Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

WhyFi 02-14-22 02:15 PM

Just had to yell at some lady parking in my driveway, in front of my garage.

"I just have to drop something off."
"Good for you. There's parking right there, and there, and there."

There are parking spaces less than 20 yards away, and she's gotta park in my driveway and block my garage? WTF is wrong with people?

datlas 02-14-22 02:21 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22409546)

Why can't you be like Endicott??

MoAlpha 02-14-22 02:55 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22409520)
Oh, 'been there. I've had to do quite a bit of apologizing when joining group rides after thousands of miles of solo riding. Sometimes it's pace, sometimes it's line, sometimes it's neglecting to call out a hazard, etc.

The most—the only—squirrely and dangerous rider in our group has ridden as a pro. I saw him go down hard once, when he caught is tire the gap between the blacktop and the concrete curb of the island in a little traffic circle.

LowCel 02-14-22 03:02 PM

:troll: Howdy all! :troll:

Eric F 02-14-22 03:06 PM

I feel good about that one

Wordle 240 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Velo Vol 02-14-22 03:06 PM

People here sure are grumpy today.

Velo Vol carries on in his normal good spirits.


Eric F 02-14-22 03:20 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22409486)
I always watch them. Memorable shows include Prince arriving at the last minute and performing in the driving rain (no, it wasn't purple) and seeming to enjoy himself.

I'm with you. Prince was REALLY good. I wouldn't consider my self a Prince fan, necessarily, but I enjoy a lot of his songs. I definitely recognize his talent as a musician and a performer.

datlas 02-14-22 03:24 PM


Originally Posted by LowCel (Post 22409599)
:troll: Howdy all! :troll:

Hey! Been riding??

Eric F 02-14-22 03:29 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22409547)
Just had to yell at some lady parking in my driveway, in front of my garage.

"I just have to drop something off."
"Good for you. There's parking right there, and there, and there."

There are parking spaces less than 20 yards away, and she's gotta park in my driveway and block my garage?

Did you throw a "git offa mah lawn" in there, too?


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22409547)
WTF is wrong with people?

That's a very long list. Very long.

Eric F 02-14-22 03:30 PM


Originally Posted by LowCel (Post 22409599)
:troll: Howdy all! :troll:

Do you Wordle?

WhyFi 02-14-22 03:41 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22409592)
The most—the only—squirrely and dangerous rider in our group has ridden as a pro. I saw him go down hard once, when he caught is tire the gap between the blacktop and the concrete curb of the island in a little traffic circle.

Oh - heh. I didn't mean to imply that I'm squirrely or anything. Just that decisions made when riding solo are different than when you have to consider the passage of a group. When I do a lot of solo riding, it takes me a while to keep from falling back in to solo-mode.

WhyFi 02-14-22 03:41 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22409635)
Did you throw a "git offa mah lawn driveway" in there, too?

fify

WhyFi 02-14-22 03:43 PM

Oh. I just picked up my fourth router. Do I need to find an Addiction thread on routerforums.net? :o

I did buy the new one with the intent of it replacing an existing... but now that I think about it, it's sometimes useful to have two set up at the same time... :innocent:

genejockey 02-14-22 03:49 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22409643)
Oh - heh. I didn't mean to imply that I'm squirrely or anything. Just that decisions made when riding solo are different than when you have to consider the passage of a group. When I do a lot of solo riding, it takes me a while to keep from falling back in to solo-mode.

A quick swerve around a manhole cover you'd do on your own becomes much more laborious in a group.

BillyD 02-14-22 03:54 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22409649)
Oh. I just picked up my fourth router. Do I need to find an Addiction thread on routerforums.net? :o

I did buy the new one with the intent of it replacing an existing... but now that I think about it, it's sometimes useful to have two set up at the same time... :innocent:

Seek help. :lol:

indyfabz 02-14-22 04:13 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22409547)
Just had to yell at some lady parking in my driveway, in front of my garage.

"I just have to drop something off."
"Good for you. There's parking right there, and there, and there."

