Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How fer did you ride today?! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1081695)

rsbob 07-26-22 05:18 PM

Not where I live, a comfy 75*.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0a91026ee.jpeg

kahn 07-26-22 05:32 PM


Originally Posted by SpeedyBlueBiker (Post 22588621)
I went out along the Sammamish River Trail between Redmond and Sheridan Beach. Total was 35 miles. I finished around 12:30pm and it was 90F which is hot for the greater Seattle area.

One pretty accurate thermometer shows a toasty 93F. I was just out sitting in the yard and decided it was too hot - now I know why. We've got a few more days of this HOPEFULLY!

Jedneck 07-27-22 03:25 PM

86 miles with 8100ft of gain. 7322ft to go till 60000ft for month

rsbob 07-27-22 05:39 PM

HRM to the Rescue
 
26 miles ending at noon and 86*. Was happy I was wearing a HRM today, since I am not used to the heat and humidity. I did a 5 mile very shaded run at about 80%/20 MPH just for fun and the breeze felt great. When heading home my head felt a bit weird and noticed the BPMs were at 170, but I wasnt putting out that much effort. I slowed to 15-16 and started pounding the water and the strange feeling slowly went away. With no HRM I probably would have continued at 18-19 until who know what happened.

Troul 07-28-22 07:18 AM

33 miles. moiiist start.

rsbob 07-28-22 08:36 PM

25 flat ones after a 2.5 mile dog walk. Finished at noon before the heat started ramping up. Kept the pace down and drank like crazy and felt quite good.

SpeedyBlueBiker 07-28-22 09:38 PM

A big fat ZERO! However, I did volunteer at the RAMROD (Ride Around Mt. Rainier in One Day) which is a one day, 152 mile ride with approximately 10,000ft of climbing. A very hot day with temps in the mid 90's.

kahn 07-29-22 11:17 AM


Originally Posted by SpeedyBlueBiker (Post 22591308)
A big fat ZERO! However, I did volunteer at the RAMROD (Ride Around Mt. Rainier in One Day) which is a one day, 152 mile ride with approximately 10,000ft of climbing. A very hot day with temps in the mid 90's.

Oh, the good ol' pacific northWET. The year I did NOT do RAMROD people were escorted off the course due to HYPO-thermia and cold and wet. My friend and I knew we could not manage it without sag support so just bailed.

kahn 07-29-22 11:22 AM

Yesterday's 20 miler was interrupted at about the halfway point by a ting/ping sound which recollections reminded me of a twanging wheel with a broken spoke. Sure enough, dismounted at just the right rotation to see a dangling partial spoke. Took it slow for the ten miles home before 9:30am to beat our now more than nuisance heat. Helped open the bike shop at 10am. Spoke is being replaced as well as its adjacent slightly bent neighbor. Rotors, too, as long as it is in for work.

delbiker1 07-29-22 11:31 AM

This morning was a quick 20 miles to get me to 800 for the month. I rode my Lemond Tourmalet, which I had not been on in at least a month. I am now at 3100 ytd., so I have caught up on being way behind on May 1. I have been pushing it a bit and have felt it the past couple of days. The heat gets to me, even riding early morning. I have bodily system issues that make it hard for me to keep hydrated. When I feel like I did this morning, it is time to drop off on the miles and time on the bikes. So, I am taking the next two days off the wheels and transitioning to home chores to keep me occupied. Hopefully, lots of fluids and electrolytes and I will be good to go.

diphthong 07-29-22 12:22 PM

21-spot

andrewclaus 07-29-22 02:13 PM

42 miles and 3,400' of climbing on the Lariat Loop from Golden to Evergreen via Red Rocks Park. It was a perfect morning for cycling in the Front Range, temps in the 60s and 70s, little wind. I was smiling the whole way and maybe that's infectious. Everyone seemed in a good mood, even the motorists.

Troul 07-29-22 04:54 PM

122 Miles. Almost got sacked by a bag of trash falling out the back of a garbage truck.


Originally Posted by kahn (Post 22591824)
Yesterday's 20 miler was interrupted at about the halfway point by a ting/ping sound which recollections reminded me of a twanging wheel with a broken spoke. Sure enough, dismounted at just the right rotation to see a dangling partial spoke. Took it slow for the ten miles home before 9:30am to beat our now more than nuisance heat. Helped open the bike shop at 10am. Spoke is being replaced as well as its adjacent slightly bent neighbor. Rotors, too, as long as it is in for work.

Was the broken spoke a result from blasting up & through the elevated terrain?

kahn 07-29-22 07:00 PM


Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22592214)
122 Miles. Almost got sacked by a bag of trash falling out the back of a garbage truck.


Was the broken spoke a result from blasting up & through the elevated terrain?

If by elevated terrain, you are referring to my weight, then quite probably! :(

diphthong 07-29-22 07:28 PM

42-spot

Jedneck 07-29-22 07:50 PM

32 miles and 2100 ft. 5000ft to get to 60000 for month.

Troul 07-29-22 08:33 PM


Originally Posted by kahn (Post 22592334)
If by elevated terrain, you are referring to my weight, then quite probably! :(

lol we're all in that sinking boat.

rsbob 07-29-22 08:38 PM

Zwifted France 48 miles, 1800’ climb at 162 Watts ave. Legs totally shot and sits bones unhappy. Taking a day or two off.

rsbob 07-29-22 08:47 PM


Originally Posted by SpeedyBlueBiker (Post 22591308)
A big fat ZERO! However, I did volunteer at the RAMROD (Ride Around Mt. Rainier in One Day) which is a one day, 152 mile ride with approximately 10,000ft of climbing. A very hot day with temps in the mid 90's.

Thank you for volunteering. With temps so high, there inevitably will be riders with heat stroke since they tend to push it and go for the fastest time. Cramping will be a big problem too with the amount of sweat. Hope everyone is safe and there are no big issues.

SpeedyBlueBiker 07-29-22 10:28 PM


Originally Posted by rsbob (Post 22592407)
Thank you for volunteering. With temps so high, there inevitably will be riders with heat stroke since they tend to push it and go for the fastest time. Cramping will be a big problem too with the amount of sweat. Hope everyone is safe and there are no big issues.

Yes, I think most people are suffering from the heat to some degree.

Troul 07-30-22 11:41 AM

75 miles cutting through some fog before the clouds blew out. Temps were favorable even though it was mid 50s in the beginning. 72F at the end.
fired up the grill for some meat sweats at dinner time.

rsbob 07-30-22 12:20 PM


Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22592933)
75 miles cutting through some fog before the clouds blew out. Temps were favorable even though it was mid 50s in the beginning. 72F at the end.
fired up the grill for some meat sweats at dinner time.

Envy. I could go for some fog rather than smog

shapiroeric 07-30-22 01:29 PM

Just shy of 49 miles and 3900 ft. Up and down Soapstone Mt in CT
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bcc3c7b17.jpeg

The Chemist 07-30-22 04:29 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1dc931d852.jpg

A wet one today! Rode through two separate periods of drenching rain, the second one lasting almost an hour. Still lots of fun, and nice to not have to deal with oppressive heat / humidity / blazing sun.

rsbob 07-30-22 04:40 PM

Zero, zilch, nada, goose egg. Legs and butt are still smoked from yesterday.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.