Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=290)
-   -   Bike choice - Sirrux X4.0 or Canyon Pathlite 6.0 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249377)

billstewart 04-01-22 09:20 AM

Bike choice - Sirrux X4.0 or Canyon Pathlite 6.0

Hi all. I'm looking to purchase a new hybrid bike. Mainly ride roads and the occasional dirt path (no mountains here in Florida).

Finding options or anything to look at in person has been tough with very limited availability. However, I have the option of buying a new Specialized X 4.0 or a Canyon Pathlite 7.0. Both retail for U.S. $1,500. I think either will suit my needs but would appreciate some feedback from more knowledgeable bike people than me since there's no stock available locally to test ride.

The Pathlite seems to get better reviews and (maybe) have slightly better component parts but is heavier (26.54 lbs) due to its traditional carbon fork. The Sirrus is a little lighter (23.37 lbs) due to the Future Shock 1.5 - and maybe more attractive to my eyes - but there was a recall on it (apparently fixed) and seems to get more mixed reviews.

Would appreciate any suggestions if anyone is familiar with both models.

Cheers.

Mojo31 04-01-22 09:03 PM

Recall was only on 2020 models. Someone assembled the cranks wrong. Easy fix that can be done in five minutes.

I have a Sirrus 4.0. If you will be on roads/pavement more than gravel, I would give it some consideration. Same bike for the most part with a more road oriented drivetrain.

DorkDisk 04-02-22 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22458956)
Recall was only on 2020 models. Someone assembled the cranks wrong. Easy fix that can be done in five minutes.

Special Ed's QC issues have been extended a few years.

It's not a big issue, one that should not have occurred even once.

Mojo31 04-02-22 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by DorkDisk (Post 22459067)

Did not know.

badger1 04-02-22 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by DorkDisk (Post 22459067)

Agree completely -- shouldn't have happened and shouldn't still be an issue. Mine (2019 Sirrus X Carbon Comp [now the X 5, same bike]) was caught by the first recall. No big deal, but you are right.

OTOH, the Future Shock on mine (v.1.0) was also defective out of the box. Just to give Special Ed/my lbs their due, that was replaced under warranty, without question or charge, with a FS 2.0 (the fully hydraulic/adjustable one).

Mine also came stock with bottom-feeder Shimano BR/BL 201 brakes -- never worked well (noisy etc.) -- despite best efforts by both lbs and Special Ed. Anyway, after a looooooong wait (ordered February 2021) I finally have a full flat-mount XT brakeset installed, inc. rotors. What a difference!! I paid for this, but happy with the result.