Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

datlas 08-03-22 04:16 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22597626)

pass

ls01 08-03-22 04:24 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22595747)
I have a couple bolts that are a challenge to remove so I think I need a bolt extractor. These include the bolts to my cleats and the 4mm crankarm fixing bolts.

I don't see that Park Tools makes a bolt extractor. Any suggestions for a budget bolt extractor for bicycle-sized bolts?? Most of the ones on ScamBay seem to be designed for autos and are too big.

Try McMaster Carr or graingers.

gnome 08-03-22 04:25 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22597626)

eeewww. that's a hard nope.

Eric F 08-03-22 04:26 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22597626)

:wtf:

ls01 08-03-22 04:26 PM


Originally Posted by mvnsnd (Post 22595822)
Try a little of PB Blaster first. It should loosen almost any bolt before going to a bolt extractor. Let it do its thing overnight and maybe even a second application to really allow it to work down into the threads.

grainger.
Kroll. It's the oil that creeps

BillyD 08-03-22 04:30 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22597626)


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7ad48d1807.gif

Mojo31 08-03-22 04:34 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22597626)

Note to self - if a Philadelphia lawyer extends a dinner invitation, the answer is, “No thanks.”

DougRNS 08-03-22 04:53 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22597463)
I did not think today’s ride was hard, but even so, after lunch, I settled down to snuggle Jackie, and somehow fell asleep for a 30 minute nap. Mrs datlas took a picture so there is evidence:


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b879ea5a0.jpeg

you appear to have a smile on your face. Must be dreaming about the awesome Marigold jacket.

DougRNS 08-03-22 05:01 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b0884ab83a.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6030638f19.jpg
He's doing better than me.

indyfabz 08-03-22 05:22 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22597660)
Note to self - if a Philadelphia lawyer extends a dinner invitation, the answer is, “No thanks.”

I would not touch those things. According to the news story I saw, they are only available in retail stores in NYC. Otherwise, you have to order them.

And am I the only one who is reading a certain reference into the words on the container?

big john 08-03-22 05:39 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22597699)

And am I the only one who is reading a certain reference into the words on the container?

https://www.desiclik.com/images/P/tang-orange-01.jpg

Mojo31 08-03-22 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22597699)
I would not touch those things. According to the news story I saw, they are only available in retail stores in NYC. Otherwise, you have to order them.

And am I the only one who is reading a certain reference into the words on the container?

Nothing wrong with morning tang.

seedsbelize2 08-03-22 05:58 PM

All of Virginia that I've been to is lovely, except the east coast. My sis lives in Harrisonburg and a good friend lives just south of cho. I did sOTR twice and like the Lynchburg area too.

bampilot06 08-03-22 06:13 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c56481981.jpeg


Plan was to wax one of my chains today. Still in the process but after an hour in the pot the wax still looks like this.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e912af816.jpeg


I might have to abort.

rjones28 08-03-22 06:16 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22597582)
Sumpin like that, but legal.

Uh huh.

rjones28 08-03-22 06:19 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22597626)

Silly. Mustard is for pretzels.

seedsbelize2 08-03-22 06:36 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...19db33eca4.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3c241d348f.jpg
Rufus, on the right, is no longer with us. Quinto, on the left is now 14+. Maximo, above is 7ish. I'll see if I can find a pic of his sister, Hotdog. We saw Spot the other day.

seedsbelize2 08-03-22 06:42 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...31d1450dd7.jpg

Mojo31 08-03-22 06:45 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22597748)
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c56481981.jpeg


Plan was to wax one of my chains today. Still in the process but after an hour in the pot the wax still looks like this.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e912af816.jpeg


I might have to abort.

Did you turn it on?

seedsbelize2 08-03-22 06:49 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9ffd922825.jpg

seedsbelize2 08-03-22 06:51 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22597748)
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c56481981.jpeg


Plan was to wax one of my chains today. Still in the process but after an hour in the pot the wax still looks like this.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e912af816.jpeg


I might have to abort.

Is it plugged in?

bampilot06 08-03-22 06:52 PM

I stand corrected. Chain is now submerged in molten wax. How exciting. Did the cervelo tonight, if all goes well will do the madone tomorrow.

seedsbelize2 08-03-22 06:53 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22597720)
Nothing wrong with morning tang.

Family Forum
Reported

rjones28 08-03-22 07:11 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22597782)
Family Forum
Reported

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...e+children.jpg

Mojo31 08-03-22 07:21 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22597781)
I stand corrected. Chain is now submerged in molten wax. How exciting. Did the cervelo tonight, if all goes well will do the madone tomorrow.

Did you add PTFE?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.