Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

WhyFi 11-18-21 12:40 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22312274)
Where at? Florida?

Two blocks away from me.

rjones28 11-18-21 12:41 PM

It's currently raining. Nothing is frozen yet. The ground is still soft.

ls01 11-18-21 12:44 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22312264)
I don't know if it's a Polar Bear Club or if they're just crazy.

Both.

Velo Vol 11-18-21 12:48 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22312279)
Two blocks away from me.

I can kind of see someone doing a once-a-year thing as a freak show. I'd never do it, but whatever.

But anyone north of Florida who routinely swims in the winter has issues.

Velo Vol 11-18-21 12:50 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22312282)
It's currently raining. Nothing is frozen yet. The ground is still soft.

Does Cazenovia Lake count as a Finger Lake?

Discuss.

WhyFi 11-18-21 12:50 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22312289)
I can kind of see someone doing a once-a-year thing as a freak show. I'd never do it, but whatever.

But anyone north of Florida who routinely swims in the winter has issues.

I see four swims logged in the last two weeks. He indicates that the water temp is currently a balmy 45įF.

LAJ 11-18-21 01:08 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22312256)
Made an appointment with a specialist for the second. They already called me back, to inform me they took a look at my X-rays from my crash with the sign and she thinks it is highly likely itís related.

This will be added to my claim. Did I mention I was angry.

??

indyfabz 11-18-21 01:12 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22312282)
It's currently raining. Nothing is frozen yet. The ground is still soft.

Your weather is coming Philly way. 70 today. 40s tomorrow. I think we are supposed to get your rain around 7 or 8 tonight.

bampilot06 11-18-21 01:17 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22312265)
X-rays of what body part?


I had a very large hematoma on my lower left leg as a result of the crash 4 weeks ago. I immediately went to the doctor, and she had me get X-rays because she was concerned I had fractured my left leg.


I do not remember any knee pain after that incident.

indyfabz 11-18-21 01:20 PM

So...Yesterday evening I saw a pickup strike a park car while making a right turn. The pickup driver stopped and looked like he was going to leave information but never did, eventually driving off. I left a note on the damaged car and spoke with the owner last night. Confirmed some of the information another witness has told him, including the first letter of the tag. (The other witness got the first three.) I also told him the guy was wearing a t-shirt from a roofer/property company whose headquarters is less than two blocks from the accident scene. Owner of the damaged car just texted me some photos of the pickup and the driver. The pickup has front end damage consistent with the accident. The guy is doing some kind of work on a local house. Looks like he's found the guy. Interestingly, the guy has removed the trailer hitch from the pickup, but the bracket is still there.

genejockey 11-18-21 01:37 PM

I poked around my data on intervals.icu a bit, but I'm damned if I understand it. They tag me as an "all rounder", whereas Zwift Academy tagged me as a sprinter. I guess "all rounder" can mean "sucks at everything", while "sprinter" means "sucks least at sprinting".

bampilot06 11-18-21 01:51 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22312358)
I poked around my data on intervals.icu a bit, but I'm damned if I understand it. They tag me as an "all rounder", whereas Zwift Academy tagged me as a sprinter. I guess "all rounder" can mean "sucks at everything", while "sprinter" means "sucks least at sprinting".

where does it say that on intervals?

WhyFi 11-18-21 02:04 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22312358)
I poked around my data on intervals.icu a bit, but I'm damned if I understand it. They tag me as an "all rounder", whereas Zwift Academy tagged me as a sprinter. I guess "all rounder" can mean "sucks at everything", while "sprinter" means "sucks least at sprinting".

I mean,

a) it doesn't matter, but...
b) an issue with intervals is that, to limit spurious spikes of plentiful power, they have a default wattage ceiling that scales with FTP.

My FTP isn't stellar, but my short term power is decent and I bumped up against the intervals limit every other ride until I went in to the settings and... well, I don't recall what I did... I either turned it off or I doubled the cap. Regardless, once I lifted that, they stopped classifying me as an all-arounder and pegged me as a sprinter (although I'll routinely get put back in to the all-arounder bucket if I don't re-establish a decent 5-second effort).

