Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

LesterOfPuppets 05-16-22 04:05 PM


Originally Posted by ofajen (Post 22508269)
This is the first one I recall with only green. Weird.

Wordle 331 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Otto

No yellows here either:
Wordle 331 4/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 05-16-22 04:41 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22508980)
I normally bring my lunch to work. Cheaper and easier to control calories. The days I don't, I usually go to a taqueria near downtown Brisbane (CA, not Oz). It's close, it's decent, it's fast. This morning, I didn't have time to make a sandwich, so come lunchtime I hop in the Challenger and zip over to the strip mall where the Taqueria is. They closed. By chance, the cashier (probably family) recognized me and said they lost their lease after 10 years. :cry:

I need to put in some time checking out the other nearby places, I guess. Or never miss making my lunch.

Losing their lease seems odd, given the restaurant next door them went out of business early in the Pandemic and has sat empty since.

We had a very nice small BP "travel center" locally with a great restaurant in the building that was always packed. Her lease ran out and was never renewed but the owner of the building let her operate for a couple years at the same rent. Then, an out of state group bought the building and immediately jacked her rent out of sight. her lawyers and theirs couldn't agree on a fair rent and they finally evicted her. It turned out that she had ownership of the equipment and after some legal wrangling, was allowed to remove it. Now, ten years later, the restaurant portion of the building remains vacant with 'for lease' signs on the windows.

LesterOfPuppets 05-16-22 04:45 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22508935)
There was a section of a river in Paris that they drained a while back. The damn thing was FULL of discarded Citibikes.

I think there are more shopping carts than bikes when they drain the canals here :)

genejockey 05-16-22 04:55 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22509036)
I think there are more shopping carts than bikes when they drain the canals here :)

What, no Mafia body dumps?

seedsbelize2 05-16-22 05:09 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22508840)
He doesn't even post pictures.

I just got a new phone, with a working camera. The one on the old phone got smashed back in August. It was liberating not having a camera. Now that I have one again, I don't think to use it. I'll try harder.

MoAlpha 05-16-22 05:28 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22509036)
I think there are more shopping carts than bikes when they drain the canals here :)

Never understood the thing with the shopping carts.

seedsbelize2 05-16-22 05:34 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22508746)
Keep us posted.

Heading into the city first thing in the morning for more paint, and tape. I hope to finish later in the day. I'll keep you posted.

genejockey 05-16-22 05:38 PM

Meh.
Wordle 331 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

DougRNS 05-16-22 05:46 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22509071)
Never understood the thing with the shopping carts.

People like sticking it to big grocery?:foo:

big john 05-16-22 05:56 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22509071)
Never understood the thing with the shopping carts.

Around here there are dozens of carts at the homeless encampments. Sometimes they tie them together to make a train. Carts are everywhere as people steal them from stores even to just take their groceries home.

genejockey 05-16-22 05:59 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22509093)
Around here there are dozens of carts at the homeless encampments. Sometimes they tie them together to make a train. Carts are everywhere as people steal them from stores even to just take their groceries home.

The Older Boy was specifically told NOT to interfere with anyone stealing a cart or shoplifting, when he was a Courtesy Jerk at Safeway. Too much possibility for corporate liability over too little return.

genejockey 05-16-22 06:01 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22509055)
I just got a new phone, with a working camera. The one on the old phone got smashed back in August. It was liberating not having a camera. Now that I have one again, I don't think to use it. I'll try harder.

I always have my phone with me on rides, and I often THINK ABOUT stopping to take a picture, but I rarely do. I don't want to interrupt the flow, or something like that.

abshipp 05-16-22 06:20 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22508468)
Are we talking a newer Miata? The new ones are quite tame and comfortable. The older ones are loud and very much not so.

Also, you would probably never want to be a passenger in it, even in the newer ones. They are not built even really for 6'+, even the new ones as I understand.

My 6'3" brother was quite disappointed that he could not fit in the new Miata :(

bampilot06 05-16-22 06:21 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22509099)
I always have my phone with me on rides, and I often THINK ABOUT stopping to take a picture, but I rarely do. I don't want to interrupt the flow, or something like that.


Im the same way, I donít want to stop for anything.

There are a lot of great pictures I miss out on though.

abshipp 05-16-22 06:22 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22508980)
I normally bring my lunch to work. Cheaper and easier to control calories. The days I don't, I usually go to a taqueria near downtown Brisbane (CA, not Oz). It's close, it's decent, it's fast. This morning, I didn't have time to make a sandwich, so come lunchtime I hop in the Challenger and zip over to the strip mall where the Taqueria is. They closed. By chance, the cashier (probably family) recognized me and said they lost their lease after 10 years. :cry:

I need to put in some time checking out the other nearby places, I guess. Or never miss making my lunch.

Losing their lease seems odd, given the restaurant next door them went out of business early in the Pandemic and has sat empty since.

There is supposedly a taco place opening up next door to the bike shop in the near future.

Karmic balance, maybe.

abshipp 05-16-22 06:24 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22508851)
Go on you tube and look up Project Thunderbolt. Guy takes a nice little Miatz and slips an Ls01 backed with a 6 speed Manuel into it. Very clean work. Talk about fun to drive....

Oh man I love his videos so much.

Makes me sad that there hasn't been a new one in a while.

If you want a huge time suck, check out Bad Obsession Motorsport on YouTube. "Project Binky" involves stuffing an AWD Celica drivetrain into a old school Mini. It's a whole lot of beautiful and creative fabrication.

abshipp 05-16-22 06:27 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22509099)
I always have my phone with me on rides, and I often THINK ABOUT stopping to take a picture, but I rarely do. I don't want to interrupt the flow, or something like that.

Same here. It's got to be a pretty exceptional thing to get me to stop.

bampilot06 05-16-22 06:31 PM

I have to say, I really like the new miataÖÖ. If I donít go Mojo down the road, I might go miata. That corvette speaks to me too though.

rjones28 05-16-22 06:37 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22508367)
So the Alpha Romeo "Graduate" was obviously just a symbol (or was it an allegory??), but back to cars mrs datlas has ALWAYS coveted a Mazda miata. My thinking is if/when the Saturn dies, I can get her FIT and she can get a Miata.

That said, I wonder how practical a Miata is for her since she is a very cautious driver and I suspect this car caters to a performance-minded driver.

Thoughts? She does have a birthday in August, so wheels in my head are spinning......

Get her the Miata.

Velo Vol 05-16-22 07:00 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22508894)
Tempe Town Lake

Not this again.

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22508909)
Thank you Jeff Bayzose (or however you spell his name)


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22508914)
wut


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22509055)
It was liberating not having a camera.

wut

seedsbelize2 05-16-22 07:07 PM

And then I got a new phone and promptly gave my old one away. Then I had to return the new one because it wouldn't charge. I was without a phone for a week. Talk about liberating!!

Mojo31 05-16-22 07:12 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22509043)
What, no Mafia body dumps?

Thats Vegas.

Trsnrtr 05-16-22 07:43 PM

Regarding phones, despite being waterproof, they aren’t immune to the chemicals in a porta potty. That’s my PSA for the day. :innocent:

seedsbelize2 05-16-22 07:48 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22509207)
Regarding phones, despite being waterproof, they arenít immune to the chemicals in a porta potty. Thatís my PSA for the day. :innocent:

Thanks for that.

Mojo31 05-16-22 08:00 PM

I gaurandayumtee you that if my phone falls into a porta potti it will never be retrieved.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.