Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   SF Peninsula C&V Ride: First Saturday of the month (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239659)

SwimmerMike 09-28-21 04:21 PM

SF Peninsula C&V Ride: First Saturday of the month

1 Attachment(s)
After a successful C&V ride in September @genejockey and I decided that we should make this a monthly event (With input from the riders there that day).

This is a ride where a few of us ride together and it's an open invitation for anyone to join us. This is not Eroica compliant. Bring the bike you want to ride, with the set-up you want.

Day: First Saturday of the month

Start Location: The Corner of Edgewood and Canada north of Woodside, about 1/2 mile off of 280 for easy access.

Same time: 10:00AM start

See attached .pdf for the Cue sheet and some pictures. ~30 mile, mostly flat (some rollers), all paved.

Mike

genejockey 09-28-21 05:03 PM

Definitely not Eroica compliant! Last time one of the riders was on a CF bike with disc brakes, and nobody made fun of him!

SwimmerMike 09-30-21 10:15 AM

It looks like we will have some great weather and clear (smoke free) skies!

squirtdad 09-30-21 11:21 AM

will miss tis one, but have next month on the calendar :)

philpeugeot 10-01-21 06:49 AM

I think I might have time to join.

bikingshearer 10-01-21 05:42 PM

I plan to be there on my best bike: 1965ish Cinelli frame (Eroica-compliant) with Campy 10sp triple, SPDs and dual-pivot brakes (decidedly not Eroica-compliant). See y'all then.

73StellaSX76 10-01-21 08:03 PM

I’m in, see you there.
Alex

City Guy 10-02-21 05:35 PM

Hey Guys

Great meeting all of you and the ride was superb, even though I had to leave early for honey-do projects back at the house.

Other than a few very short rides, first time for me taking the Masi out on the road. The Masi rode extremely well and surprising that I did not really notice the additional weight compared to my contemporary bikes.

Thanks again for organizing this, see you in November.

73StellaSX76 10-02-21 09:03 PM

Yes, thanks for organizing another good ride! We had a good long discussion at the park halfway where I learned still more good bike stuff. It got a little warm toward the end there. November should be cooler!

bikingshearer 10-02-21 10:23 PM

I had a great time today. Great meeting everybody, Thanks for organizing the ride and for hanging back with me, @SwimmerMike.

SwimmerMike 11-05-21 07:41 AM

Reminder - Tomorrow is the first Saturday of the month. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend due to some family obligations. Looks like it'll be dry. I hope to see some pictures.

Mike

genejockey 11-05-21 11:11 AM

I'll be there! Meet at 10, rollout a little after. Same bat time, same bat channel!

And this time, I'm bringing the Ironman.

SwimmerMike 11-05-21 12:46 PM

As a reminder the cue sheet is in the first post.

73StellaSX76 11-05-21 08:54 PM

I’m out this month, made other plans before thinking. Have a good ride.

philpeugeot 11-05-21 10:12 PM

Sorry, afraid I can't go either. I've got to catch up on some of my homework. Hope to see you guys next time.

genejockey 11-06-21 01:48 PM

I got there a little late, but rolled out at 10:10, as we had previously. Day started out cloudy, but not too bad. Rolled on through Woodside and Portola Valley as usual. This time, I remembered something I'd thought of before - line up all the bikes for a group shot at Frenchman's Tower on Old Page Mill! I made sure it happened this time!
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...dbf532faac.jpg

Yeah, that's right! Today's ride was just me. No biggie, though, I still had fun! Here's a bonus pic of the Ironman.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...fb037bd5ed.jpg
I'll be there next month, December 4th, barring rain or illness. Same bike time, same bike channel!

SwimmerMike 11-30-21 05:47 PM

I should be in for this month. Dec 4th at 10:00 AM.

I'm hoping to bring my "new" Bianchi. It should win the contest for most "Patina".

tgot 12-01-21 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22298356)
Yeah, that's right! Today's ride was just me. No biggie, though, I still had fun! Here's a bonus pic of the Ironman.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...fb037bd5ed.jpg
I'll be there next month, December 4th, barring rain or illness. Same bike time, same bike channel!

Is that the new Ironman, that you were considering/pursuing at the first Peninsula ride?

I have confused IRL conversations with BF handles before...

Looks great!

I will not make it on 12/4, holiday commitments have arisen.

genejockey 12-01-21 01:10 AM

When we did the first ride, I was still thinking about looking for one. I hadn't planned on getting an '85. I was more interested in the red/white of your 86. But this one came up, and it was in my size, and at a good price, and just up in Rohnert Park.....

73StellaSX76 12-03-21 10:46 AM

I’m out this time. AQL is over100 along the route, too high for me.
Alex

squirtdad 12-03-21 10:56 AM

conflicting sports activities .will be kayaking tomorrow. I know got to get my priorities right :)

SwimmerMike 12-03-21 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by 73StellaSX76 (Post 22327665)
I’m out this time. AQL is over100 along the route, too high for me.
Alex

Hey Alex -

I'm worried about the AQI also.

All -

The numbers have been moving a lot so I'll make a call at our usual 7:45 to 8:00 tomorrow if I am going to go or not.

- Mike

SwimmerMike 12-03-21 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by squirtdad (Post 22327672)
conflicting sports activities .will be kayaking tomorrow. I know got to get my priorities right :)

@squirtdad I haven't seen any Kayak sections advertised for for Eroica, Cino, or even the TdMIL ride. I really think you need to re-think your decision. But seriously, enjoy the kayaking.

squirtdad 12-03-21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by SwimmerMike (Post 22327937)
@squirtdad I haven't seen any Kayak sections advertised for for Eroica, Cino, or even the TdMIL ride. I really think you need to re-think your decision. But seriously, enjoy the kayaking.

May do Missouri river in Montana after Cino :)

wave at me at coyote point :)

and the fact that i have not hardly ridden for the last 6 weeks has nothing to do with this at all

and is first weekend in January the first or the 8th ?

genejockey 12-03-21 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by SwimmerMike (Post 22327932)
Hey Alex -

I'm worried about the AQI also.

All -

The numbers have been moving a lot so I'll make a call at our usual 7:45 to 8:00 tomorrow if I am going to go or not.

- Mike

Yeah, when did the air get so crappy? Yeesh!