Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

rjones28 03-14-22 11:20 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22438658)
I know the system is not easily programmed for this, but my suggestion has been that a thread over a certain age (maybe 1 year?) could only be bumped by the OP and possibly someone else who had posted in it, to update it. It makes sense to start a new thread 98% of the time.

/end rant

A censor for old content, perhaps?

:innocent:

LAJ 03-14-22 11:26 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22438640)
Is there a term for a BF user with few (or no) previous posts who bumps an ancient thread for dubious reasons?

If not, we need one. They are popping up like toadstools!

It's called "hit the report button so a mod doesn't have to try and read your mind"

datlas 03-14-22 11:30 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22438684)
It's called "hit the report button so a mod doesn't have to try and read your mind"

Understood.

LAJ 03-14-22 11:31 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22438693)
Understood.

That said, I found it, and it's disappeared.

Mojo31 03-14-22 11:52 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22438697)
That said, I found it, and it's disappeared.

I appreciate you leaving my witty comment intact. It's one of the few contributions I can make around here. :thumb:

LAJ 03-14-22 12:29 PM

We aim to please :)

genejockey 03-14-22 12:38 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22438792)
We aim to please :)

When I was growing up, the neighbors had a pool. There was a sign above the toilet int he pool house: "We aim to please! You aim too, please!"

Mojo31 03-14-22 12:48 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22438799)
When I was growing up, the neighbors had a pool. There was a sign above the toilet int he pool house: "We aim to please! You aim too, please!"

Our motto on the boat was, "When at sea, sit to pee."

I hated the jerks who would stand and pee while underway. No way you can consistently hit the target when in waves or underway on the water.

BillyD 03-14-22 12:51 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22438409)
It really was my birthday yesterday.

:bday: :beer:

datlas 03-14-22 12:56 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22438799)
When I was growing up, the neighbors had a pool. There was a sign above the toilet int he pool house: "We aim to please! You aim too, please!"

Did they also have the "Wecome to our ool" sign? :innocent:

BillyD 03-14-22 01:02 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22438684)
It's called "hit the report button so a mod doesn't have to try and read your mind"

Amen. We canít possibly monitor every thread on these forums in real time, especially at this pay level. We rely heavily on reports.

Mojo31 03-14-22 01:04 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22438829)
Amen. We canít possibly monitor every thread on these forums in real time, especially at this pay level. We rely heavily on reports.

Slackers.

SMH

indyfabz 03-14-22 01:04 PM

lplo

LAJ 03-14-22 01:04 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22438829)
Amen. We canít possibly monitor every thread on these forums in real time, especially at this pay level. We rely heavily on reports.

I wouldn't be able to race my bicycle cycle if BF didn't compensate me generously.

LAJ 03-14-22 01:07 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22438832)
I wouldn't be able to race my bicycle cycle if BF didn't compensate me generously.

You typed that with a straight face?

genejockey 03-14-22 01:08 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22438821)
Did they also have the "Wecome to our ool" sign? :innocent:

No, thought I saw those later. That's where I came up with the "Welcome to our L" sign joke.

Mojo31 03-14-22 01:09 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22438838)
You typed that with a straight face?

I think the other guy typed that.

genejockey 03-14-22 01:10 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22438669)
Would love to see how that thing handles around the corners. Major weight redistribution there.

Porsche spent all that money putting the engine in the front for once, and some clown goes and moves it back.

LAJ 03-14-22 01:19 PM

Porsche Flight of the Day

Apologies if this has been here before, but I think it's awesome.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...020f34fd4c.png

bampilot06 03-14-22 01:24 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22438398)
I watched the documentary ďThe Game ChangersĒ last night. Iím now incredibly interested in going to a predominantly plant based diet.

It may be pseudoscience but interesting none-the-less


Made me want to do that too, but itís harder than I thought it would be.

phrantic09 03-14-22 01:27 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22438863)
Made me want to do that too, but itís harder than I thought it would be.

For me, hardest part is convincing myself I donít need 180g of protein a day.

I wouldnít go full vegan though

bampilot06 03-14-22 01:34 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22438866)
For me, hardest part is convincing myself I donít need 180g of protein a day.

I wouldnít go full vegan though


When I get to year two pay, I would like to try to eat that way when I am home. On the road, not economically possible for me.


With that being said, I donít eat a lot of red meat as it is. I canít remember the last time I cooked a steak.

datlas 03-14-22 01:37 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22438866)
For me, hardest part is convincing myself I donít need 180g of protein a day.

I wouldnít go full vegan though

You don't need 180g. Most people can get by with 0.8-1g protein/Kg body weight. And it's hard to NOT get that with a varied diet, vegan or otherwise.

phrantic09 03-14-22 01:39 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22438872)
When I get to year two pay, I would like to try to eat that way when I am home. On the road, not economically possible for me.


With that being said, I donít eat a lot of red meat as it is. I canít remember the last time I cooked a steak.


Iím a sucker for a good burger


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22438879)
You don't need 180g. Most people can get by with 0.8-1g protein/Kg body weight. And it's hard to NOT get that with a varied diet, vegan or otherwise.

Oh I know, itís way too much. Trying to slowly cut it down

seedsbelize2 03-14-22 01:42 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22438139)
I've been listening to a lot of Bonnie Raitt, I swear 1972 to 2012 her voice just got better. Just now noticed she had a 2016 release, so playing that now.

My favorite from her 2012 record: (such a good version of an awesome song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T_aMNbXVdA

I noticed the other day that Judy Collins's voice improved over the 1969 to 2016 periiod also.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.