Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

datlas 07-07-22 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22566979)
Dibs on the Canyon.

Wait, what size it it??

Mojo31 07-07-22 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22567029)
Wait, what size it it??

You snoozed, so you lose.

Mojo31 07-07-22 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22566985)
"Cold, dead hands" and all that.

If the dibs kick in, there will be that.

datlas 07-07-22 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22567043)
You snoozed, so you lose.

How about rock/paper/scissors??

Mojo31 07-07-22 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22567081)
How about rock/paper/scissors??

No way. You gotta jump on opportunity when it presents itself. No time to sit back, analyze and contemplate.

ls01 07-07-22 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22566900)
You are on something.

Ffa

big john 07-07-22 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22566988)
Maybe I should will all 6 of my Avocet O2 Air 40Rs to big john, who appreciates them.

Haven't been on one in years so maybe I wouldn't like them any more. One way to find out, I suppose. I have a Flite Gel something on the Seven and it is falling apart. I got it from a friend when the Selle Italia SLR got all wonky.
I see saddles on line that look like they might work but I don't want to spend $150-$200 and not like it.

Eric F 07-07-22 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22567136)
Haven't been on one in years so maybe I wouldn't like them any more. One way to find out, I suppose. I have a Flite Gel something on the Seven and it is falling apart. I got it from a friend when the Selle Italia SLR got all wonky.
I see saddles on line that look like they might work but I don't want to spend $150-$200 and not like it.

I have old Flite Gel saddles on my 2 road bikes from early-2000s. They still feel good. My '18 Storck came with a SQLab 612 saddle. I like it quite a lot. My MTB has a Specialized Toupe, which I also like. I've tried a couple of newer Selle Italias. I could not get them off the bike fast enough.

MoAlpha 07-07-22 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22566978)
I saw a graph yesterday of death rate from like 1900 - 1950. There's a big spike in 1918 from the Pandemic Flu, but the rate was elevated above the trend for a good 10 years after, presumably as it kept rolling around through an unvaccinated population.

People also had all kinds of nasty chronic sequelae from the 1918 flu, like the famous encephalopathy lethargica. There must have been all sorts of life-shortening lung damage from that hemorrhagic pneumonia too and maybe delayed stuff they didn't even recognize as related. There's going to be a long excess mortality tail on COVID-19 too. :eek:

bampilot06 07-07-22 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22566900)
You are on to something.

I do believe I am.

bampilot06 07-07-22 02:40 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...02f1b2dc8.jpeg

Simon says: “sup”

Went back to the baby doctor today. The anxiety was super super super high. Last visit the doctor said he saw higher than normal fluid in the brain stem. Not a super large amount but more than normal, so we have spent the last two weeks worrying about that. Today we go, and the technician took forever. My wife kept asking her questions, which she replied, she can’t answer. The longer it took the more anxious we got.

Good news, fluid has gone away, bad news, there may or may not be a growth in the neck area. They couldn’t get a clear image, and are having us see a high risk pregnancy doctor in a couple weeks. I was pretty upset at first, but the more I think about it, i’m convinced that both times she just couldn’t get a good image. I think they were wrong about the increased fluid last time, and I think this time its the same thing.

My mother did a great job of instilling in me what she calls “ a realistic out look on life”, everyone else I talk to thinks I an “pessimistic beyond all help” so my above thoughts are me trying to stay as positive as possible.

Told the little one she was going to have a little brother today, the conversation went really well. She’s super stoked.

Mojo31 07-07-22 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22567232)
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...02f1b2dc8.jpeg

Simon says: “sup”

Went back to the baby doctor today. The anxiety was super super super high. Last visit the doctor said he saw higher than normal fluid in the brain stem. Not a super large amount but more than normal, so we have spent the last two weeks worrying about that. Today we go, and the technician took forever. My wife kept asking her questions, which she replied, she can’t answer. The longer it took the more anxious we got.