There are parking spaces less than 20 yards away, and she's gotta park in my driveway and block my garage? WTF is wrong with people?

Her convenience is paramount. In her mind.

datlas 02-14-22 04:13 PM

Came home to our free at-home covid tests from the feds. :bday:

MoAlpha 02-14-22 04:32 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22409643)
Oh - heh. I didn't mean to imply that I'm squirrely or anything. Just that decisions made when riding solo are different than when you have to consider the passage of a group. When I do a lot of solo riding, it takes me a while to keep from falling back in to solo-mode.

Did a couple of outdoor group rides last week and on the first one I was in Zwift mode. I had my head down, staring at someone’s wheel when we came to a stop sign and I narrowly managed not to crash. Took me a while to get my situational awareness back.

MoAlpha 02-14-22 04:36 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22409676)
Came home to our free at-home covid tests from the feds. :bday:

We got some from the county and my employer just sent me 20 of them. Will take a few to Seattle next week when we visit daughter.

WhyFi 02-14-22 04:49 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22409660)
Seek help. :lol:

Awww - come on! It's perfectly reasonable, let me break it down:

1) Large, powerful muther - permanently installed in to a router table. A little scary hand-held.
2) Medium duty for most hand-held operations like dovetails and mortise and tenon work
3) Compact/palm router for lighter duty stuff, like chamfers and round-overs.

Now, #4 is also medium duty, and would ostensibly replace #2... but if I keep it, I could use it in situations like... sliding dovetail - one can hold a straight bit, to hog out most of the channel, and the other can hold the dovetail bit, which wouldn't be as stressed/likely to brake/burn. I could also have it on hand as a spare. If I were to sell #2, what am I going to get for it - 120 bucks? Is that really moving the needle?

Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? :D

BillyD 02-14-22 04:52 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22409428)
Some idiot pundit said the show was "sexual anarchy"

WTF does that even mean???


I wonder if these dufuses just say the most extreme things they can think of just to get attention.
Apparently so. I mean, the easiest thing to do at a halftime you don’t like is just get up for a food or bathroom break.

BillyD 02-14-22 05:06 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22409446)
Incel take.

Of course, you couldn't pay me to watch a SB half time show.

It was the Janet Jackson debacle that ruined it for you, wasn’t it.

You haven’t laughed until you’ve heard Lewis Black’s bit on that debacle. :lol:

genejockey 02-14-22 05:20 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22409709)
WTF does that even mean???


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5ef237a027.jpg

genejockey 02-14-22 05:22 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22409706)
Awww - come on! It's perfectly reasonable, let me break it down:

1) Large, powerful muther - permanently installed in to a router table. A little scary hand-held.
2) Medium duty for most hand-held operations like dovetails and mortise and tenon work
3) Compact/palm router for lighter duty stuff, like chamfers and round-overs.

Now, #4 is also medium duty, and would ostensibly replace #2... but if I keep it, I could use it in situations like... sliding dovetail - one can hold a straight bit, to hog out most of the channel, and the other can hold the dovetail bit, which wouldn't be as stressed/likely to brake/burn. I could also have it on hand as a spare. If I were to sell #2, what am I going to get for it - 120 bucks? Is that really moving the needle?

Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? :D

I was wondering why you'd need so many routers, unless you live in a really BIG house with a lot of steel-reinforced concrete walls....

Eric F 02-14-22 05:22 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22409649)
Oh. I just picked up my fourth router. Do I need to find an Addiction thread on routerforums.net? :o

I did buy the new one with the intent of it replacing an existing... but now that I think about it, it's sometimes useful to have two set up at the same time... :innocent:

My daughter and I are starting to dabble in some basic woodworking, and are currently building out our workspace in half of our 2-car garage (the other half is bikes and music gear). I have a compact router currently on the way to me that will be mounted under a piece of 3/4" ply that can be dropped into my portable table saw table. I might need a bigger router in the future, but for now this should be useful for simple stuff.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.