Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

Mojo31 09-20-22 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22653657)
fixed. sad.

Agreed. :(

indyfabz 09-20-22 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22650342)
Hey, did you finish your cross-state ride??

See earlier post about snapping my seat post collar bolt in Frenchtown, NJ, with 60 miles to go. At least it was a nice place to be disabled while I waited for the cavalry of one. 502 miles total.

datlas 09-20-22 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22653766)
See earlier post about snapping my seat post collar bolt in Frenchtown, NJ, with 60 miles to go. At least it was a nice place to be disabled while I waited for the cavalry of one. 502 miles total.

Kudos. Was it the cat-sitter that came to the rescue??

bampilot06 09-20-22 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22653345)
The specialized shoes were always too narrow for me, which is a bummer

Interesting. To me the torch almost have too much room. I can move all of my toes around almost full motion. Took them out on the century today, I have to say it was the first time in my cycling career I didnít feel the need to take my shoes off or loosen them. This is also the first time I didnít get some form of hot foot. As mentioned above, I did feel like I might have had to much room, but maybe my XXx are just almost too tight. Just need to get some insoles for the torches and iíll be good to go.

phrantic09 09-20-22 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22653371)
I am always on the lookout for narrow shoes. BITD Sidi made an "S" which was even narrower than their usual, and fit me PERFECTLY....but they discontinued it a few years ago.

I still get SIDIs but I have to pull the velcro/belt/fastener all the way in order to get it snug.

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22653423)
Try them again when you're in the market. I had some a decade ago when they were moderately wide, but after that, they went narrower, which is probably what you've tried. They've recently gone back to wider and now offer "Wide" models, in addition [not sure if they're actually wider than their normal models or if they're just higher volume]. There were some recent articles about their change in foot philosophy - https://cyclingtips.com/2022/05/spec...h-shoe-review/

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22653774)
Interesting. To me the torch almost have too much room. I can move all of my toes around almost full motion. Took them out on the century today, I have to say it was the first time in my cycling career I didnít feel the need to take my shoes off or loosen them. This is also the first time I didnít get some form of hot foot. As mentioned above, I did feel like I might have had to much room, but maybe my XXx are just almost too tight. Just need to get some insoles for the torches and iíll be good to go.

They really pinched the side of my feet. This was last fall with the newest dual boa Torch shoe

Mojo31 09-20-22 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22653774)

Get the Spesh insoles. Mucho better than the Bontragers.

genejockey 09-20-22 11:17 AM

That was a close one!
Wordle 458 6/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 09-20-22 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22653768)
Kudos. Was it the cat-sitter that came to the rescue??

No. She does not drive. A new lady friend of mine.

datlas 09-20-22 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22653805)

:bday:

seedsbelize2 09-20-22 11:39 AM

I got out for an easy 15 miles, just get on the bike. The September humidity left with the rain. The last two days have been quite pleasant. Our first couple years in YucatŠn, Winter riding season started Oct. 10. Them it got later and later---deep into Nov. recently. Maybe this will be an early year again. Hope springs eternal.

Mojo31 09-20-22 12:01 PM

Hope you gave her a good tip!

indyfabz 09-20-22 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22653867)
Hope you gave her a good tip!

And then bought her lunch.

She's a biostatistician.

datlas 09-20-22 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22653913)
And then bought her lunch.

She's a biostatistician.

What are the odds of that?? :innocent:

#ActuaryHumor

bampilot06 09-20-22 01:14 PM

If you read the review about the camera varia from DC rainmaker, he hit it right on the head.

The app sucks, and I canít get my varia to connect to its whyfi to my phone. Iíve tried about 60 times, doesnít work, tried on my ipad too. I didnít really have any close calls today, but that is extremely frustrating. Whatís the point of having a camera if you canít even access the material.? Thank god itís just the app and not the actual equipment. Do better garmin!

rjones28 09-20-22 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22653958)
If you read the review about the camera varia from DC rainmaker, he hit it right on the head.

The app sucks, and I canít get my varia to connect to its whyfi to my phone. Iíve tried about 60 times, doesnít work, tried on my ipad too. I didnít really have any close calls today, but that is extremely frustrating. Whatís the point of having a camera if you canít even access the material.? Thank god itís just the app and not the actual equipment. Do better garmin!

He's probably out on a ride. You should try again later.

bampilot06 09-20-22 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22653974)
He's probably out on a ride. You should try again later.

All of his hometown is under construction, heís boxed in.

Eric F 09-20-22 02:25 PM

Current status: Kid is driving us - and her car packed with stuff - from So Cal to Eugene, OR. We will be spending the night a little past half way (Redding, CA), and finish the drive tomorrow. Thursday is her move-on day at the University of Oregon.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d7d012aad.jpeg

bampilot06 09-20-22 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22654034)
Current status: Kid is driving us - and her car pack with stuff - from So Cal to Eugene, OR. We will be spending the night a little past half way (Redding, CA), and finish the drive tomorrow. Thursday is her move-on day at the University of Oregon.

Drive safe!

datlas 09-20-22 02:41 PM

Current status: Kid is driving us - and her car packed with stuff - from So Cal to Eugene, OR. We will be spending the night a little past half way (Redding, CA), and finish the drive tomorrow. Thursday is her move-on day at the University of Oregon.

Safe travels!

I think I see some family resemblance. I will try to find a father-daughter pic of Hannah and me to share.....

Mojo31 09-20-22 03:21 PM

Good times, Eric!

Be safe.

Mojo31 09-20-22 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22654059)
Safe travels!

I think I see some family resemblance. I will try to find a father-daughter pic of Hannah and me to share.....

It's reassuring when your kids sort of look like you. ;)

seedsbelize2 09-20-22 03:39 PM

Well today we got rain(twice) with no thunder or lightning. It just rolled in, rained awhile, and rolled out. It felt so strange to have just a normal rain. Of course there was no warning and there were clothes on the line.

LesterOfPuppets 09-20-22 05:38 PM

And you got a Ducks shirt already? Must've been looking forward to this :)

LesterOfPuppets 09-20-22 05:40 PM

I dunno if the call of shame is a good way to start a relationship.

big john 09-20-22 05:52 PM

A new lady friend of mine.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...60-333-250.jpg