Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Velo Vol 07-13-21 01:48 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22139339)
you might be on to something! I could have 3 wheat with some mustard for lunch. Only 360 calories. I might need to do that asap since I'm getting hefty.

In other news I walked .7 miles today. I should have put it on my Garmin. Pain was tolerable 3 ish.

No wonder you've got so many issues.

indyfabz 07-13-21 05:59 AM

Prez in town today. Far enough away from the office that it should not cause disruption.

rjones28 07-13-21 06:07 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22139405)
Velo Vol in the basement wearing a hoodie, drinking Mountain Dew.

Prolly

indyfabz 07-13-21 06:13 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22139183)
Maybe you had been drugged.

I blame the Vol. :innocent:

Velo Vol 07-13-21 07:02 AM

Now what?

Mojo31 07-13-21 07:21 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22139669)
I blame the Vol. :innocent:

Goes without saying.

big john 07-13-21 07:23 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22139515)
The black plastic Zefal doohickeys? I've had a couple of those.

There's also the C&V approved clamp on pegs:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Sr8AA...L40/s-l400.jpg

I'm ok with the pump on the seat tube though.

Yes, the plastic one. At least it didn't scratch the frame.

BillyD 07-13-21 07:31 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22139393)
I think you may have been hacked by Velo Vol

Yeah, looks like itís spreading. We may all have to mask up.

rjones28 07-13-21 07:37 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22139752)
Yeah, looks like itís spreading. We may all have to mask up.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...aedb1cc208.png

ls01 07-13-21 07:52 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22138423)
Have you tried turning it off and on, again?

Lol. I wasn't going to swallow that coffee anyways...

WhyFi 07-13-21 07:53 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22139762)

The other day, I saw a cyclist wearing a feather-frilled, Mardi Gras-type mask; I figured that he'd misunderstood the memo.

WhyFi 07-13-21 07:58 AM

I don't get to Trader Joe's as often as I used to, and when I do, it's often just in-and-out for a few key things, so I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled across their TimTam imposter for the first time, yesterday. They're not quite TimTams, but they're good, they're available, and can fulfill the TimTam Slam.

The box is halfway gone, now. I'll have to go back for more. :D

ls01 07-13-21 08:03 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22138611)
My Dad showed Fred Rogers how applesauce is made.

Seriously! "Mister Rogers Neighborhood" was filmed in Pittsburgh, and of course the plant where Dad worked is also in PA - though its about a 4 hour drive. And the company decided Dad would be their best spokesman to show Mister Rogers how applesauce is made. So Dad was on Mister Rogers, back in about 1984.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f200284f28.jpg

That's Awesome

ls01 07-13-21 08:07 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22138676)
No. Maybe I'm reading it wrong or just don't understand your shtick.

Probably more about where the shtick is lodged...

ls01 07-13-21 08:14 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22138875)
It goes without saying the chocolate thing is a huge loss for you, even more so than the melons.

Oh I don't know, when I was younger man I had a thing for chocolate covered mellons.....brb.

Velo Vol 07-13-21 08:15 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22138676)
No. Maybe I'm reading it wrong or just don't understand your shtick.

Reminder:

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22030553)
People here don't get it.


ls01 07-13-21 08:19 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22139004)
Pulled the crank, wiped stuff off, squirted grease at random, reassembled it. Noise is gone, at least for up the street and back, it damned if I know what it was.

:eek:

ls01 07-13-21 08:38 AM

I spent half the day yesterday using a hard landscaping rake to destroy my back by regrading all the new dirt in the front yard that was displaced by 3 days of rain. I also seeded the new soil for grass. Only to wake up to the sound of rain on the roof.

genejockey 07-13-21 08:46 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22139004)
Pulled the crank, wiped stuff off, squirted grease at random, reassembled it. Noise is gone, at least for up the street and back, it damned if I know what it was.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f8621f4ead.jpg

ls01 07-13-21 08:46 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22139849)
I spent half the day yesterday using a hard landscaping rake to destroy my back by regrading all the new dirt in the front yard that was displaced by 3 days of rain. I also seeded the new soil for grass. Only to wake up to the sound of rain on the roof.

You also cleaned out the gutters.

phrantic09 07-13-21 09:05 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22139790)
I don't get to Trader Joe's as often as I used to, and when I do, it's often just in-and-out for a few key things, so I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled across their TimTam imposter for the first time, yesterday. They're not quite TimTams, but they're good, they're available, and can fulfill the TimTam Slam.

The box is halfway gone, now. I'll have to go back for more. :D

I avoid TJ's like the plague. It's a total S-Show here.

sshakari 07-13-21 09:17 AM

On my 30th day without caffeine and no alcohol.
First 2 weeks without coffee was the worst time in my life. Coffee is the toughest habit to kick both mentally and physically. Anyone else?

LAJ 07-13-21 09:28 AM


Originally Posted by sshakari (Post 22139898)
On my 30th day without caffeine and no alcohol.
First 2 weeks without coffee was the worst time in my life. Coffee is the toughest habit to kick both mentally and physically. Anyone else?

I have no reason to stop drinking coffee.

Define toughest.....

sshakari 07-13-21 09:39 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22139914)
I have no reason to stop drinking coffee.

Define toughest.....

Huge migraines, flu-like symptoms, extremely irritable. I've been drinking it for almost 40 years daily. Coffee has been the toughest to stop. These symptoms could also be because I quit drinking alcohol at the same time.

Now, I feel more awake and refreshed in the morning and don't think about drinking coffee. All of this started with a weekly 36 hour fast.

Velo Vol 07-13-21 09:56 AM


Originally Posted by sshakari (Post 22139898)
On my 30th day without caffeine and no alcohol.
First 2 weeks without coffee was the worst time in my life. Coffee is the toughest habit to kick both mentally and physically. Anyone else?

I haven't had it in years.

No problemo.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.