Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1227239)

BillyD 04-01-21 06:06 AM

Addiction 2021.2
 
Spring is here.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5d4e29ee3.jpeg


Your mileage may vary.

Rage 04-01-21 06:09 AM

Yay, spring!

WhyFi 04-01-21 06:29 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21995090)
Your mileage may vary.

Indeed. :notamused:

seedsbelize 04-01-21 06:32 AM

Podium
Edit: Drat!!

ls01 04-01-21 06:37 AM

So, paint selection for the foyer proved to be frustrating. I am somewhat color blind. I see primary colors ok but I do not see transition colors the same as other people. This makes paint selection really stressful for me.
In the foyer the floor is slate, with green, purple, a dark maroon and blue slate. Along with standard black, and gray.... Or...so I believed.
Turns out there are black pieces in the doorways and the transition into the great room. But what I believed to be Grey was actually a green . Lol.
The color I chose with Melissa's help ( woman in paint @ Lowes) Is a med Grey that has a hue of purple to it.
This could easily have turned into a real cluster fudge.
Thank God that's over with.

indyfabz 04-01-21 06:51 AM

New shades being installed. Kitty is most intrigued with it all.

phrantic09 04-01-21 07:00 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21995090)
Spring is here.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5d4e29ee3.jpeg


Your mileage may vary.

Itís snowing here....

BillyD 04-01-21 07:06 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21995138)
New shades being installed. Kitty is most intrigued with it all.

I installed a couple of new blinds yesterday. Venus? Nah, you donít want that Venus around when youíve got work to do, sheís got to poke her nose into every move you make.

datlas 04-01-21 07:07 AM

Hi! What's this thread about?

BillyD 04-01-21 07:13 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21995149)
It’s snowing here....

The snow isn’t here yet. My tulips aren’t blooming yet either but the foliage is progressing, maybe in another 10 days. That’s an old pic of mine. It’s crocus season now. And daffodils.

phrantic09 04-01-21 07:24 AM

I have a yard of soil coming tomorrow. Going to level out some spots in the lawn and also re-seed some others as well as overseed the remainder

Mojo31 04-01-21 07:29 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21995177)
I have a yard of soil coming tomorrow. Going to level out some spots in the lawn and also re-seed some others as well as oversees the remainder

Overseeing is what I do best.

phrantic09 04-01-21 07:30 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 21995186)
Overseeing is what I do best.

GD autocorrect!

Mojo31 04-01-21 07:33 AM

For the doctors in the house. Pfizer now says its vaccine is good for 6 months. Is that because (a) that's all the data they have, or (b) because it loses effectiveness?

Pfizer, BioNTech Say Covid-19 Vaccine Protects for Six Months (msn.com)

I wish these articles would explain the reasoning behind the conclusion. The way it's written suggests that you might have to redo every six months.

Mojo31 04-01-21 07:34 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21995188)
GD autocorrect!

Doesn't change anything on my end.

Looks like you have a ton or two of fun coming. Enjoy!

phrantic09 04-01-21 07:42 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 21995191)
For the doctors in the house. Pfizer now says its vaccine is good for 6 months. Is that because (a) that's all the data they have, or (b) because it loses effectiveness?

Pfizer, BioNTech Say Covid-19 Vaccine Protects for Six Months (msn.com)

I wish these articles would explain the reasoning behind the conclusion. The way it's written suggests that you might have to redo every six months.

I guess 6 is better than 3?


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 21995193)
Doesn't change anything on my end.

Looks like you have a ton or two of fun coming. Enjoy!

Iím trying to slowly turn the lawn from mostly bluegrass to tall fescue, itís hardier and more resistant to dog urine (we get a lot of spots). I donít want to dig the whole thing up and start from scratch though.

The 3 yards of #2 decorative stone Iím getting in May will be worse.

phrantic09 04-01-21 07:50 AM

As part of our merger, we had to do a personality assessment thatís like a suped up Myers-Briggs. The results are hilarious even though not untrue.

forward-looking, aggressive, competitive, rewards driven, direct, ďhigh ego strengthsĒ

pretty much nailed it!

Mojo31 04-01-21 07:54 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21995219)
As part of our merger, we had to do a personality assessment thatís like a suped up Myers-Briggs. The results are hilarious even though not untrue.

forward-looking, aggressive, competitive, rewards driven, direct, ďhigh ego strengthsĒ

pretty much nailed it!

Before my wife and I got married, we did the pre-marriage counseling thing that was popular back then. The counselor had us take a "compatibility test." She never gave us the results, but when asked told us that they must have been lost.

Mojo31 04-01-21 07:55 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21995210)

The 3 yards of #2 decorative stone Iím getting in May will be worse.

That will be worse. I used to do that stuff myself, but 3 yards of rock would kill me. Now I know a guy.

phrantic09 04-01-21 07:58 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 21995230)
That will be worse. I used to do that stuff myself, but 3 yards of rock would kill me. Now I know a guy.

I prefer to pay people to do a lot of things, but since Iím only 40, Iíll do the grunt work while I still can

Mojo31 04-01-21 08:02 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21995236)
I prefer to pay people to do a lot of things, but since Iím only 40, Iíll do the grunt work while I still can

That's how I did it. I actually still mow my grass and tend to most things in the yard. It's mainly the heavy stuff that I pay to have done.

#not40anymore:(

BillyD 04-01-21 08:02 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 21995230)
That will be worse. I used to do that stuff myself, but 3 yards of rock would kill me. Now I know a guy.

It depends. I've always done all my stuff, I look at it as a workout. But I'm getting older now, I have to set limits.

One thing I never do is seal the driveway. No, No, No, No, No!!

WhyFi 04-01-21 08:07 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21995236)
I prefer to pay people to do a lot of things, but since Iím only 40, Iíll do the grunt work while I still can

When it comes to yard and garden stuff, I don't mind grunt work at all, but I hate when my wife tries to get me to do something that requires some fussiness or delicacy. Tell me to dig up a tree, point me at a pile of mulch, show me where to dig a hole - I'm fine with that... but I'm not planting seedlings or burying bulbs. :rolleyes:

indyfabz 04-01-21 08:54 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21995153)
I installed a couple of new blinds yesterday. Venus? Nah, you donít want that Venus around when youíve got work to do, sheís got to poke her nose into every move you make.

I had mine installed. The noise of the screw gun eventually got him out of sorts. But the eventful morning means heíll probably sleep the rest of the day.

genejockey 04-01-21 08:56 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21995154)
Hi! What's this thread about?

It's about this long....
And it's about this wide...
And it's about this country,
About which we're singing about.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.