Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

phrantic09 04-27-22 12:16 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22486458)
Your going to be on the podium on no time.



Weather report, hot and sticky in jacksonville.

Mild and windy here

genejockey 04-27-22 12:20 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22486515)
Maybe that's its final resting place?

You're joking. That's a Camry. They run forever. After the Nuclear Apocalypse, the cockroaches will be driving them.

datlas 04-27-22 12:30 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22486528)
What about five minutes?

Thatís pushing it. No.

datlas 04-27-22 12:31 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22486534)
You're joking. That's a Camry. They run forever. After the Nuclear Apocalypse, the cockroaches will be driving them.

Saturns last longer IMHO. :innocent:

Mojo31 04-27-22 12:34 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22486458)
Your going to be on the podium on no time.



Weather report, hot and sticky in jacksonville.

That'll be a podium of one.

Velo Vol 04-27-22 12:43 PM

Poor LesterOfPuppets


Bah Humbug 04-27-22 12:50 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22486574)

Blatant trolling for responses. Literally asking for feedbackÖ and putting UT on Texas.

Velo Vol 04-27-22 01:00 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22486583)
Blatant trolling for responses. Literally asking for feedbackÖ and putting UT on Texas.

If this is accurate Texas is more like little little brother.


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7c1bb2a97.jpeg

WhyFi 04-27-22 01:03 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22486574)


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22486583)
Blatant trolling for responses. Literally asking for feedback… and putting UT on Texas.

What is this even supposed to mean - that these are the disrespected 2nd fiddles to another school within the state? The U of MN is, far and away, the largest school in MN, so I don't know the implication of declaring them the Little Brother.

Mojo31 04-27-22 01:05 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22486557)
Saturns last longer IMHO. :innocent:

Unfortunately for some.

genejockey 04-27-22 01:07 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22486557)
Saturns last longer IMHO. :innocent:

My sister traded in her much-loved Saturn SUV a couple years back with over 200K miles on it. She'd drive it from VA Beach to PA and back multiple times during Dad's last years. Last week, she saw it again, in the church parking lot. It just keeps going and going and going.....

Bah Humbug 04-27-22 01:13 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22486595)
If this is accurate Texas is more like little little brother.


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22486596)
What is this even supposed to mean - that these are the disrespected 2nd fiddles to another school within the state? The U of MN is, far and away, the largest school in MN, so I don't know the implication of declaring them the Little Brother.

Well exactly. And making it about ďmost winsĒ is missing the point (other than blatant trolling). UT is king here. If youíre in Texas, and arenít aiming for an out-of-state school, the only reason you donít try for UT is if youíre close to one of the others or have family that went there. My coworkers in Dallas, if they can, send their kids to UT. From a northeast perspective, UT is insanely hard to get into for a state school as a result.

Football wise, yes, itís rough. But kids here donít dream of being Aggies. When I drive to CO the rural towns arenít filled with Red Raider logos except for a tight circle around Lubbock.

And donít accuse me of being a homer - not my school, not my team, soon to not be my home. But UT is king without question.

Again, the real point is to get Longhorn Nation riled up on Twitter to boost BSU.

Mojo31 04-27-22 01:13 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22486596)
What is this even supposed to mean - that these are the disrespected 2nd fiddles to another school within the state? The U of MN is, far and away, the largest school in MN, so I don't know the implication of declaring them the Little Brother.

VV is just one of those "people here don't get it."

Bah Humbug 04-27-22 01:16 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22486602)
My sister traded in her much-loved Saturn SUV a couple years back with over 200K miles on it. She'd drive it from VA Beach to PA and back multiple times during Dad's last years. Last week, she saw it again, in the church parking lot. It just keeps going and going and going.....

The Vue. Thatís not even a real Saturn, just a bog-standard GM. Though those are in general not credited for how long theyíll stay on the road if you really want to keep them going.

Mojo31 04-27-22 01:18 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22486609)
Well exactly. And making it about ďmost winsĒ is missing the point (other than blatant trolling). UT is king here. If youíre in Texas, and arenít aiming for an out-of-state school, the only reason you donít try for UT is if youíre close to one of the others or have family that went there. My coworkers in Dallas, if they can, send their kids to UT. From a northeast perspective, UT is insanely hard to get into for a state school as a result.

Football wise, yes, itís rough. But kids here donít dream of being Aggies. When I drive to CO the rural towns arenít filled with Red Raider logos except for a tight circle around Lubbock.

And donít accuse me of being a homer - not my school, not my team, soon to not be my home. But UT is king without question.

Again, the real point is to get Longhorn Nation riled up on Twitter to boost BSU.

Agreed. The only people who don't try to get into UT if you live in this state are those who don't graduate in the top of their class or have other credentials that make them an exception to the "top 6 automatic acceptance."

The state as a whole has a number of fantastic universities. There is no rush of people trying to attend collect out of state. Most people who want to go elsewhere are seeking something very specialized, want to move back to a long-standing family area, or have a family tie to the out-of-state school.

indyfabz 04-27-22 01:19 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22486497)
Wow. I could see stopping there for 30 seconds to pick up or drop off something. But actually parking there? No bueno.

