Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

rjones28 12-23-21 09:17 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22349979)
Seems you should be able to remember back to post #10819, when the debate was settled.

There was no debate.

Velo Vol 12-23-21 09:37 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22350016)
It was magnitudes harder than leaf activity.

Unable to corroborate this claim. May trailerfuls of leaves were removed from the ivied acclivity this afternoon.

DougRNS 12-23-21 09:55 PM

This music approximates the recent subject matter.

DougRNS 12-23-21 10:18 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22350098)
This music approximates the recent subject matter.
https://youtu.be/MV0F_XiR48Q

Or this

big john 12-23-21 10:34 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22350012)
A buddy of mine had a 7000. It rode like my Cannondale - brutal. Not quite Klein brutal, though.

I had fun with it on smooth trails like when I lived in Pine Mountain. I used to do a loop from Lockwood Valley over the mountains to the Tejon Trail and into the motorcycle park and then into Gorman. We would leave a car in Gorman and drive the other car to the edge of Lockwood Valley. I learned those trails during my dirt bike days.

It took about 5 hours on the bike. One time I took this kid from work and we left his car in Gorman and drove mine to the ride start. He did ok but he was pretty fried when we got to his car and he realized he left his keys in my car. Great. Two hours of road climbing on mountain bikes and he was bonking. I bought snacks in Frazier Park and we made it. I gave him grief for some time after that.

Another time a few friends and I were riding through there and there were two guys with dirt bikes and one of them had quit running and the rider was pushing it. It was on a singletrack with 2 gradual climbs followed by a descent into the valley where the moto park was, and their truck was.The young rider told me a man couldn't push his bike up that trail because it was "like death". I grabbed the motorcycle and started pushing it up the hill, challenge accepted. I was feeling pretty good and I was strong then. I looked back and he was plodding along behind me. "Dude, go back and get my bike"! Oh, sorry. He went back and got it. Anyway we left them at the top of the hill and soon realized it was the first hill and there was one more to climb. Sorry, I'm not going back to push again. He was on his own, his friend was useless.

genejockey 12-23-21 11:23 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22350082)
Unable to corroborate this claim. May trailerfuls of leaves were removed from the ivied acclivity this afternoon.

Ivy. Feh! You haven't lived till you've had to rake leaves out of a 50 year old barberry hedge with all its thorns.

genejockey 12-23-21 11:42 PM

No ride today. I prepped the Bianchi, laid out my clothes, got my gear all ready. But then I had to go shopping with The Older Boy, because Mrs. GeneJockey had taken The Younger Boy to get his test - for which he must now wait 48-72 hours to get the results, because everyone and his dog is getting tested now. HOWEVER, reading through the CDC guidelines, I concluded that since TYBGF only got symptoms on SUNDAY, and he'd last seen her on THURSDAY, he didn't really count as 'exposed'. TYBGF is vaxxed, but not boosted, poor thing. And now the rest of us are doing the whole hypervigilance thing - "Wait, do my muscles usually feel like this? Could this be a hint that I'm about to get 'IT'? Wait, I'm feeling warm. Do I have a fever? Or is it just that Mrs. GJ turned the heat way up. Wait, does that mean SHE has a fever?"

TOB strained his rhomboid pulling our a shopping cart for an old lady, so I ended up having to put all the groceries away myself, and by the time I was done, there was fine rain and the sun was getting low - second day of Winter, and all.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a break before 5 days of on and off rain. Time to throw caution to the wind. Plus it's Friday, and I always ride on Fridays.

Unless I don't.

indyfabz 12-24-21 05:29 AM


phrantic09 12-24-21 05:48 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22350153)
No ride today. I prepped the Bianchi, laid out my clothes, got my gear all ready. But then I had to go shopping with The Older Boy, because Mrs. GeneJockey had taken The Younger Boy to get his test - for which he must now wait 48-72 hours to get the results, because everyone and his dog is getting tested now. HOWEVER, reading through the CDC guidelines, I concluded that since TYBGF only got symptoms on SUNDAY, and he'd last seen her on THURSDAY, he didn't really count as 'exposed'. TYBGF is vaxxed, but not boosted, poor thing. And now the rest of us are doing the whole hypervigilance thing - "Wait, do my muscles usually feel like this? Could this be a hint that I'm about to get 'IT'? Wait, I'm feeling warm. Do I have a fever? Or is it just that Mrs. GJ turned the heat way up. Wait, does that mean SHE has a fever?"

