Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

ls01 04-03-20 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21398362)
I tried that once and bought a saddle based on my results.

It didn't work out for me, unfortunately.

I don't know whether to interpret what happened as that the measurement was BS, or that the recommended saddle width based on my measurement was BS.

Good luck.

Its your sit bone measurement + 10 mm.

rjones28 04-03-20 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21398976)
Um. I think that might be an eBike.

Probably a Turbo Levo.

rjones28 04-03-20 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21399182)
Survived another week. Came home to this. Mrs datlas said not to touch it for a few days.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3c8bb70f0.jpeg

Do you mean to tell us that you haven't installed an airlock with an anti-viral shower at the entrance to your house yet?

Bah Humbug 04-03-20 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21399165)
Shimano is pretty big on drivetrain systems working together.

Also, bike weenies need groupsets so they can be OCD about matching everything.

Well yes, but the clutched GRX could just be another, like regular vs mid-cage.

I suspect the latter is the big factor.

Bah Humbug 04-03-20 03:13 PM

Survived another week. Came home to this. Mrs datlas said not to touch it for a few days.

That's basically our approach.

Bah Humbug 04-03-20 03:14 PM

It's a wine kind of day. First alcohol I've had in months.

Also, seems like this iteration of Addiction is a lot more lively than it's been.

WalksOn2Wheels 04-03-20 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21398889)
Speaking of bike emails, I just got one from Specialized. I'm sure this lead-off image will have some undies in a bunch -

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...89bc337da1.jpg

I mean, they're wearing helmets, right?

That was always my favorite on the FB or IG. Half of the Rapha ads would have a guy without a helmet and everyone would lose their mind. GCN posted a video on FB of a well known trials style rider with a roadbike hopping up and down from a narrow stone wall on the face of a mountain. A commenter said GCN should be ashamed for posting such a video as it would encourage copy cats. Right...

ls01 04-03-20 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21398375)
Other than squirting WD40 into the brifter I don't know much of what can be done about it.

I'm talking about shifting to the smaller gears after you've climbed the hill.

smaller? Which shifter? Lower or higher gear?

I had good results with Hot water. But you have to remove the shifters. Remove the hood, and old cable. Instal a new sacrificial cable. Blast them with the hottest water you can stand while working the shifter back and forth spray solvent into it. You want the hot water to go into the guts of the shifter. Work it, shake out the excess. Blast it with water. Repeat
I do that a couple times. Once it's free and functional you can get some spray grease and lube it with that. Work it back and forth let the carrier evaporates. Clean and re instal. New cables and tape.

Bah Humbug 04-03-20 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by WalksOn2Wheels (Post 21399222)

That was always my favorite on the FB or IG. Half of the Rapha ads would have a guy without a helmet and everyone would lose their mind. GCN posted a video on FB of a well known trials style rider with a roadbike hopping up and down from a narrow stone wall on the face of a mountain. A commenter said GCN should be ashamed for posting such a video as it would encourage copy cats. Right...

Well that's like Phil Liggett always saying people at home shouldn't descend in the supertuck and maybe the pros should be banned for fear of imitation. I don't think you try that because you saw it on TV, and if you do, well, it's probably only the latest in a long line of bad decisions.

datlas 04-03-20 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21399215)
Do you mean to tell us that you haven't installed an airlock with an anti-viral shower at the entrance to your house yet?

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21399219)
That's basically our approach.

Ours too. Here is mrs datlas setup in the garage. Note the dorm fridge just in front of the Habanero.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...56e6f9b5a.jpeg

indyfabz 04-03-20 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21399221)
It's a wine kind of day. First alcohol I've had in months.

First all day.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...102924a42.jpeg

LAJ 04-03-20 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21399201)
What's the problem?

They really should be wearing gloves.

kissTheApex 04-03-20 03:26 PM

but What is it!? What if it’s perishables? Must be checked ASAP! :innocent:

I bet it’s white. :rolleyes:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3c8bb70f0.jpeg

ls01 04-03-20 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21398659)
Yeah, at that point it's just a bull**** field trip.

locally, Sterling heights, had a fire marshal threaten to have police stationed in a lowes or home depot. Due to the amount of shopping. These stores are open for emergency type purchases. Not for gardening supplies, or paint and wallpaper.

datlas 04-03-20 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21399201)
What's the problem?

Not enough air.

robertorolfo 04-03-20 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by WalksOn2Wheels (Post 21399222)

Is that an e-bike? I could understand some disdain...

Or maybe they are just worried about the kid smashing his face into the bars?

Velo Vol 04-03-20 03:31 PM

Called it.

indyfabz 04-03-20 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21399171)
As I was out for a walk for booze and bread, the general reluctance to be in close proximity to others made me think of Best Picture Academy Award Winner "Demolition Man," with Sly, Sandra and Wesley. My teenage mind distinctly remembers the virtual intercourse with a computer intermediary, and I want to say that physical contact in general was shunned. Anyway, it got me to wonderin' how much effect the current situation would have on shows of affection in the future. Will things like hugs and handshakes go away? Or will people just be far more selective with them? Hmmmmm.

Enhance your calm, WhyFi.

One of those films I thought I would hate, but I like it.

In any event, as a single guy, I have thought about the issue. Interestingly, saw a piece on the local news the other day saying at least one on line dating app has seen a spike in business. Probably people looking for virtual connections and hoping for a better future.

ls01 04-03-20 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by whyfi (Post 21398779)
i'm sure that your perspective is different, but i only recall scorn similar to... Let's say - rapha. Upscale without bells and whistles, so it must be fodder marketed towards poseurs and dentists, yadda, yadda.

antidentite!

abshipp 04-03-20 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21399225)
Well that's like Phil Liggett always saying people at home shouldn't descend in the supertuck and maybe the pros should be banned for fear of imitation. I don't think you try that because you saw it on TV, and if you do, well, it's probably only the latest in a long line of bad decisions.

I mean, I've tried it before, but just goofing around on basically flat ground. Super sketchy even then.

​​​​​
​​​​​

​​​​

rjones28 04-03-20 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21399240)
They really should be wearing gloves.

And masks.

ls01 04-03-20 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by whyfi (Post 21398790)
or you can just go in to the greater 41 and wait for people to yell "hambini!" at you.

hello hambini fans!

rjones28 04-03-20 03:35 PM

Notice that the little guy has foot pegs with straps.

rjones28 04-03-20 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21399250)
Not enough air.

They should be taking off some sweet jumps.

Velo Vol 04-03-20 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21399229)
Ours too. Here is mrs datlas setup in the garage. Note the dorm fridge just in front of the Habanero.

Why are there bananas in your garage?