An extreme example of parking in my 'hood, but not by all that much. Last week someone got a ticket for blocking the fire hydrant on another of my corners. That had to be a hefty fine. What really sucks about blocking that hydrant is that the opening points towards the street, not the curb. No way to hook up a hose while a car is parked there.

Last weekend there was a car parked outside my house. It had three tickets on it. Nothing illegal about the parking job. Checked the inspection sticker. It expired last January. The car had not been there for three days. The owner was probably leaving old tickets on hoping they would fool the parking authority into thinking he had already been ticketed for that issue that day.

rjones28 04-27-22 01:21 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22486486)
Makes as much sense as a fat bike does.

https://twitter.com/mashable/status/1519372554389008385

Vaporware

rjones28 04-27-22 01:23 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22486534)
You're joking. That's a Camry. They run forever. After the Nuclear Apocalypse, the cockroaches will be driving them.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7968777941.png

Mojo31 04-27-22 01:24 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22486627)
An extreme example of parking in my 'hood, but not by all that much. Last week someone got a ticket for blocking the fire hydrant on another of my corners. That had to be a hefty fine. What really sucks about blocking that hydrant is that the opening points towards the street, not the curb. No way to hook up a hose while a car is parked there.

Last weekend there was a car parked outside my house. It had three tickets on it. Nothing illegal about the parking job. Checked the inspection sticker. It expired last January. The car had not been there for three days. The owner was probably leaving old tickets on hoping they would fool the parking authority into thinking he had already been ticketed for that issue that day.

Not a good idea to block the hydrant.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c560888d8.jpeg
Firefighters Smash Windows of BMW Parked in Front of Hydrant (caranddriver.com)

Velo Vol 04-27-22 01:25 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22486609)
Well exactly. And making it about ďmost winsĒ is missing the point (other than blatant trolling). UT is king here. If youíre in Texas, and arenít aiming for an out-of-state school, the only reason you donít try for UT is if youíre close to one of the others or have family that went there. My coworkers in Dallas, if they can, send their kids to UT. From a northeast perspective, UT is insanely hard to get into for a state school as a result.


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22486623)
Agreed. The only people who don't try to get into UT if you live in this state are those who don't graduate in the top of their class or have other credentials that make them an exception to the "top 6 automatic acceptance."

It's about sportsball, not academics. TTKU

Velo Vol 04-27-22 01:27 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22486557)
Saturns last longer IMHO. :innocent:

When I was at the witch doctor's yesterday there was a station wagon version of the Saturn in the parking lot. Not sure what it's called.

indyfabz 04-27-22 01:28 PM

I have seen that photo, or something like it. The hydrant on my corner is too close to the curb for something like that. The car door ends up maybe 6" from the hydrant's opening.

Bah Humbug 04-27-22 01:29 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22486637)
It's about sportsball, not academics. TTKU

Iím sure the Longhorn Football schedules in the gas stations in Sweetwater and Merkel are about academics.

Manziel was a pissy little brat because, among other things, he was snubbed by UT. Itís not just about academics. UT is king.

Bah Humbug 04-27-22 01:31 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22486641)
I have seen that photo, or something like it. The hydrant on my corner is too close to the curb for something like that. The car door ends up maybe 6" from the hydrant's opening.

My dad was a volunteer firefighter, and one of my friendís dad was the FD chief a bit away. Theyíd have pushed the car out with the fire engine in that case. Which would have been an even better pic.

Mojo31 04-27-22 01:32 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22486637)
It's about sportsball, not academics. TTKU

You think 18 year-olds are making decisions about where to go to college on academics? Other than the "nerdy" ones, all the rest are looking at how big of a deal the football and other teams are, the campus life, and how fun it will be. Even those who are top graduates.

My daughter graduated 7/225 in her class, and chose UT because of how much fun it would be, especially football weekends. She could have gone anywhere else in the country that she wanted, with the one exception of Baylor.

Mojo31 04-27-22 01:34 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22486639)
When I was at the witch doctor's yesterday there was a station wagon version of the Saturn in the parking lot. Not sure what it's called.

Old.

Velo Vol 04-27-22 01:42 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22486648)
My daughter graduated 7/225 in her class, and chose UT because of how much fun it would be, especially football weekends. She could have gone anywhere else in the country that she wanted, with the one exception of Baylor.

I guess the W/L result of games is secondary to the funness? See post #3008

Mojo31 04-27-22 01:45 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22486660)
I guess the W/L result of games is secondary to the funness? See post #3008

While she was an athlete, she was not a football player so the win/loss record had no bearing on the quality of her life. But, she was disappointed that they did not have more wins while she was there. Probably still is considering that she is a season ticket holder.

Mojo31 04-27-22 01:52 PM

Compare for last 10 years:

University of Tennessee - 62/61 record with 5 winning seasons

University of Texas - 70/55 record with 6 winning seasons

Time to shut the yapping up and recruit some new volunteers.​​​​​​​

Bah Humbug 04-27-22 01:53 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22486660)
I guess the W/L result of games is secondary to the funness? See post #3008

UT is unquestionably, incomparably, indisputably more fun than A&M or Tech. Itís not even close.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.