Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Bah Humbug 08-08-21 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22175977)
Woof. Glad he’s getting better. Fewer people are masked in Boulder than Austin and it wigs me out.

However, the riding here makes Austin look like a ****hole.

Bah Humbug 08-08-21 01:38 PM

Also, the smoke appears to have not deterred the endurati one iota. The half-iron was yesterday, too.

abshipp 08-08-21 01:39 PM

It was a fantastic day to be a road cyclist in Upstate SC

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9657163608.jpg

I'm loving this bike so much. Can't wait to start taking it into the mountains.

seedsbelize 08-08-21 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22175549)
Yeah, I have never actually taken my bike in for ANY servicing. The only thing I can’t do is wheel truing/broken spoke type repairs, and for those rare situations I only drop off the wheel.

You can do it Doug.
It was the first thing I learned about wrenching on bikes, back in the early 70s.

seedsbelize 08-08-21 02:21 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22175977)
Woof. Glad he’s getting better. Fewer people are masked in Boulder than Austin and it wigs me out.

Hardly anyone was masked in Ohio. Freaked me out too.
Sure was nice riding maskless though. It went back on for this morning's ride.

seedsbelize 08-08-21 02:25 PM

I was looking over my few recorded rides, while up north. There was one with 13 and 14% grades. I walked that grade, in both directions.
Full disclosure.

seedsbelize 08-08-21 02:59 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22175983)
It was a fantastic day to be a road cyclist in Upstate SC

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9657163608.jpg

I'm loving this bike so much. Can't wait to start taking it into the mountains.

Aluminium? Crabon?

abshipp 08-08-21 03:01 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22176052)
Aluminium? Crabon?

Steel frame. Crabon fork.

datlas 08-08-21 03:10 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22176005)
You can do it Doug.
It was the first thing I learned about wrenching on bikes, back in the early 70s.

I suspect I can, although the idea is intimidating. Will put on my “to do list” but first must get daughter #2 to LA and sister (who has been with us for 9 weeks now and improving mightily) out on her own.

LesterOfPuppets 08-08-21 03:15 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22176058)
I suspect I can, although the idea is intimidating. Will put on my “to do list” but first must get daughter #2 to LA and sister (who has been with us for 9 weeks now and improving mightily) out on her own.

Start on a cheap/free used wheel, deconstruct it, then build it.

Grease those spoke threads! I like to grease the nipple beds too, just a dab with a Qtip.

Mojo31 08-08-21 03:58 PM

won't survive in Zone 8.

We don't have deer.

Mojo31 08-08-21 04:01 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22175977)
Woof. Glad he’s getting better. Fewer people are masked in Boulder than Austin and it wigs me out.

Heading back from College Station. Saw 2 people with masks over two days.

ls01 08-08-21 04:32 PM

I had a pretty scary wheel failure yesterday.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cceebaab16.jpg
I pumped this up before leaving for the ride. On the way there, it exploded in the back of the truck. Glad I wasnt riding it when it when it blew up. This was the wheelset I built with the tubless rims. Im waiting for a response from "Candie" at Princess Bike about my warranty.

Velo Vol 08-08-21 04:38 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22175903)
[MENTION=142025]LesterOfPuppets[/MENTION]
Free baseball

In the same vein I trimmed at a lot this afternoon that offers free brush to anyone who wants some.

Velo Vol 08-08-21 04:43 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22176104)
won't survive in Zone 8.

We don't have deer.

You can get one of these to keep the trees warm in a cold snap.


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...114dc9dfa6.png

Velo Vol 08-08-21 04:49 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22175983)
It was a fantastic day to be a road cyclist in Upstate SC

Definition for this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upstate_South_Carolina

It's like upstate NY.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3db263d553.png

Velo Vol 08-08-21 04:51 PM

Tennessee has no upstate. Or downstate.

ls01 08-08-21 04:53 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22175542)
One interesting snafu happened on yesterday’s ride. One of my friends, who is a good triathlete, started to suffer about 3 hours into the ride. He asked to stop to adjust his saddle height.

Long story short, his saddle was way too high and causing all kinds of knee problems. He said his bike had been in the LBS for servicing and he said the guy who works on his bike is taller than him and must have done a test ride and jacked up the seat.

I did not want to badmouth his shop, but if someone ****s with something like that, they should at least have the courtesy to mark the owner’s positions and return it with the owner’s fit.

Sometimes they do that to expose more seat post for the bike stand clamp. I agree they should either measure first or mark it.

LesterOfPuppets 08-08-21 05:19 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22175903)
[MENTION=142025]LesterOfPuppets[/MENTION]
Free baseball
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9ac304e361.jpg

Poor Angels. They hinted at a rally in the 8th but nope.


Now our ABC affiliate is showing the White Sox vs. Cubbies game!

#baseballallday

LAJ 08-08-21 05:22 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22175977)
Woof. Glad he’s getting better. Fewer people are masked in Boulder than Austin and it wigs me out.

We believe in the vaccine here. We also believe in an overall healthy lifestyle, for the most part.

LAJ 08-08-21 05:23 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22176153)
I had a pretty scary wheel failure yesterday.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cceebaab16.jpg
I pumped this up before leaving for the ride. On the way there, it exploded in the back of the truck. Glad I wasnt riding it when it when it blew up. This was the wheelset I built with the tubless rims. Im waiting for a response from "Candie" at Princess Bike about my warranty.

Dang. Not good.

Velo Vol 08-08-21 05:27 PM


Originally Posted by lesterofpuppets (Post 22176196)
#baseballallday

smh

Velo Vol 08-08-21 05:30 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22176200)
We believe in the vaccine here. We also believe in an overall healthy lifestyle, for the most part.

Everyone?

LAJ 08-08-21 05:47 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22176213)
Everyone?

Knock that **** off.

Trsnrtr 08-08-21 05:50 PM

An acquaintance of my wife is a vociferous anti-vaxxer. She’s now struggling in the ICU with CV-19.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.