Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Mojo31 03-16-22 06:43 AM

Not quite Indyesque.
Wordle 270 3/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 03-16-22 07:00 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22440511)
Holy cow! I'm gonna have to make sure I get my receipt before leaving the register every time there!

That might insure that the transaction gets closed out before the next person's stuff gets rung up. My 3 items are at the top of the receipt. Items appear on the receipt in the order that they are scanned. As such, it must have been the next person in line that got the benefit of my credit.

I am going to go back tomorrow and discuss the matter with someone higher up. If they ignore me I am going to tell them I will take them to small claims court. I am also going to ask how long they keep any video footage because the receipt is time stamped.

And always remember to check to see if you got advertised sale prices. I can think of two times in the last few months alone that sale prices had apparently not be programmed into the system, resulting in me getting charged full price. The last time was a good amount of money. My total seemed high, so I asked for the receipt and saw the problem before leaving the store. Wonder how many others before me got ripped off because of that error.

indyfabz 03-16-22 07:02 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22440515)
And would the folks behind you have been aware of this, or did they likely pay too?

I have been wondering about that myself.

WhyFi 03-16-22 07:59 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22440755)
I have been wondering about that myself.

As finicky as card readers can be, there's a good chance that they're still wondering why the charge hasn't hit their card. They probably inserted/tapped their card and didn't think twice about it. If they got a receipt, they might not have even noticed that the last four digits of the credit card don't match.

seedsbelize2 03-16-22 08:02 AM


indyfabz 03-16-22 08:07 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22440814)
As finicky as card readers can be, there's a good chance that they're still wondering why the charge hasn't hit their card. They probably inserted/tapped their card and didn't think twice about it. If they got a receipt, they might not have even noticed that the last four digits of the credit card don't match.

Makes me want to go back to all cash as much as possible. Stuff like that doesn't happen with cash.

seedsbelize2 03-16-22 08:30 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22440674)
Love this movie

What is it?

seedsbelize2 03-16-22 08:31 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22440700)
It is dumb, as is DST.

This isn't Daylight Savings Time?

seedsbelize2 03-16-22 08:34 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22440754)
That might insure that the transaction gets closed out before the next person's stuff gets rung up. My 3 items are at the top of the receipt. Items appear on the receipt in the order that they are scanned. As such, it must have been the next person in line that got the benefit of my credit.

I am going to go back tomorrow and discuss the matter with someone higher up. If they ignore me I am going to tell them I will take them to small claims court. I am also going to ask how long they keep any video footage because the receipt is time stamped.

And always remember to check to see if you got advertised sale prices. I can think of two times in the last few months alone that sale prices had apparently not be programmed into the system, resulting in me getting charged full price. The last time was a good amount of money. My total seemed high, so I asked for the receipt and saw the problem before leaving the store. Wonder how many others before me got ripped off because of that error.


fixed. You have too much faith in the system

genejockey 03-16-22 08:51 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22440674)
Love this movie

The Older Boy and I were watching a different movie, and there's a dead body, so I turn to TOB and say, "You're always gonna have a problem picking up a body in one piece...."

BillyD 03-16-22 08:51 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22440825)
Makes me want to go back to all cash as much as possible. Stuff like that doesn't happen with cash.


genejockey 03-16-22 08:55 AM

And me, barely awake.
Wordle 270 3/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LAJ 03-16-22 09:03 AM

Wordle 270 3/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

phrantic09 03-16-22 09:13 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22440844)
What is it?

Snatch

big john 03-16-22 09:14 AM

Epic fail.
Wordle 270 X/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
Nice ride yesterday but the wind is howling again. Went outside and walking around was tough. Maybe it will calm down a bit.

rjones28 03-16-22 10:14 AM

First wrenching day at the bike shop today. :)

LesterOfPuppets 03-16-22 10:38 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22440944)
First wrenching day at the bike shop today. :)

Spring has sprung!

