Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

big john 03-26-22 06:16 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22451754)
I just walked passed Tex Cobb. He said hi.

He's pretty funny sometimes. The fight with Larry Holmes was one of the worst heavyweight fights I ever saw. The ref wouldn't stop it and Holmes just kept beating on Cobb. I think that's the fight that made Howard Cosell quit working fights.

big john 03-26-22 06:29 PM

We did 72 miles today. Started with a big group and split a couple times until there were just 4 of us. After we ate I ran over a staple and flatted. Then my inflator blew up so I had to use the mini pump but I couldn't seem to get enough pressure and the stem leaked after I took the pump off. So I rode for several miles with the rear tire bouncing and squirming. We stopped for water and I pumped it up some more and it leaked again before I could tighten the core nut. Weird.

datlas 03-26-22 06:51 PM

We had 2 flats on today’s ride. The first was apparently a leaky valve on a guy running tubeless. The second happened when we had a surprise rock field, one of the guys hit a golfball size rock and had a blowout flat on the front. I was a few riders back but to me, it sounded like a lightbulb breaking. He ended up having to boot the cut and limp home.

Mojo31 03-26-22 08:12 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22451749)
Nah. SwimmerMike saw him, too.

Sounds like a well orchestrated conspiracy.

LesterOfPuppets 03-26-22 09:04 PM

ATTN: bampilot06 , 737 job opportunity in the GREAT WHITE NORTH !!!


genejockey 03-26-22 09:07 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22451897)
Sounds like a well orchestrated conspiracy.

Nonsense! I can't read music at all.

LesterOfPuppets 03-26-22 09:58 PM

Ol' skool race photog pic of the day:

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...Hw&oe=6245AF13

indyfabz 03-26-22 10:09 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22451804)
He's pretty funny sometimes. The fight with Larry Holmes was one of the worst heavyweight fights I ever saw. The ref wouldn't stop it and Holmes just kept beating on Cobb. I think that's the fight that made Howard Cosell quit working fights.

That is what Cosell claimed. Tex joked that he thought the fight was 18 rounds and he was waiting for Holmes to get tired.

Tex has been living in Philly for a long time. I would occasionally see him, but hadnít seen him in a while. Sadly, he looks broken. He was bent forward and shuffling along in a bike lane, presumably to avoid uneven sidewalks. This is a guy who was an nth degree black belt in some discipline.

LesterOfPuppets 03-26-22 10:31 PM

Train pic of the day. Vancouver, USA. On this date in 2015.

It was pretty awesome hearing/feeling that 8-unit lashup approach from behind...
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c637eb6663.png

big john 03-26-22 10:59 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22451970)
That is what Cosell claimed. Tex joked that he thought the fight was 18 rounds and he was waiting for Holmes to get tired.

Tex has been living in Philly for a long time. I would occasionally see him, but hadnít seen him in a while. Sadly, he looks broken. He was bent forward and shuffling along in a bike lane, presumably to avoid uneven sidewalks. This is a guy who was an nth degree black belt in some discipline.

Holmes isn't too far from there, is he?

I think Cobb was involved in some other MMA or something after he left boxing. I remember when he was on Miami Vice and I think some bad guys force fed him a hot load and OD'd him.

indyfabz 03-26-22 11:04 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22451988)
Holmes isn't too far from there, is he?.

Holmes is from Easton, PA. Maybe 1.5 hr. drive from Philly. Spent a night there last September during a bike tour from northern Vermont home to Philly.

indyfabz 03-26-22 11:07 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22451979)
Train pic of the day. Vancouver, USA. On this date in 2015.

It was pretty awesome hearing/feeling that 8-unit lashup approach from behind...
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c637eb6663.png

How did CSX sneak in there?

phrantic09 03-27-22 05:05 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22451731)
Interesting.

More likely to die walking or in a car than on a bike:


https://blog.timesunion.com/healthca...of-dying/2515/

Questionable source with the TU


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22451760)
Simple as that.

I hope things go well for them.

Same

phrantic09 03-27-22 05:13 AM

Today was tricky

Wordle 281 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 03-27-22 05:29 AM

Took me 4 tries today too. But that’s typical for me.

#average

Trsnrtr 03-27-22 05:46 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22452044)
Today was tricky

Wordle 281 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Very tricky.

Wordle 281 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bah Humbug 03-27-22 05:55 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22452044)
Today was tricky

Wordle 281 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

No kidding.

Wordle 281 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 03-27-22 07:00 AM

Played at midnight.

Wordle 281 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ofajen 03-27-22 07:25 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22452046)
Took me 4 tries today too. But thatís typical for me.

#average

I play to get it in four and that happens about half the time.

Wordle 281 4/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


Otto

Mojo31 03-27-22 07:34 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22452042)
Questionable source with the TU



Same

Im trying to convince my wife to ride on the street. Shhhh.

DougRNS 03-27-22 07:35 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22452054)
No kidding.

Wordle 281 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Old school

Mojo31 03-27-22 07:53 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22452054)
No kidding.

Wordle 281 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

How did you go from knowing the middle letter only to solving?

Wordle 281 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LAJ 03-27-22 08:55 AM

I was totally lost after guess three

Wordle 281 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LesterOfPuppets 03-27-22 09:03 AM

I probably spent half an hour formulating my third guess.

Wordle 281 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LesterOfPuppets 03-27-22 09:11 AM

Suspension handlebars : it's about time :)

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...pA&oe=6244C0CB


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.