Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

bampilot06 01-09-22 01:27 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22367297)
H
And too stiff to ride, in my experience.



Nobody is perfect.

Bah Humbug 01-09-22 01:29 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22367267)
Same thing happened to another youngish guy I know, but he was an idiot and British and rode himself down to a state of emaciation, in which his bones were probably embrittled.

I am from old (old) dairy farming stock and went through a gallon of milk a day for my adolescence. My bones should be as stout as stout gets.

Bah Humbug 01-09-22 01:31 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22367233)
They were going to turn me loose on Tuesday after checking in (?) Sunday night. Unfortunately, as I was on the walker Tuesday morning, heading to head, I fainted. That kept me in an extra day. I was already off the Dilaudid IV, which was key.

I'm not sure you adductor will ever be 100%. It's weird, as even now, I struggle to tie my left shoe whilst sitting down. I blame it on age, as it gets better every year. The walking thing will just happen. One day, I realized I wasn't walking without a limp. Same with running. It'll come back, even though it's not at all important to me, but your case is certainly much different.

The shower seat we got was magic. Even now, I wish I were still using it.

Not 100% but able to run sounds weird?

MoAlpha 01-09-22 01:32 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22367299)
I am from old (old) dairy farming stock and went through a gallon of milk a day for my adolescence. My bones should be as stout as stout gets.

I think dietary intake is a necessary, but insufficient, factor in stout bones.

bampilot06 01-09-22 01:34 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22367302)
I think dietary intake is a necessary, but insufficient, factor in stout bones.


does drinking stouts help form stout bones?

Koyote 01-09-22 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22367289)
Yeah, I am a big believer in shock loading too, as in running down stairs. I don't think I have much of a genetic predisposition, but I weigh 140 lbs and tend sit around on my ass when I'm not on the bike, so I'm a set up. Gotta start the squats again, like coach @LAJ keeps telling me too.

Yeah, I had laid off the squats because I assumed that it put to much stress on my old knees...But last week a personal trainer told me not to worry about it and to start doing them again. Damn her.

MoAlpha 01-09-22 01:39 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22367303)
does drinking stouts help form stout bones?

Has to!

Bah Humbug 01-09-22 01:55 PM

Life could be worse.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c6f8528791.jpg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...32288f3438.jpg

Bah Humbug 01-09-22 02:11 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22367303)
does drinking stouts help form stout bones?

Does it matter if it's a milk stout?

Bah Humbug 01-09-22 02:16 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22367240)
I'm on the Brave browser. They tell me cookies are effectively blocked. Or rather that the digital me never appears the same, visit to visit. I just logged in again, btw. On another site I used to frequent, I had to verify my device each and every time I logged in. That right there is the reason I no longer go there.

Without cookies, the site has no way to know who you are after the session is closed. It does not know you validated yourself to a username, nor that you accepted the TOS. Therefor upon returning you are immediately required to go through the process. This is what you want when you want no cookies...

DougRNS 01-09-22 02:23 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22367318)

that's the spirit. Welcome back.

DougRNS 01-09-22 02:25 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22367350)
that's the spirit. Welcome back.

reminds me of this.

Bah Humbug 01-09-22 02:32 PM

The in-laws look at real estate every time we come here. Maybe one of these times.

LAJ 01-09-22 03:09 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22367242)
I was in seven days for my re-attached finger.

I guess I won't be chopping any of my fingers off. 2+ days in the hospitals is bad enough.

big john 01-09-22 03:09 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22367362)
The in-laws look at real estate every time we come here. Maybe one of these times.

Where?

LAJ 01-09-22 03:15 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22367289)
Yeah, I am a big believer in shock loading too, as in running down stairs. I don't think I have much of a genetic predisposition, but I weigh 140 lbs and tend sit around on my ass when I'm not on the bike, so I'm a set up. Gotta start the squats again, like coach @LAJ keeps telling me too.

Yes. Even through racing season I'm doing 15-20 reps. Body weight-ish, but the maintenance helps. FWIW, we're getting heavy now, and it will continue through January. It'll start tapering a bit in February because the season starts in March.

LAJ 01-09-22 03:19 PM


Originally Posted by Koyote (Post 22367306)
Yeah, I had laid off the squats because I assumed that it put to much stress on my old knees...But last week a personal trainer told me not to worry about it and to start doing them again. Damn her.

Of course, I'm no Doctor, but your knees will be the last thing that you'll mess with when you do squats. I'm sure you know... If your form is proper, squats are the best thing you can do because it works a whack of stuff in the old bad. Dead lift is decent as an accompaniment. If you get to the point where form breaks down, back off on the weight until you regain it. Grinding is bad.

LAJ 01-09-22 03:22 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22367301)
Not 100% but able to run sounds weird?

I'm not sure what you're saying, but I don't like to run, though I can. My adductor is still tight on that side, but it functions pretty well. When I lean over to tie my shoe, my leg/knee kicks out. Not like it did at the start, but it still does a bit.

Velo Vol 01-09-22 03:22 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22367267)
Same thing happened to another youngish guy I know, but he was an idiot and British and rode himself down to a state of emaciation, in which his bones were probably embrittled.

Relevant?

BillyD 01-09-22 03:22 PM


Originally Posted by Koyote (Post 22367282)
At my age, I've decided to replace a bit of my cycling with some weighlifting in order to maintain bone density.

Highly recommended for all cyclists.

LAJ 01-09-22 03:23 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22367412)
Relevant?

Very

Velo Vol 01-09-22 03:26 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22367318)

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...33b2bd1aad.png

WhyFi 01-09-22 03:53 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22367340)
Without cookies, the site has no way to know who you are after the session is closed. It does not know you validated yourself to a username, nor that you accepted the TOS. Therefor upon returning you are immediately required to go through the process. This is what you want when you want no cookies...

Okay - now solve the LPLO. :D

Latest development: I've found that LPLO can be worked around by switching between mobile and desktop modes. Get an LPLO on desktop, switch your browser to the mobile version, click on the last page and it'll happily take you there. Upon switching back to desktop mode, the page will remain unlocked, whether or not you've posted. The reverse works if you experience the rare mobile LPLO on the phone, too.

genejockey 01-09-22 03:58 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22367303)
does drinking stouts help form stout bones?

Maybe drinking stout forms milk bones?

big john 01-09-22 04:00 PM

Nice here today. Pic taken by a friend from the opposite side of the valley from me.
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...1Q&oe=61E11328


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.