Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

seedsbelize2 06-20-22 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22547722)
The Black Bibs are apparently very good value, for your consideration.

That's the brand name? I've never worn, nor considered bobs. Huge advantages?

Velo Vol 06-20-22 07:03 AM

DougRNS

seedsbelize2 06-20-22 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22547763)

Good times! But they were rapidly coming to an end.

datlas 06-20-22 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22547757)
That's the brand name? I've never worn, nor considered bobs. Huge advantages?

Yes that's the name and I believe they have shorts and bibs. The whole shorts vs bibs is a separate issue for another thread. Go and start one in the 41??

seedsbelize2 06-20-22 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22547781)
Yes that's the name and I believe they have shorts and bibs. The whole shorts vs bibs is a separate issue for another thread. Go and start one in the 41??

LOLOL

Really my only options are Amazon and MercadoLibre.mx. Everyone says they ship worldwide but no one ships to Mexico. And for good reason. Unless they ship by courier, it can take four months for something to move across the country. By then they've refunded the purchase price and have lost all. I will likely try a Qualidyne product, in the US$35 range. Bibs are only a few dollars more than shorts.

seedsbelize2 06-20-22 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22547781)

Done. And I posted a similar one in C&V.

datlas 06-20-22 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22547827)
Done. And I posted a similar one in C&V.

Kudos. Let me know how that works out.

I actually have both bibs and shorts, and honestly don't have a really strong opinion. The "higher end" lines tend to use Bibs more because that's what the pros use, and I am fine with bibs but also fine with shorts.

phrantic09 06-20-22 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22547647)
Friday, we did a nice little 45 or so miles, a couple k of climbing. Nice.
Saturday. I'll start off by stating I was the weakest climber of my group. But I never put a foot down. I made it up both Stiener Hill and the wall. It wasn't pretty but I did it. I would like to credit the guys I ride with for motivating and waiting for me. Great bunch of guys.
134 miles and 9600 ft. I set 48 achievements and 20 0f those are personal records. The best part...No cramping. It would appear I am doing better with my hydration plan.

Nice.

My buddy did B to VT Saturday. Itís ~140 ish miles with 10k climbing, he averaged 240 watts with a speed of 20.9 and had numerous KOMs. He posts nothing on strava, so hard to determine what his actual training looks like.

seedsbelize2 06-20-22 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22547828)
Kudos. Let me know how that works out.

I actually have both bibs and shorts, and honestly don't have a really strong opinion. The "higher end" lines tend to use Bibs more because that's what the pros use, and I am fine with bibs but also fine with shorts.

I knew I could count on you.
You can observe the 41 thread in your own time. I have no skin in the game. I don't have an easily bruised ego. I am curious. Yellow

datlas 06-20-22 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22547842)
I knew I could count on you.
You can observe the 41 thread in your own time. I have no skin in the game. I don't have an easily bruised ego. I am curious. Yellow

You do realize you are playing with fire.

Oh, cue up some Coldplay....

indyfabz 06-20-22 08:30 AM

Made a map of my Vermont route. Stayed at Jamaica S.P., Mt. Ascutney S.P., Silver Lake S.P. (2 nights due to rain) Stillwater S.P. (was supposed to stay there 2 nights), Brighton S.P. (2 nights), municipal campground in Newport and a hotel room in St. Albans. Caught Amtrak back to Brattleboro the next morning. Hard to tell from the compressed profile, but there were some nasty grades, especially on some of the unpaved sections. Mileage inside of campgrounds is not shown. Nor is the mileage in and around Island Pond during the day off at Brighton and the mileage into town and back in Newport.

Ride with GPS | Bike Route Planner and Cycling Navigation App

ls01 06-20-22 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22545149)
Doctor advised me to take it easy on the bike, in the same sentence she informed me that she knew I would not do that. She was the one that saw me after I ran into the road sign. She said to take a week off, I told her if the x ray came back good, I would ride that night. She shook her head but smiled. She gets it.

I used the word doctor, not doctor. PA.

She smiled because she knows she will make a pile of money off of your stubborn butt. My Dr. Smiles the same smile.

Mojo31 06-20-22 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22547872)
She smiled because she knows she will make a pile of money off of your stubborn butt. My Dr. Smiles the same smile.

I'm more worried about the ones that smile when they tell you to bend over.

genejockey 06-20-22 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22547722)
The Black Bibs are apparently very good value, for your consideration.

I found The Black Bibs $60 bibs to be so slippery that they were completely unusable. The fit was great, the pad was nice, but I slid all over the saddle and spent the entire ride pushing myself back into place on the saddle. Like, CONSTANTLY.

genejockey 06-20-22 09:10 AM

Lowering my average, raising my game. Something like that....
Wordle 366 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

big john 06-20-22 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22547670)
I assumed that but found it interesting. Since Trek has a team in the TDS-W. There's a couple interesting things here. 1. Will Jolanda finish higher than her Trek teammates? 2. Will she ride to help a Trek rider if needed or vice versa?

I don't know the extent of Trek's involvement in the teams but the road team is different than the mtb team. I'd be curious if Trek had enough pull to ask her to help one of the Trek-Segafredo riders.
How would other teams react to a Trek-Segafredo rider getting help from a non-team rider?

t2p 06-20-22 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22547450)
Seems like last week.
I wonder if I really saw it live, or just think I did. Who was it against. It certainly lit up that season. I was, of course, a Browns fan in those days. Not likely to be again. The Haslem fam tends to rub me the wrong way.

game was blacked out in pgh - radio only

t2p 06-20-22 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22547482)
Ours mainly gets used for car storage in the winter.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a41a7f065.jpeg

sadly - our garage resembles this

play a game of Tetris to get out bikes, tractor, etc

Velo Vol 06-20-22 10:34 AM

This is the only kind of car to get excited about. One without a human driver. (contains cycling content)

Mojo31 06-20-22 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22548042)
This is the only kind of car to get excited about. One without a human driver. (contains cycling content)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT6sul35P0A

Wrong

Trsnrtr 06-20-22 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22547945)
I don't know the extent of Trek's involvement in the teams but the road team is different than the mtb team. I'd be curious if Trek had enough pull to ask her to help one of the Trek-Segafredo riders.
How would other teams react to a Trek-Segafredo rider getting help from a non-team rider?

Though not ethical, it has happened in the past whenever trade teams and national teams are in the same race.

LesterOfPuppets 06-20-22 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22548042)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT6sul35P0A

I'm not overly excited when I see them Downtown, or in Tempe, or in Mesa. I just remain calm and totally prepared to take evasive measures.

Velo Vol 06-20-22 10:59 AM

I welcome our future.

LesterOfPuppets 06-20-22 11:01 AM

I planned out a 42 mile ride (Dan would be so proud), and told myself I wouldn't have any pastries, but that tart cherry crostata had me under its spell. 1.6 miles of gravel according to ridewithgps.

https://dgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net...-1536x2048.jpg

DougRNS 06-20-22 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22547450)
Seems like last week.
I wonder if I really saw it live, or just think I did. Who was it against. It certainly lit up that season. I was, of course, a Browns fan in those days. Not likely to be again. The Haslem fam tends to rub me the wrong way.

The Raiders in a playoff game in Pittsburgh.