LesterOfPuppets 03-16-22 10:40 AM

Wordle 270 5/6

🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 03-16-22 11:00 AM

Good ride today. We had 15 riders to start. I asked the gang to please split into two groups roughly 50/50. It did not happen. After the first major hill, one of the riders said her hip/leg was bothering her, so I stayed back with her. A few miles later, the grandfather of the group (77) got shot out the back, so I pulled these two until the rest stop. The lead group was just leaving as we arrived, I recruited one more sweeper, so the 4 of us finished the ride at a civilized pace. The difference in (ugh) average speed between the two groups was about 2MPH.

Weather started off chilly but sunny and it warmed up nicely.

genejockey 03-16-22 11:34 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22440733)
Isnít it awesome? Peace, quiet, civility.

For me, the best part about early morning is that the dogs and Mrs. GeneJockey have generally already gotten up and gone out to the living room, so I can sleep on undisturbed.

genejockey 03-16-22 11:46 AM

I was GOING TO ride after work yesterday, but there were showers in the forecast so I didn't pack my stuff for riding and instead just Zwifted. I did Stage 2 of the Tour of Watopia, which was 22 virtual miles of flat. I saw a video on racing on Zwift, which said that what most riders get wrong is the start. Starts, even in an "It's a ride not a race" ride, are always fast, so most rider start ramping up over the last 20 seconds before the start. The advice was not to do that, but to do a sprint starting at 2 seconds from the start, which will put you in the front group when the gate drops. It worked! I shot from the back of the pack up to the front! And then kept falling back through MOST of the 350 riders till finally finding a group of 4-6 that mostly stayed together the rest of the way. I think I ended up somewhere like 180th out of 350 or so, but being a "ride not a race", it was open to all categories. Not too bad. A little less than an hour's effort. I think in some ways more tiring than an hour on Alpe du Zwift, because riding in a group, my power is really spiky, but when I rode AdZ it was pretty constant.

Today, I'm going to do my first outdoor, after work ride of 2022, if all goes to plan. Normally, I pack the bike, a basket with helmet, shoes, gloves, etc., and a tote bag with my riding clothes so I can change here at work. I'm so out of practice that I kissed Mrs. GJ goodbye, went out to the car with the tote bag ready to leave, and only then realized I had NOT loaded up either the basket or the bike! That would have been a really short trip!

phrantic09 03-16-22 11:57 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22441047)
I was GOING TO ride after work yesterday, but there were showers in the forecast so I didn't pack my stuff for riding and instead just Zwifted. I did Stage 2 of the Tour of Watopia, which was 22 virtual miles of flat. I saw a video on racing on Zwift, which said that what most riders get wrong is the start. Starts, even in an "It's a ride not a race" ride, are always fast, so most rider start ramping up over the last 20 seconds before the start. The advice was not to do that, but to do a sprint starting at 2 seconds from the start, which will put you in the front group when the gate drops. It worked! I shot from the back of the pack up to the front! And then kept falling back through MOST of the 350 riders till finally finding a group of 4-6 that mostly stayed together the rest of the way. I think I ended up somewhere like 180th out of 350 or so, but being a "ride not a race", it was open to all categories. Not too bad. A little less than an hour's effort. I think in some ways more tiring than an hour on Alpe du Zwift, because riding in a group, my power is really spiky, but when I rode AdZ it was pretty constant.

Today, I'm going to do my first outdoor, after work ride of 2022, if all goes to plan. Normally, I pack the bike, a basket with helmet, shoes, gloves, etc., and a tote bag with my riding clothes so I can change here at work. I'm so out of practice that I kissed Mrs. GJ goodbye, went out to the car with the tote bag ready to leave, and only then realized I had NOT loaded up either the basket or the bike! That would have been a really short trip!

Im planning on 35-40 outdoor, after work miles today

genejockey 03-16-22 12:01 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22441066)
Im planning on 35-40 outdoor, after work miles today

Either you ride a lot faster, leave work earlier, or are more tolerant of riding in the dark than I am. :thumb:

phrantic09 03-16-22 12:02 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22441069)
Either you ride a lot faster, leave work earlier, or are more tolerant of riding in the dark than I am. :thumb:

No commute, done at 4:30 which gives me 2.5 hours of light.

DougRNS 03-16-22 12:29 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22440825)
Makes me want to go back to all cash as much as possible. Stuff like that doesn't happen with cash.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.