TOB strained his rhomboid pulling our a shopping cart for an old lady, so I ended up having to put all the groceries away myself, and by the time I was done, there was fine rain and the sun was getting low - second day of Winter, and all.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a break before 5 days of on and off rain. Time to throw caution to the wind. Plus it's Friday, and I always ride on Fridays.

Unless I don't.


I know the feeling about wondering. My wife had a tickle in her throat and a cough for a couple of days and what appeared to be a fever. Went and tested since the kids are coming here for Christmas and it was negative.

it sucks when you have to be concerned about every sniffle, sneeze or headache. Iím over it.

DougRNS 12-24-21 06:49 AM

:foo:
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...109492cf7c.jpg

datlas 12-24-21 06:52 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22350255)

Itís 32 here. Time to ride.

Trsnrtr 12-24-21 07:13 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22350236)
I know the feeling about wondering. My wife had a tickle in her throat and a cough for a couple of days and what appeared to be a fever. Went and tested since the kids are coming here for Christmas and it was negative.

it sucks when you have to be concerned about every sniffle, sneeze or headache. Iím over it.

I know or know of so many people with CV at the moment that I'm afraid to go near anyone.

#germaphobic

phrantic09 12-24-21 07:45 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22350256)
Itís 32 here. Time to ride.

currently snowy salty roads here- Zwift it is


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22350271)
I know or know of so many people with CV at the moment that I'm afraid to go near anyone.

#germaphobic

itís bad here. We were considering going to our house in MA for NYE but MA just had their highest day positive amount ever, so thatís out.

DougRNS 12-24-21 07:49 AM

First pour over coffee operation in progress. Results later.

indyfabz 12-24-21 08:10 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22350255)

Iíve ridden through Sandy Lake, PA, on the way to Franklin.

MoAlpha 12-24-21 08:12 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22350271)
I know or know of so many people with CV at the moment that I'm afraid to go near anyone.

#germaphobic

I am becoming resigned to the fact that we are all going to get it sooner or later and likely more than once.

MoAlpha 12-24-21 08:15 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22350153)

TOB strained his rhomboid pulling our a shopping cart for an old lady, so I ended up having to put all the groceries away myself...

I assume he took straight to his bed of pain and will be laid up for a week from this grievous injury. :rolleyes:

DougRNS 12-24-21 08:17 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...fb2a2b20cb.jpg
Not bad for 1st attempt. many refinements will follow. I had to call an audible and use a paper filter inside the metal mesh filter it came with.. I don't think I had the coffee ground at the perfect size but it was still good.
#ImNotWhyFiOrTrsnrtr

Velo Vol 12-24-21 08:22 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22350255)

You're in the quasi quasi-north.

Velo Vol 12-24-21 08:24 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22350141)
Ivy. Feh! You haven't lived till you've had to rake leaves out of a 50 year old barberry hedge with all its thorns.

Use a blower.

DougRNS 12-24-21 08:26 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22350305)
Iíve ridden through Sandy Lake, PA, on the way to Franklin.

I think I remember you say you you rode from the Youngstown Warren regional airport East back to your home. that general vicinity as you go East is where I used to ride back in the day. Grew up in Hermitage.

DougRNS 12-24-21 08:28 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22350322)
You're in the quasi quasi-north.

Some people call it the deep south.

LesterOfPuppets 12-24-21 08:34 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22350284)
itís bad here. We were considering going to our house in MA for NYE but MA just had their highest day positive amount ever, so thatís out.

We've been essentially plateauing at first-wave-peak levels since August, I wonder what the holidays will bring...


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a1c558350b.png

DougRNS 12-24-21 08:35 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22350309)
I am becoming resigned to the fact that we are all going to get it sooner or later and likely more than once.

Hopefully, omicron is a sign of things to come. each mutation being weaker and weaker we'll just live with it like we do the common cold.
Note:
I'm not an epidemiologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

LesterOfPuppets 12-24-21 08:35 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22350328)
Some people call it the deep south.

Dirty south.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.