Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Velo Vol 12-02-21 02:34 PM

Maybe we should just stick to maps of the day.

Eric F 12-02-21 02:40 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22326931)
Taco cat.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...N7B20&usqp=CAU

Eric F 12-02-21 02:40 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22326939)
Maybe we should just stick to maps of the day.

Yawn.

Eric F 12-02-21 02:43 PM

In the days when I was into recording music, I always wanted one of these in my rack...

http://musicplayers.com/wp-content/u...ndrometer2.jpg

DougRNS 12-02-21 02:48 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22326948)
In the days when I was into recording music, I always wanted one of these in my rack...

http://musicplayers.com/wp-content/u...ndrometer2.jpg

Nice rack.

bampilot06 12-02-21 03:06 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22326799)
The fact that it's only a problem on one bike and not the other obviously screams "Fit Issue". I'm curious what, though.

Also, off topic, but someone, probably a vendor, left us with cookies and cupcakes in the break room, the heartless bastards.


I agree but weird after 5000 miles it shows itís ugly head.

bampilot06 12-02-21 03:09 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22326817)
I counted the emails on Black Friday - 263 "deal" emails that I deleted.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...57f17ee2a8.png

I gave up on deleting emails 2 months ago.

bampilot06 12-02-21 03:12 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22326858)
Well, it was brought about by time on the trainer and that's the only bike of the two that's seen significant time on the trainer, IIRC; he's got several thousand trouble-free outdoor miles on that same bike. Trainers are a great litmus test for fit, and there's no guarantee that putting the Madone on the trainer would be happy good times, though that might be something worth trying after a bit of time off.


Ritchey is on it now. Discomfort was present but the pain wasnít there like on the C2.


I still plan on selling the C2 and getting the Emonda or CAAD13. I want to stick with trek but I donít like the relaxed geometry the AL5 emonda has.

bampilot06 12-02-21 03:15 PM

One last thing.

Im using my new shoes on the madone. When I was in Dallas I brought my spares which are too big on me. Still should not make all that much of a difference. The old shoes were all I had for the last year and again no problems.

Madone is going to the shop on Monday for the new cockpit so Iíll ride the c2 on Tuesday with the new shoes. Maybe all my problems will be solved.

rjones28 12-02-21 03:16 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22326939)
Maybe we should just stick to maps of the day.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f8ccff76f2.png

phrantic09 12-02-21 03:25 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22326770)
Running is stupid.

As my father-in-law would say. Fake news

phrantic09 12-02-21 03:26 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22326982)
Ritchey is on it now. Discomfort was present but the pain wasnít there like on the C2.


I still plan on selling the C2 and getting the Emonda or CAAD13. I want to stick with trek but I donít like the relaxed geometry the AL5 emonda has.

FWIW- Iím sure a fit will sort you out, it did for me.

phrantic09 12-02-21 03:27 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22326979)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...57f17ee2a8.png

I gave up on deleting emails 2 months ago.

OMG that makes me itch.

Velo Vol 12-02-21 03:28 PM

I rode to the office today to see if I've still got it (I do), but now I have to ride home into a headwind, the setting sun, with the 4/5 p.m. maniac traffic.

Hoo boy.

genejockey 12-02-21 03:40 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22326997)
I rode to the office today to see if I've still got it (I do), but now I have to ride home into a headwind, the setting sun, with the 4/5 p.m. maniac traffic.

Hoo boy.

Will you still have it when you get home? Or will you have lost it somewhere along the way? Will you need to take a flashlight to go look for it?

bampilot06 12-02-21 03:48 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22326997)
I rode to the office today to see if I've still got it (I do), but now I have to ride home into a headwind, the setting sun, with the 4/5 p.m. maniac traffic.

Hoo boy.


you forgot to add, you donít use lights.

indyfabz 12-02-21 04:16 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...91b9bc3d4.jpeg

MoAlpha 12-02-21 04:22 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22326749)
This article says the term is used to describe cartilage damage under the kneecap. So, not tendonitis.
Guide To Treating Chondromalacia Patella Effectively - HealthPrep.com

Korekt.

MoAlpha 12-02-21 04:29 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22326997)
I rode to the office today to see if I've still got it (I do), but now I have to ride home into a headwind, the setting sun, with the 4/5 p.m. maniac traffic.

Hoo boy.

Rode with five other guys at 1430 hrs today. Traffic was building, not heavy, but a few drivers made moderately serious attempts to kill us just because 3 pm.

Trsnrtr 12-02-21 04:43 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22326773)
Maybe it's Pilot's Knee and not Runner's Knee? :innocent:

Quality.

Seriously, though, back in the muscle car days, I could get a lot of knee pain from those massive clutch springs.

Trsnrtr 12-02-21 04:46 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22326785)
Another positive COVID test here in my NJ office. I am glad I am only here 2 days/week. Booster shot tomorrow afternoon.

A friend's wife just tested positive and she was vaccinated but I don't know if she had a booster.

Trsnrtr 12-02-21 04:46 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22326810)
In other news you didn't care about, my email inbox is besieged with notices of sales at every single damn supplier of bicycle goods from whom I've ever bought.

Same... and medicare crap, too.

Eric F 12-02-21 04:55 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22327059)
Quality.

Seriously, though, back in the muscle car days, I could get a lot of knee pain from those massive clutch springs.

You could always tell who the serious muscle car guys were by their giant left quad.

Velo Vol 12-02-21 05:40 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22326997)
maniac traffic.

Case in point: I stopped at a red light behind a vehicle from Cobb County, GA. Its radio was playing at an annoyingly loud level. (photo unavailable)

bampilot06 12-02-21 06:00 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22327100)
Case in point: I stopped at a red light behind a vehicle from Cobb County, GA. Its radio was playing at an annoyingly loud level. (photo unavailable)


Did you get honked at?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.