Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

BillyD 01-01-22 10:59 AM

Addiction 2022.1
 
Happy New Year!


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22358022)
Last year by this time we had already had a nor'easter, December 17. Venus had a ball romping in the snow for the first time.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...109b4686e6.png

This year we've had 1.5 inches at best.


datlas 01-01-22 11:34 AM

Hi! What’s this thread about?

LAJ 01-01-22 11:44 AM

It's 6, but the good news is: It feels like 11 (Real Money F not C)

rjones28 01-01-22 11:49 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22358073)
Hi! What’s this thread about?

Warmth.

Velo Vol 01-01-22 11:49 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22358087)
It's 6, but the good news is: It feels like 11 (Real Money F not C)

Six what?

LAJ 01-01-22 11:57 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22358095)
Six what?

Six is a touchdown without the extra point. It's rare it feels like 11 though.

Velo Vol 01-01-22 12:32 PM

Would be a great day for a cycling activity. Sadly the Tennessee Valley has become a wind tunnel, again.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...efc5452f3f.png

seedsbelize2 01-01-22 12:46 PM

No podium but top ten.

seedsbelize2 01-01-22 12:47 PM

Mojo31 Once I'm finished with the color coats and moving to clear coat, do I want those to all melt together too. Color melted to clear?

seedsbelize2 01-01-22 12:51 PM

I will admit to deciding to just go with what I've got, but what the hay?. It's already torn down. I'm seriously thinking of painting it, this time, in the work stand. A big part of my problem is trying to do it hanging from that wire. I could smear the stand with Vaseline to protect it from the paint.

seedsbelize2 01-01-22 12:56 PM

It is unlikely that I will ride today. Too hot(Year without Winter). I am undecided whether or not to keep track of my mileage this year; likely not. I ride because I enjoy it; not to prove.anything. I'm effectively 70 years old. What have I got to prove? I do plan to do more off road this year though.

seedsbelize2 01-01-22 01:10 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22358042)
Happy New Year!

Hard to beat dogs and snow. Sand is good too

DougRNS 01-01-22 01:13 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5e3e922444.jpg
Same walk as last week, I forgot to turn on the Garmin at the start. 3.5 miles 3.3 mph average which was up a tick from last week. Very warm today. At least I was able to do it with only moderate pain in my left foot.

Velo Vol 01-01-22 01:21 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22358194)

Do you have gusting winds there? Or is nature targeting me and my cycling?

LesterOfPuppets 01-01-22 01:32 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22358205)
Do you have gusting winds there? Or is nature targeting me and my cycling?


Could be worse
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...13bdbf3dac.png

DougRNS 01-01-22 01:34 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22358205)
Do you have gusting winds there? Or is nature targeting me and my cycling?

draw your own conclusions.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0c26b65f27.jpg

Velo Vol 01-01-22 01:37 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22358217)
draw your own conclusions.

Conclusion: Nature hates me.

ls01 01-01-22 01:43 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22358168)
I will admit to deciding to just go with what I've got, but what the hay?. It's already torn down. I'm seriously thinking of painting it, this time, in the work stand. A big part of my problem is trying to do it hanging from that wire. I could smear the stand with Vaseline to protect it from the paint.

wrap it in an old sheet or plastic visqueen before you put the bike in it.

BillyD 01-01-22 02:50 PM

Leftovers for lunch. Yum!

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b0120075e.jpeg

Trsnrtr 01-01-22 02:53 PM

Out my front window. Supposed to end overnight when the deep freeze and winds show up. Happy New Year!



https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ea8855bf1.jpeg

Velo Vol 01-01-22 02:59 PM

:foo:

MoAlpha 01-01-22 03:00 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22358289)
Out my front window. Supposed to end overnight when the deep freeze and winds show up. Happy New Year!



https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ea8855bf1.jpeg

Ugly! We don’t get that front for 24 hrs and there might be a weather window for riding tomorrow.

BillyD 01-01-22 03:18 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22358289)
Out my front window. Supposed to end overnight when the deep freeze and winds show up. Happy New Year!



https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ea8855bf1.jpeg

Nice!

Mojo31 01-01-22 03:24 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22358160)
Mojo31 Once I'm finished with the color coats and moving to clear coat, do I want those to all melt together too. Color melted to clear?

Wait about 30. minutes after color to apply clear. Apply clear coats about 10 minutes apart.

Mojo31 01-01-22 03:25 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22358168)
I will admit to deciding to just go with what I've got, but what the hay?. It's already torn down. I'm seriously thinking of painting it, this time, in the work stand. A big part of my problem is trying to do it hanging from that wire. I could smear the stand with Vaseline to protect it from the paint.

Masking tape the stand. Much easier to remove the tape.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.