Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

MoAlpha 07-23-20 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21603406)
I just got home from a lunch ride. During said ride, I made a left with about 50 yards of room in front of a group of riders. Rode about three miles and had to stop to text one of my employees back. One of the riders caught up and asked me why I didn’t slow down so he could grab my wheel....

:wtf:

You should have coughed on him.

WhyFi 07-23-20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21603604)
right?

Were you on Sheridan Road? :innocent:

phrantic09 07-23-20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21603625)
You should have coughed on him.

I generally cough when I ride, I have constant post nasal drip

phrantic09 07-23-20 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21603634)
Were you on Sheridan Road? :innocent:

I’m dying

kissTheApex 07-23-20 02:58 PM

I just got home from a lunch ride. During said ride, I made a left with about 50 yards of room in front of a group of riders. Rode about three miles and had to stop to text one of my employees back. One of the riders caught up and asked me why I didn’t slow down so he could grab my wheel....

You should’ve told him you were leaving him a safe drafting distance. :innocent:

kissTheApex 07-23-20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21603659)
You should’ve told him you were leaving him a safe drafting distance. :innocent:

This is what happens when you quote without refreshing the page. :roflmao2:

phrantic09 07-23-20 03:13 PM

Who broke Garmin Connect?

Velo Vol 07-23-20 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21602889)
You've put on some weight

It's not me.

Point being, if the guy mowing Smokey's yard doesn't wear a vest, I don't need to either.

The robins were back on the lawn today, after a hiatus last week. I figured they had already started migrating south for the winter.

genejockey 07-23-20 04:03 PM

So, we've progressed from You shouldn't mind wheelsuckers to It's your responsiblity to facilitate wheelsucking? "Oh, what a world! What a world!" as the Wicked Witch said, melting.

Bah Humbug 07-23-20 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21603773)
So, we've progressed from You shouldn't mind wheelsuckers to It's your responsiblity to facilitate wheelsucking? "Oh, what a world! What a world!" as the Wicked Witch said, melting.

That's basically what it all comes down to, anyway. "It doesn't cost you anything to have someone behind you" becomes "but hold a smooth steady line, point out obstacles, and don't make any sudden moves".

WhyFi 07-23-20 04:10 PM

Made a half batch of pickles with one of the garden cucumbers. None of my Thai peppers are even close to ready, so I tossed in a couple habanero from the grocery store - will give 'em a go later tonight and continue to test over the next couple days to see if they get hotter (and pull out the peppers if it's looking like they're going to get too hot).

genejockey 07-23-20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21603782)
That's basically what it all comes down to, anyway. "It doesn't cost you anything to have someone behind you" becomes "but hold a smooth steady line, point out obstacles, and don't make any sudden moves".

And don't blow your nose, don't spit, don't stand up to pedal, and don't sit up for a stretch.

I'm waiting for the thread where the OP complains about the "irresponsible" rider he hooked onto all unbeknown and who failed to take adequate care of him, maybe 'causing' him to flat by just dodging a pothole and not pointing it out. Mind you, I skipped the last dozen years, so I might have missed it.

genejockey 07-23-20 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21603786)
Made a half batch of pickles with one of the garden cucumbers. None of my Thai peppers are even close to ready, so I tossed in a couple habanero from the grocery store - will give 'em a go later tonight and continue to test over the next couple days to see if they get hotter (and pull out the peppers if it's looking like they're going to get too hot).

Because I'm the only one in my house who eats pickles, I didn't buy any for years and had forgotten just how good a real good pickle can be. On the plus side, since I've started buying pickles again, I don't have to worry about anyone else stealing them.

WhyFi 07-23-20 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21603793)
Because I'm the only one in my house who eats pickles, I didn't buy any for years and had forgotten just how good a real good pickle can be. On the plus side, since I've started buying pickles again, I don't have to worry about anyone else stealing them.

Yup - besides me, no one touches them in my house, either. I tend to binge, though - a jar of pickles or peppers will either sit, mostly full, in the fridge for two years before I throw it out... or it'll be gone in under two weeks. :foo:

Velo Vol 07-23-20 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21603793)

They're good on salad. #HealthyEating

datlas 07-23-20 04:24 PM

Indian carry-out for dinner!

:bday:

Bah Humbug 07-23-20 04:26 PM

The Wahooligans should be happy right about now - Garmin is hosed but good.

LAJ 07-23-20 04:35 PM

You eat the pickles until you're close to being done with the jar. You then break out a new jar, throw some pickles from the new jar into the old jar and put it back into the fridge. You then have room for a fresh batch of heat to toss into the new jar, shake it up, and install that jar into the fridge. In a couple days, you're done with the old jar, you drink the juice, toss the old jar, and are ready to go again. Rinse, and repeat.

MoAlpha 07-23-20 04:36 PM

I like a nice pickle.

Bah Humbug 07-23-20 04:36 PM

Pickles are utterly gross.

LAJ 07-23-20 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21603692)
It's not me.

Point being, if the guy mowing Smokey's yard doesn't wear a vest, I don't need to either.

The robins were back on the lawn today, after a hiatus last week. I figured they had already started migrating south for the winter.

Yes, you do

genejockey 07-23-20 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by bah humbug (Post 21603841)
pickles are utterly gross.

burn, heretic!!!!

Pirkaus 07-23-20 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21602921)
Another thread reminded me of the temptation to MUP race this morning - it truly was a test. Some guy on a Motobecane with aero bars and a flappy jersey made a show of passing me while I was noodling along in z1. Well, I think that he tried to give me the look, but maybe I'm projecting. In any event, if ever there was a prime candidate for a MUP soul-crushing, this was he. But I resisted and rode my ride.

You're a better man than I

Wickles (wicked pickles) are my favorite, right up there with mustard pickles 😋

Velo Vol 07-23-20 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21603802)
They're good on salad. #HealthyEating

I'm eating this now.

Just opened a jar though so they aren't cold. Deduct one point.

datlas 07-23-20 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21603809)
The Wahooligans should be happy right about now - Garmin is hosed but good.

Any guesses how long they will be down?