Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Show us your Vintage Touring bikes (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=319254)

polymorphself 03-26-21 09:44 PM


Originally Posted by ctak (Post 21986981)
1985 Trek 720 test build, just in time for a long ride tomorrow

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2f06932dad.jpg

Holy smokes thatís a beautiful example.

gthomson 03-28-21 03:47 PM

I have made a few updates to my bike since I originally posted in the group last fall so wanted to post it again. Overall this bike is not a great bike but it shows well. I just have to work on a few things like find a better way to mount that front light.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ec6b7f9a41.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6977a15292.jpg

ctak 03-28-21 05:05 PM


Originally Posted by polymorphself (Post 21986988)
Holy smokes thatís a beautiful example.

Thanks! worked out pretty well for yesterday's 86 miler, though 38mm tires would have helped a lot in several areas with rough gravel

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cd6dc39fde.jpg

The Golden Boy 03-29-21 07:27 AM


Originally Posted by Hobbiano (Post 21986723)
They look just like the shifters on my '85 Miyata 610, which are Shimano L-412, And are part of the Light Action group I believe. They do have a ratcheting, not indexed, action kind of like some of the Suntour shifters. They are pretty nice.

Spring loaded like the old Shimano bar ends, but ratcheted like Suntour.

The Golden Boy 03-29-21 07:30 AM


Originally Posted by ctak (Post 21989259)
Thanks! worked out pretty well for yesterday's 86 miler, though 38mm tires would have helped a lot in several areas with rough gravel

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cd6dc39fde.jpg

I didnít see a build thread on this!!!

Dish!!!

ctak 04-02-21 04:38 PM


Originally Posted by The Golden Boy (Post 21989917)
I didnít see a build thread on this!!!

Dish!!!

Neglected to do so in my haste to finish the build in time for a ride.. but will take some pics soon

garryg 04-02-21 10:32 PM

$50 Apollo Club Tourer i picked up a few weeks ago
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0abda37e79.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9c03b57a25.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...388c421954.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e4f7b7a454.jpg

BikeTales 04-03-21 01:48 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...906208c96e.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4baf739a3b.jpg
My 86 Miyata Six Ten
Pardon the angles, I was excited about my new old bags.
2x8 speed with 48/34 chain rings.

Korina 04-04-21 02:37 PM


Originally Posted by BikeTales (Post 21998706)

My 86 Miyata Six Ten
Pardon the angles, I was excited about my new old bags.
2x8 speed with 48/34 chain rings.

Gorgeous build, and where did you find those bags?!?

BikeTales 04-05-21 09:25 AM


Originally Posted by Korina (Post 21999972)
Gorgeous build, and where did you find those bags?!?

From a bike friend I often trade with. I don't know where she got them!

mercator 04-11-21 05:15 PM

1985 Miyata 1000
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5f580a2f8c.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d44ab3f842.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5636743dbb.jpg

fabiofarelli 04-17-21 09:20 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d1912680aa.jpg

gthomson 04-18-21 08:04 AM

Awesome, that light looks pretty serious! can I see another picture of it?

fabiofarelli 04-18-21 10:37 AM


Originally Posted by gthomson (Post 22020043)
Awesome, that light looks pretty serious! can I see another picture of it?

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ce22d0b1a6.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4ee6dd7821.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f87a2baeee.jpg
Not that old, I guess 15-20 years. Same brand dynamo on the rim.

Londonsworld 04-23-21 03:38 PM

Sweet looking machine!

Cycle Tourist 04-24-21 05:53 PM

Cannondale '85
 
Just finished rebuilding this one. Miraculously the Huret Dunapar works with Shimano indexing barends. I had planned to use a xt for the indexing but it wasn't needed.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7f476bc7ce.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...99df255b5a.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...afcf41c13c.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b5ab169ec2.jpg

OutnBack 04-24-21 06:02 PM


Originally Posted by Cycle Tourist (Post 22029874)
Just finished rebuilding this one. Miraculously the Huret Dunapar works with Shimano indexing barends. I had planned to use a xt for the indexing but it wasn't needed.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7f476bc7ce.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...99df255b5a.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...afcf41c13c.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b5ab169ec2.jpg

That turned out exceptional. Great job!

thook 04-24-21 09:03 PM


Originally Posted by Cycle Tourist (Post 22029874)
Just finished rebuilding this one. Miraculously the Huret Dunapar works with Shimano indexing barends. I had planned to use a xt for the indexing but it wasn't needed.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7f476bc7ce.jpg


i second the turning out exceptional!!

Cycle Tourist is that the Eco duopar or the titanium version? i'm also wondering if those pivot bolt caps are acquirable. any idea? did yours come with it?

Gold Country 04-24-21 10:12 PM

Some really interesting bikes here!

bicyclegirl1961 04-25-21 09:54 AM

My 1986 Royce Union 12 speed with Peugeot decals
 
I didn't like that my 1986 Royce Union 12 speed was all black when I bought it new so I went to a bike shop and bought Peugeot decals.



https://f.eu1.jwwb.nl/public/x/f/i/t...2847072640.jpg

Cycle Tourist 04-25-21 10:59 PM


Originally Posted by thook (Post 22030104)
i second the turning out exceptional!!

Cycle Tourist is that the Eco duopar or the titanium version? i'm also wondering if those pivot bolt caps are acquirable. any idea? did yours come with it?

I don't think it was the titanium derailleur. The pivot bolt cap came with it. There awful easy to lose though.

thook 04-25-21 11:04 PM


Originally Posted by Cycle Tourist (Post 22031554)
I don't think it was the titanium derailleur. The calipers came without hardware. They're just standard pinch bolts with washers to make them flush fit.

thanks, but i wasn't asking about the calipers...just the derailleur and that plastic cover over the securing/pivot bolt at the hanger.

i looked on ebay for the covers i'm asking about and there's two or three eco duopars that are advertised as coming off a 720. so, yeah....very likely yours is also the eco version. i was just curious. i have an eco and thought it'd be nice to have that cover. no biggie, though. thanks, again!

edit: lol....you edited!

daka 04-25-21 11:18 PM

You can tell the Titanium Duopars from the steel Ecos by the cable housing stop on the derailleur. The Ti version has a threaded adjustor, the Eco does not. From time to time you will see the plastic trim piece available on eBay, seldom at a reasonable price.

thook 04-25-21 11:45 PM


Originally Posted by daka (Post 22031569)
You can tell the Titanium Duopars from the steel Ecos by the cable housing stop on the derailleur. The Ti version has a threaded adjustor, the Eco does not. From time to time you will see the plastic trim piece available on eBay, seldom at a reasonable price.

Ah! thanks!

The Golden Boy 04-26-21 08:00 AM

My Trek 620 with the Eco didn't have the cover on, but my 720 with the Titanium did:

https://live.staticflickr.com/4605/2...f111807d_h.jpgSachs/Huret Duopar by Dave The Golden Boy, on Flickr


https://live.staticflickr.com/4614/3...43f25ba4_h.jpgSachs/Huret Duopar by Dave The Golden Boy, on Flickr


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.