Good news, fluid has gone away, bad news, there may or may not be a growth in the neck area. They couldn’t get a clear image, and are having us see a high risk pregnancy doctor in a couple weeks. I was pretty upset at first, but the more I think about it, i’m convinced that both times she just couldn’t get a good image. I think they were wrong about the increased fluid last time, and I think this time its the same thing.

My mother did a great job of instilling in me what she calls “ a realistic out look on life”, everyone else I talk to thinks I an “pessimistic beyond all help” so my above thoughts are me trying to stay as positive as possible.

Told the little one she was going to have a little brother today, the conversation went really well. She’s super stoked.

Hang in there - most of those things are to err on the side of caution.

Back when our first was born, I had been working in the med mal area defending OB/GYNs in bad delivery cases. I knew just enough to recognize the signs of delivery complications and read a fetal heart monitor. Long story short, there were difficulties during the delivery and I was scared. It was hard to not let my wife feel my fear. The delivery team had a neo-natal unit brought over from the children's hospital next door and were on standby in the delivery room. All ended up well, and we have a kid who, other than being a bit neurotic at times, is absolutely normal.

When our son was born, big sister was brought to the hospital to see her new brother. When they got to the hospital, she told my inlaws that she would just wait in the car.

big john 07-07-22 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22567151)
I have old Flite Gel saddles on my 2 road bikes from early-2000s. They still feel good. My '18 Stock came with a SQLab 612 saddle. I like it quite a lot. My MTB has a Specialized Toupe, which I also like. I've tried a couple of newer Selle Italias. I could not get them off the bike fast enough.

I got the Flite from a friend who had 2 of them still in the box. Didn't know I would like it, I should have bought them both. With Covid and changes in the club I haven't seen him in a long time, I should try to reach him. I got the saddle and a new mtb jersey for $80!

big john 07-07-22 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22567250)
. All ended up well, and we have a kid who, other than being a bit necrotic at times, is absolutely normal.

Doesn't sound normal.

Eric F 07-07-22 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22567255)
Doesn't sound normal.

In my family, "a bit neurotic at times" is pretty normal. Compared to my wife's family, we're pretty sane.

big john 07-07-22 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22567260)
In my family, "a bit neurotic at times" is pretty normal. Compared to my wife's family, we're pretty sane.

As long as they're not necrotic.

Eric F 07-07-22 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22567262)
As long as they're not necrotic.

Ooops. I didn't see the "c". Yeah. That's different.

Mojo31 07-07-22 03:13 PM

Whoa, good catch!

Auto-spell strikes again.

bampilot06 07-07-22 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22567250)
Hang in there - most of those things are to err on the side of caution.

Back when our first was born, I had been working in the med mal area defending OB/GYNs in bad delivery cases. I knew just enough to recognize the signs of delivery complications and read a fetal heart monitor. Long story short, there were difficulties during the delivery and I was scared. It was hard to not let my wife feel my fear. The delivery team had a neo-natal unit brought over from the children's hospital next door and were on standby in the delivery room. All ended up well, and we have a kid who, other than being a bit neurotic at times, is absolutely normal.

When our son was born, big sister was brought to the hospital to see her new brother. When they got to the hospital, she told my inlaws that she would just wait in the car.

Appreciate it.

This is our last try, so we are hoping for the best. The little guy was bouncing all of the place, I think he’s just trying to get us used to the idea, he will not be an easy baby.

indyfabz 07-07-22 04:20 PM

R.I.P. James Caan.

indyfabz 07-07-22 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22567266)

Auto-spell strikes again.

Classic. Thanks for the good laugh.

big john 07-07-22 05:34 PM

As a long time forumite, I'd never spent time in the general cycling discussion forum. Some real gems there.

indyfabz 07-07-22 05:56 PM

Stephen got another mouse. Wanna see a picture?

bampilot06 07-07-22 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22567387)
As a long time forumite, I'd never spent time in the general cycling discussion forum. Some real gems there.

I go there and usually hit the back button before the page is fully loaded.

seedsbelize2 07-07-22 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22567341)
R.I.P. James Caan.

So good in so many roles.