another way, man. Sounds like my wife's quandary. She's got glaucoma with declining vision, and one day she'll surely be legally blind. Years ago one doctor did a surgical procedure on one eye which was supposed to help but it just made things worse. Now a different doctor wants to do the same procedure on the other eye, but she's not having that nonsense. So it's just several eye drops 3 times a day for as long as they hold the glaucoma at bay, until the day they don't.


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22395729)
Sorry for your wife. I admit to being a little depressed this afternoon. I canít see much with my bad eye and sometimes I just want to tell the doc that I donít want the eye injections anymore. I feel that heís only prolonging the inevitable.

Sorry for everyone! Ophthalmologists are great and all, but I think theyíre some of the most aggressive surgeons out there.

MoAlpha 02-02-22 06:39 AM

Wordle 228 3/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 02-02-22 06:45 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22395761)
You guys don't know any songs about snow?

We're in snow "school" at there moment. We have 7" so far (as of 6AM) and it's a blizzard out. Should be over 12" before it quits.

Trsnrtr 02-02-22 06:49 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22395936)
Wordle 228 5/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

no bueno

Wordle 228 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bike content: Trainer is in my future.

indyfabz 02-02-22 07:09 AM

lplo


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:38 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.