WhyFi 11-18-21 02:05 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22312368)
where does it say that on intervals?

Under the "Power" section.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...311f0061ae.jpg

MoAlpha 11-18-21 02:05 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22312330)
I had a very large hematoma on my lower left leg as a result of the crash 4 weeks ago. I immediately went to the doctor, and she had me get X-rays because she was concerned I had fractured my left leg.


I do not remember any knee pain after that incident.

Whoa, whoa, someone looked at an X-ray of a hematoma and says it's related to these knee symptoms? If so, get another doc.

MoAlpha 11-18-21 02:05 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22312358)
I poked around my data on intervals.icu a bit, but I'm damned if I understand it. They tag me as an "all rounder", whereas Zwift Academy tagged me as a sprinter. I guess "all rounder" can mean "sucks at everything", while "sprinter" means "sucks least at sprinting".

Ezzatly.

datlas 11-18-21 02:06 PM

I have no data other than observation. I think I suck at everything, but suck the least at climbing as I can outclimb most of my friends. The longer the hill, the better.

Low watts but low Kg, I reckon.

MoAlpha 11-18-21 02:07 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22312385)
I have no data other than observation. I think I suck at everything, but suck the least at climbing as I can outclimb most of my friends. The longer the hill, the better.

Low watts but low Kg, I reckon.

Same here, but I seem to have faster friends.

bampilot06 11-18-21 02:09 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22312382)
Whoa, whoa, someone looked at an X-ray of a hematoma and says it's related to these knee symptoms? If so, get another doc.


The took x rays of my whole leg, multiple angles not just where the hematoma was. But Iím not a doctor.

Does this not sound right?

phrantic09 11-18-21 02:09 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22312256)
Made an appointment with a specialist for the second. They already called me back, to inform me they took a look at my X-rays from my crash with the sign and she thinks it is highly likely itís related.

This will be added to my claim. Did I mention I was angry.

ugh, sorry man

WhyFi 11-18-21 02:09 PM

Also, as you can see from my Season, 84- and 42-day plots, they have a very loose definition of All Arounder, which means they're probably very particular about defining specialists, likely much more so than Zwift.

genejockey 11-18-21 02:13 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22312380)
I mean,

a) it doesn't matter, but...
b) an issue with intervals is that, to limit spurious spikes of plentiful power, they have a default wattage ceiling that scales with FTP.

My FTP isn't stellar, but my short term power is decent and I bumped up against the intervals limit every other ride until I went in to the settings and... well, I don't recall what I did... I either turned it off or I doubled the cap. Regardless, once I lifted that, they stopped classifying me as an all-arounder and pegged me as a sprinter (although I'll routinely get put back in to the all-arounder bucket if I don't re-establish a decent 5-second effort).

THis might explain the difference between Strava's power curve:
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...357f911cdc.jpg

and interval's:
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...659e202f17.jpg

MoAlpha 11-18-21 02:16 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22312390)
The took x rays of my whole leg, multiple angles not just where the hematoma was. But Iím not a doctor.

Does this not sound right?

Not from what you've described about the knee, which sounds like a run of the mill weekend warrior thing, related to the new trainer. I am stumped as to how trauma to the leg could have caused that at such a delay. Also, if there were any bony abnormalities on the X-rays, I would hope they would have told you.

WhyFi 11-18-21 02:17 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22312397)
THis might explain the difference between Strava's power curve:
and interval's:

If you go to your Activities calendar, you'll see indications of bumping in to the ceiling if you did, in fact, bump in to the ceiling on a given ride. It's similar to when you hit a new/season PR for a particular duration - it'll be a bright, bold notation.

MoAlpha 11-18-21 02:17 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22312392)
Also, as you can see from my Season, 84- and 42-day plots, they have a very loose definition of All Arounder, which means they're probably very particular about defining specialists, likely much more so than Zwift.

You guys actually care about the epithets of an algorithm?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.