Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

WhyFi 01-08-22 12:56 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22366295)
My wife now insists that I just consider replacing the R3 and keep the gravel bike, but to also make sure whatever I get has electronic shifting. She’s steering me down a dark path toward the Caledonia5

Don't trade-in or do the over-the-air firmware update for that wife.

phrantic09 01-08-22 01:04 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22366334)
Don't trade-in or do the over-the-air firmware update for that wife.

She’s a good egg.Although to be honest, when I ride a bike without electronic shifting the only thing I miss is how easy it is to flip through Garmin screens…

rjones28 01-08-22 01:05 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22366298)
Single-digit temperatures and a blanket of snow (sure it's only a few inches...). Finally feels like winter.

There were people ice fishing on the North end of Cazenovia lake this morning.

Trsnrtr 01-08-22 01:10 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22366266)
sounds too dark and war movies are not something I would put her through. It's the women's equivalent to a chick flick. Is Owen Wilson the guy from Marley and me - the dog movie? If so, not a fan.

I'd say not a good flic for most wives. I'm also not a fan of Owen Wilson but this is waaay out of his lane.

Trsnrtr 01-08-22 01:15 PM

My fake ride (FulGaz) today took me up Hidden Valley near the Santa Monica mountains. Had a female riding partner in the video with a kit that said, "LadyFace" on the side panel. Throwing that in for the Hidden Valley locals.

phrantic09 01-08-22 01:15 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22366345)
There were people ice fishing on the North end of Cazenovia lake this morning.

How much snow did you all get? We got like 2 inches.

Mojo31 01-08-22 01:26 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22366343)
She’s a good egg.Although to be honest, when I ride a bike without electronic shifting the only thing I miss is how easy it is to flip through Garmin screens…

She wants something.

Whenever I want something, I have budget double just to account for the quid pro quo.

phrantic09 01-08-22 01:31 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22366364)
She wants something.

Whenever I want something, I have budget double just to account for the quid pro quo.

I don’t think she does, she just wants me to be able to ride the bike I want to ride.

Mojo31 01-08-22 01:40 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22366372)
I don’t think she does, she just wants me to be able to ride the bike I want to ride.

Keep telling yourself that. 😜

Velo Vol 01-08-22 02:08 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22366079)
Sounds like a MotD material - overlay of Panera locations and needle drug use. Get on it, Velo Vol

Panera is a gateway drug?

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22366138)
Oh puleeze, that's from the last century isn't it?

So? He said he hasn't seen it.

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22366192)
Behind Enemy Lines is a dark movie during dark times. I’ve watched it three times.

Oh, I watched this recently. Parts of it are OK, but that ending, especially, made me dumber for having seen it.

Trsnrtr 01-08-22 02:11 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22366401)
Panera is a gateway drug?

So? He said he hasn't seen it.

Oh, I watched this recently. Parts of it are OK, but that ending, especially, made me dumber for having seen it.

I agree about the ending. It’s the worst part of the whole movie.

MoAlpha 01-08-22 02:17 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22366075)
For many Americans, this is the PATH to needle drugs. (you still have to inject insulin, right?)

Type II is insulin resistant.

#internetpedant

MoAlpha 01-08-22 02:21 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22366083)
Side query -

What's the bigger health problem in the US: obesity or illicit needle drugs?

Bad eating has greater economic benefits, so drug addiction.

Velo Vol 01-08-22 02:26 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22366223)
It melted the snow from the SportWagen.


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6dc3f9d8d4.png

ancient times - 2022

RIP

Ironic that it died just as the James Webb Space Telescope stretched out its sun shield. All that work for nothing. It can now point its infrared receiver directly at the dead sun, and it will only get a weak dot on the screen.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d734176e2d.jpg

rjones28 01-08-22 02:29 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22366354)
How much snow did you all get? We got like 2 inches.

Enough to completely cover the grass. So, three or four inches.

seedsbelize2 01-08-22 02:37 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22365968)
Too icy outside to ride. Stupid winter.

You know, when I lived in the temperate zone, it never occurred to me to ride in the wintertime. I got my 5000 miles in during the warm weather and rested on my laurels during the winter. I had a Nordic Track for aerobic exercise.

seedsbelize2 01-08-22 02:42 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22366372)
I don’t think she does, she just wants me to be able to ride the bike I want to ride.

My wife is the same. She has not once suggested I have too many bikes She watches me ride them all and that's good enough for her.

genejockey 01-08-22 02:45 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22366444)
My wife is the same. She has not once suggested I have too many bikes She watches me ride them all and that's good enough for her. We are admittedly an odd couple, made up of two odd singles.

Our joke is that it's a good thing we ended up together, or we'd be making two other people miserable.

Then I realized - The Boys! Mrs. GJ and I get to be together AND make two other people miserable!

gnome 01-08-22 02:48 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22366025)

that's the English reciepe. slightly different to ours. And that heathen is spreading it on bare toast. If you are having it on toast at least put butter on first. It works well as a sandwich filling with cheese.

genejockey 01-08-22 02:49 PM

Did the monthly C&V ride this morning. "'Sup Larry" showed up, and was going to ride with us, but that big ride of fast guys flew past before we started and went off in hot pursuit. He's a big friendly guy. Reminds me of big goofy dog, like a Golden.

Anyhow, it was a nice ride, but I cut it a bit short so as not to spend all day at it. One of the other guys correctly guessed that I was hoping the new seatpost for the Litespeed would have arrived. But no....

BillyD 01-08-22 03:16 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22366418)
Bad eating has greater economic benefits, so drug addiction.

Bad eating benefits the white collar criminals whereas drug addiction benefits the blue collar ones.

genejockey 01-08-22 03:21 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22366496)
Bad eating benefits the white collar criminals whereas drug addiction benefits the blue collar ones.

I think opioids may have changed the latter.

datlas 01-08-22 03:40 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22366425)
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6dc3f9d8d4.png

ancient times - 2022

RIP

Ironic that it died just as the James Webb Space Telescope stretched out its sun shield. All that work for nothing. It can now point its infrared receiver directly at the dead sun, and it will only get a weak dot on the screen.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d734176e2d.jpg



There has to be an invisible sun, that gives us hope when the whole day’s done.


genejockey 01-08-22 03:42 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22366519)
There has to be an invisible sun, that gives us hope when the whole day’s done.

https://youtu.be/1VuDjJ9KIxM

It's dark all day and it glows all night.

phrantic09 01-08-22 04:08 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22366379)
Keep telling yourself that. 😜

hah!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.