Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

Mojo31 04-04-22 06:27 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22460819)
I briefly glanced at a Boxster today, and imagined having my own PA, but it's the tan interior that really got me going, Boxster ass is just kinda meh.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...Hw&oe=624E5895


Have never been a fan of the P all tan interior. I donít like the look or the fact that the dash badly reflects in the windshield.

I do like the Taycan tan/black interior that mine has. Dash, wheel and carpets are black which makes all the difference.

Mojo31 04-04-22 06:28 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22461019)
If we're talking about the unexpectedly voracious, check out some pelican videos. They can be surprisingly aggressive and, um, ambitious.

Took your lead, and bought Rapha bibs yesterday. REI credit now gone.

Mojo31 04-04-22 06:28 AM

Average Wordle day.

WhyFi 04-04-22 06:31 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22461055)
Took your lead, and bought Rapha bibs yesterday. REI credit now gone.

Cool. Core? Core Cargo?

I'm thinking that I might burn through my massive REI dividend with some sun sleeves. Exciting stuff.

Velo Vol 04-04-22 06:53 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22460976)
Saturday night I dropped my phone on my bed. It bounced and fell off the edge, clipping the angle iron frame below the mattress. Guess who got to pay someone to put a new $300.00 screen and digitizer in his phone yesterday!

A screen is $300?

Mojo31 04-04-22 07:41 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22461063)
Cool. Core? Core Cargo?

I'm thinking that I might burn through my massive REI dividend with some sun sleeves. Exciting stuff.

Regular Core. That's all they had.

It's really hard finding much of a selection of kit around here, and I'm not a fan of "team" stuff. I thought of ordering a pair of Assos bibs that are on sale online, but not sure what size, and don't want to hassle with returns and paying the shipping charges.

We burned through the rest of our dividend yesterday, and had to fork over a credit card at checkout. Wife got a pair of the Rapha Core bibs also and some workout shirts, and I picked up a jersey as well as some little things.

Mojo31 04-04-22 07:45 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22461079)
A screen is $300?

Screen and digitizer - two different parts.

Starting with iPhone X, the repair will cost you about $300.

Time to realize you are living in 2022, and not 1992.

LAJ 04-04-22 07:46 AM

Mind was in neutral

Wordle 289 5/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟨🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 04-04-22 07:49 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22460819)
I briefly glanced at a Boxster today, and imagined having my own PA, but it's the tan interior that really got me going, Boxster ass is just kinda meh.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...Hw&oe=624E5895

Versus tan/black -

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bd2957b7b2.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8567c15acc.jpg

indyfabz 04-04-22 07:53 AM

Today is the birthday of two childhood friends of mine. They are brother and sister born on the same day one year apart. Imagine the odds.

Velo Vol 04-04-22 07:54 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22461136)
Screen and digitizer - two different parts.

Starting with iPhone X, the repair will cost you about $300.

Time to realize you are living in 2022, and not 1992.

I just bought my "new" phone for less than $300 on eBay.

There are quite a few phones there with cracked screens/backs for sale. I assume people buy/repair/resell them. There must be a cheaper way to do it.

Velo Vol 04-04-22 07:55 AM

MOTD

04 April 22


indyfabz 04-04-22 08:05 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22461156)

I cannot view Twitter links from work. In fact, I cannot even see your link in your post. There is nothing there. I can only see it now that I have quoted the post.

BillyD 04-04-22 08:13 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22460600)
... the main goal was to have the cabinets hung by the end of spring break, which isn't looking like a problem at this point.

Ah crap, you just jinxed yourself.

BillyD 04-04-22 08:19 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22460634)
Never participated in the two shirt craze. Couldnít afford that many shirts.

Same. Nor did I want laundry to accumulate twice as fast. :lol:

LAJ 04-04-22 08:25 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22461173)
Ah crap, you just jinxed yourself.

Indeed

Velo Vol 04-04-22 08:27 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22461166)
I cannot view Twitter links from work. In fact, I cannot even see your link in your post. There is nothing there. I can only see it now that I have quoted the post.

Time for VPN.

BillyD 04-04-22 08:29 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22460700)
Snow all afternoon. No lawn mowing today.

I'm confident we're done for the season.

BillyD 04-04-22 08:36 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22460821)
Interesting that Crosby is holding the firearm. In the aftermath of reading about Taylor Hawkins' death, I segued into reading about rock's worst drug abusers. David Crosby was picked up many times, for various offenses, and each and every time he had a concealed weapon.

How many times did he go to jail?

BillyD 04-04-22 08:43 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22461151)
Today is the birthday of two childhood friends of mine. They are brother and sister born on the same day one year apart. Imagine the odds.

Obviously their parents like to do it around the same day every year.

Mojo31 04-04-22 08:53 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22461207)
Obviously their parents like to do it around the same day every year.

Most want to do it year round, not just around the same day.

Trsnrtr 04-04-22 08:56 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22461193)
I'm confident we're done for the season.

With snow or mowing?

I put my blower away a week ago but heavy snow in April is common though itís usually gone in a day.

big john 04-04-22 09:06 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22461199)
How many times did he go to jail?

Wiki says he did 9 months in prison once but most of his legal trouble ended with fines or other slap on the wrist stuff.
He did get a new liver once.

genejockey 04-04-22 09:11 AM

Boosting my average...
Wordle 289 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LesterOfPuppets 04-04-22 09:55 AM

I just like that orangey tan better. Especially in cars with dark blue, dark green, or maroon paint.

I could always get a dark grey Dashmat if the glare is too much, it's an Arizona tradition! :)

LesterOfPuppets 04-04-22 09:58 AM

What a dumb word. Another 4.

Wordle 289 4/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

BillyD 04-04-22 09:59 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22461220)
With snow or mowing?

I put my blower away a week ago but heavy snow in April is common though it’s usually gone in a day.

I remember one paralyzing April snowstorm in the 1980s that has forever seared itself in my mind. I still don't put my stuff away until end of April. Ascared. :(

LesterOfPuppets 04-04-22 10:04 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22461151)
Today is the birthday of two childhood friends of mine. They are brother and sister born on the same day one year apart. Imagine the odds.

It's my birthday too! Our family coincidence is I was born the day MLK was shot, and my sister was born on his birthday a few years later.

Got a birthday morning hike in, dunno if I'll go for my age in miles, kilometres sounds like a nicer ride length.

Mojo31 04-04-22 10:06 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22461274)
I just like that orangey tan better. Especially in cars with dark blue, dark green, or maroon paint.

I could always get a dark grey Dashmat if the glare is too much, it's an Arizona tradition! :)

I agree with you on cars in those colors. Nothing better than a British Racing Green with tan interior. Dark blues and maroons work as well.

Porsche does have a tan/black option with the more true tan:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...19b52ffc31.jpg

Mojo31 04-04-22 10:07 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22461285)
It's my birthday too! Our family coincidence is I was born the day MLK was shot, and my sister was born on his birthday a few years later.

Got a birthday morning hike in, dunno if I'll go for my age in miles, kilometres sounds like a nicer ride length.

:bday:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.