Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVI (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1184878)

datlas 12-01-19 10:14 AM

Back home, finally. Busy day at work tomorrow. I feel a little fuzzy-headed from the jet lag and travel, hopeful one day of rest will allow me to hit the ground running tomorrow.

Did I miss much while I was gone?

kissTheApex 12-01-19 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21228988)
Back home, finally. Busy day at work tomorrow. I feel a little fuzzy-headed from the jet lag and travel, hopeful one day of rest will allow me to hit the ground running tomorrow.

welcome back.

you didnt miss much, ***** weather, too much thanksgiving food, and all around general discontent. Tis the season after all.

MoAlpha 12-01-19 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21228988)

Nope. Any more squeezes?

BillyD 12-01-19 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21228663)
I put the last of the Thanksgiving Cool Whip on a stroopwafel and declared Thanksgiving 2019 complete and in the books

No leftovers?

rjones28 12-01-19 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21228915)
I managed to get 90% of the new bike put together and somewhat functioning over the holiday weekend. Still have to shorten connect and bleed the brake hoses, center the calipers, wrap the bars. (White of course, because so pro).
This electronicle shifting voodoo is kinda neat. Still playing with adjustments and tweaking. Can't wait to ride it outside.

:thumb:

ls01 12-01-19 01:13 PM

There was some cake, and a mention of pie. Some medical discussions of particular ailments. Welcome back

datlas 12-01-19 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21229148)
Nope. Any more squeezes?

Thank gooodness, no. On the descents into London and JFK, I was keeping my fingers crossed. That was painful. I don't want one ever again. I don't know how the pain of this relates to the pain of a migraine, but in any case it was really bad for a few minutes. So grateful it did not happen again.

LAJ 12-01-19 01:38 PM

I'm sorry to hear, WhyFi. Hopefully the holiday seasons don't turn sour anymore.

For me, when in doubt, hang more lights.

datlas 12-01-19 01:39 PM

I was thinking it's close to time to renew my Zwift account. I logged in and saw I have 25 free Km! :bday:

Now all I need is some initiative to go and actually get on the trainer. Maybe later.

LAJ 12-01-19 02:00 PM

Last day of a three week block. Low cadence Strength and Endurance on the trainer is hard, especially after weights in the am. Instead of two straight days of SE, it was changed to 4x2' x4 at 125% with 1' rest between the 2'. I would rather do the 5x15' 91%@40-50 cadence, to be honest.

datlas 12-01-19 02:04 PM

What's the deal with the fat Lampre guy? He is no longer welcome on BF? Does that mean we can't post his pic, similar to the infamous Polish Team pic??

MoAlpha 12-01-19 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21229176)
Thank gooodness, no. On the descents into London and JFK, I was keeping my fingers crossed. That was painful. I don't want one ever again. I don't know how the pain of this relates to the pain of a migraine, but in any case it was really bad for a few minutes. So grateful it did not happen again.

Migraine is not in the same league at all. Maybe cluster. People have been known to kill themselves during attacks, but sinus squeeze is about the worst acute pain Ive ever experienced.

datlas 12-01-19 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21229236)
Migraine is not in the same league at all. Maybe cluster. People have been known to kill themselves during attacks, but sinus squeeze is about the worst acute pain I’ve ever experienced.

I would agree it's possibly the worst non-surgical induced pain I ever had. But I suspect acute kidney stone or other maladies could be even worse. That's why I rated it 9/10.

The pain scale is really stupid, btw, but that's another topic for another day.

MoAlpha 12-01-19 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21229241)
I would agree it's possibly the worst non-surgical induced pain I ever had. But I suspect acute kidney stone or other maladies could be even worse. That's why I rated it 9/10.

Pain intensity has to be integrated over time to get the true misery parameter. Herniated disc is no fun either.

datlas 12-01-19 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21229248)
Pain intensity has to be integrated over time to get the true misery parameter. Herniated disc is no fun either.

Agree. But I have seen patients who claim 10/10 pain and are clearly only in minor discomfort. And I have seen patients who are clearly in significant discomfort who say the pain is not severe. Pain is so subjective. That's why the whole "Pain is the 5th Vital Sign*" mandate was such fail.

* brought to you by Purdue Pharma. Sad!

Pirkaus 12-01-19 02:35 PM

Broken ribs are no picnic either, says the voice of bitter experience.

sfrider 12-01-19 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21229236)
Migraine is not in the same league at all. Maybe cluster. People have been known to kill themselves during attacks, but sinus squeeze is about the worst acute pain Ive ever experienced.

It'll make you tired, but I always pack Benadryl. I hate landing with a cold, but Benadryl makes it manageable. (Sudafed probably works too, but it gives me heart palpitations.)

ls01 12-01-19 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pirkaus (Post 21229257)
Broken ribs are no picnic either, says the voice of bitter experience.

Amen brother, Amen

BillyD 12-01-19 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21229241)

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21229248)

No mention of childbirth as a contender? Not that youse would know personally, but weve all heard stories. Tsk tsk tsk.

MoAlpha 12-01-19 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21229270)
No mention of childbirth as a contender? Not that youse would know personally, but weve all heard stories. Tsk tsk tsk.

Mitigated by a hormonal state, which promotes forgetting (progesterone) and warm fuzzy feelings (oxytocin), or theyd never volunteer twice. I describe the sensation of having my L3 root mooshed as being like my leg having a baby.

Jack Tone 12-01-19 03:10 PM

I think I've had about everything listed above (edit: except childbirth), but the most pain that I can recall now is a kidney stone leaving the kidney, and walking barefoot through a stream of snow melt.

Trsnrtr 12-01-19 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21229152)
No leftovers?

Nope, we had our family dinner in a restaurant but we did have pies afterwards at our house for everyone. Thus the Cool Whip.

Trsnrtr 12-01-19 04:57 PM

You people are wusses. :innocent:

rjones28 12-01-19 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21229411)

Oh?

MoAlpha 12-01-19 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21229411)

Ill cop to that any day of the week.