Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Velo Vol 04-15-20 07:45 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21420645)
Bulk trash day coming up, so some of this extra cactus gotsta go!!!

Is that the lawn you mow?

Also, throwing cacti in the garbage? wut

noodle soup 04-15-20 07:56 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21420658)
Can't cook that, huh?

That looks like San Pedro cactus. You can most definitely ingest that cactus.

LesterOfPuppets 04-15-20 07:57 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21420680)
Is that the lawn you mow?

Also, throwing cacti in the garbage? wut

One of the 3. :)

Yeah, compost can is full. :(

MoAlpha 04-15-20 07:58 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21420674)
Christ on crutches. Half-assed junky powermeter will just piss you off. Get the Assiamo pedals when it's time. Of course, there is a manufacture delay from Clever Training, but there are others.

Thought about them. And then the cleats and my two bikes with SPD-SLs and the two sets of extras I've got, but I'm listening.

BillyD 04-15-20 07:58 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21420528)
Spanish is pretty easy.

Hola.

Velo Vol 04-15-20 08:02 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21420700)
One of the 3. :)

Yeah, compost can is full. :(

Don't the thorns shred a trash bag?

[kind of curious what cactus tastes like now]

LesterOfPuppets 04-15-20 08:07 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21420712)
Don't the thorns shred a trash bag?

Nahh, during bulk trash week, you just dump it out by the sidewalk and the city comes by, picks it up with a skid steer, then hauls it away.

noodle soup 04-15-20 08:12 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21420723)
Nahh, during bulk trash week, you just dump it out by the sidewalk and the city comes by, picks it up with a skid steer, then hauls it away.

We just put it in cardboard boxes of no more than 50 pounds. Twice a week, it's picked up.

LAJ 04-15-20 08:13 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21420705)
Thought about them. And then the cleats and my two bikes with SPD-SLs and the two sets of extras I've got, but I'm listening.

Crap. I forget. I assume everyone runs Look. There's a hack for your type of pedal, of course, but that sort of defeats the purpose of the bolt on gravy they should be. Dangit, he says. WhyFi loves his set up, I love my Quarq's as does Bah Humbug.... Doing some digging, there are few choices for Quarq right now, which may have something to do with the times we're in.

I just have very little faith in Stages, but they sure are out there.

Velo Vol 04-15-20 08:33 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21420723)
Nahh, during bulk trash week, you just dump it out by the sidewalk and the city comes by, picks it up with a skid steer, then hauls it away.

Ah, like we have brush pick up here (not to be confused with trash service).


LesterOfPuppets 04-15-20 08:40 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21420770)
Ah, like we have brush pick up here (not to be confused with trash service).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X39swr6MzAs

Yeah, here it's not just yard debris, you can huck all sorts of crap out for bulk trash week. I'll be hauling stacks of old tile out, and some other crap. Before the city picks it all up, guys in clapped out 1993 F-150s and the like come through and pick all the metal goodies out of the piles.

It's a celebration, really. :bday:

big john 04-15-20 09:02 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21420712)

[kind of curious what cactus tastes like now]

Nopales, or nopalitos, taste a bit like green beans but more tart. Yummy with shredded beef (machaca) or scrambled eggs or all three together.

noodle soup 04-15-20 09:03 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21420777)
Yeah, here it's not just can yard debris, you can huck all sorts of crap out for bulk trash week. I'll be hauling stacks of old tile out, and some other crap. Before the city picks it all up, guys in clapped out 1993 F-150s and the like come through and pick all the metal goodies out of the piles.

It's a celebration, really. :bday:

In my 'hood you could put out 50lb tubs of mercury, and they'd take it away.

ls01 04-15-20 09:05 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 21420270)
It's like Barney.

Better than Wilma

LesterOfPuppets 04-15-20 09:06 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 21420813)
Nopales, or nopalitos, taste a bit like green beans but more tart. Yummy with shredded beef (machaca) or scrambled eggs or all three together.

The best thing I ever had nopalitos in was at this TexMex place called Esparza's in Portland. They had smoked ostrich stuffed with nopalitos and pork sausage.

... and the best cantaloupe margaritas.

ls01 04-15-20 09:14 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21420645)
Bulk trash day coming up, so some of this extra cactus gotsta go!!!

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...019af92ae0.jpg

Watch out for coyote

big john 04-15-20 09:16 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21420819)
The best thing I ever had nopalitos in was at this TexMex place called Esparza's in Portland. They had smoked ostrich stuffed with nopalitos and pork sausage.

... and the best cantaloupe margaritas.

Wow.

ls01 04-15-20 09:19 PM

Dont know if you all have seen the protests going on in Lansing. Bunch of morons decided the state gov. Has gone too far. So they all drove to Lansing. To show the governor what they thought of her stay home orders. Then they proceeded to get out of their cars and mingle. What a bunch of numb skulls.

LesterOfPuppets 04-15-20 09:22 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21420834)
Dont know if you all have seen the protests going on in Lansing. Bunch of morons decided the state gov. Has gone too far. So they all drove to Lansing. To show the governor what they thought of her stay home orders. Then they proceeded to get out of their cars and mingle. What a bunch of numb skulls.

Yeah, I've been looking at some stories about it. My friend originally from Kalamazoo posted the first thing I saw about it - an ambulance trying to get through the traffic jam

big john 04-15-20 09:39 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21420834)
Dont know if you all have seen the protests going on in Lansing. Bunch of morons decided the state gov. Has gone too far. So they all drove to Lansing. To show the governor what they thought of her stay home orders. Then they proceeded to get out of their cars and mingle. What a bunch of numb skulls.

Lots of supporters of a certain politician there.

noodle soup 04-15-20 10:03 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21420834)
Dont know if you all have seen the protests going on in Lansing. Bunch of morons decided the state gov. Has gone too far. So they all drove to Lansing. To show the governor what they thought of her stay home orders. Then they proceeded to get out of their cars and mingle. What a bunch of numb skulls.

If they were only hurting themselves in the protest, I'd be laughing my ass off. Those ass holes put many healthcare workers at risk.

If I was half the man I was 5 years ago...


ls01 04-15-20 10:04 PM

It's great all the sacrifices everyone else made all being undone by a bunch of idiots.

ls01 04-15-20 10:09 PM

I learned a few minutes ago that a lawsuit has been filed against the state.

I really am torn by this. I dont like what the govt. But the alternative is no good either.

ls01 04-15-20 10:11 PM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21420895)
If they were only hurting themselves in the protest, I'd be laughing my ass off. Those ass holes put many healthcare workers at risk.

If I was half the man I was 5 years ago...

https://youtu.be/Xq8CtJSQFL4

Yeah, I have a brother and his wife in that convoy. What a moron.

big john 04-15-20 10:31 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21420904)
I learned a few minutes ago that a lawsuit has been filed against the state.

I really am torn by this. I dont like what the govt. But the alternative is no good either.

Here some churches are suing the state, even after that one reverend died from covid and a bunch of parishioners got sick at another church.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.