Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

BillyD 08-30-21 02:05 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22207663)
Your snaps?

Yup, birds of prey are my thang.

Bah Humbug 08-30-21 02:08 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22207744)
So glad my employer is on essential travel only status for the foreseeable future.

Whereas mine is, to quote Bloomberg, “betting on the return of business travel”.

So uh, get out and flying everyone! I guess…

Mojo31 08-30-21 02:08 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22207748)
Yup, birds of prey are my thang.

Great images!

genejockey 08-30-21 02:09 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22207736)
Having a cockpit seems redundant in this case.

You could have something like this.....
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cdab461c2d.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 08-30-21 02:11 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22207736)
Having a cockpit seems redundant in this case.

reminds me of Harvey's rap in this cut.

NSFW, they muddled the bad words, but there's still a fair amount of booty in the vid.

WARNING, cycling content.


genejockey 08-30-21 02:13 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22207727)
I sold two bikes last year. The touring bike I had not ridden in 13 years and the mountain bike I had not ridden in 3 years since I got the new one. When I got the Seven I didn't ride the Gunnar unless the Seven was down. Since I found the crack in the crankarm I am riding the Gunnar again. I could be happy with one road bike but obviously I need a back-up.
The Gunnar also has rack eyelets and a triple so it can carry panniers if need be. If I bought a new road bike now I would try to sell the Seven and keep the Gunnar.
I've given my old bikes away or sold them cheap. The only one I sold for reasonable (for me) money was the Landshark.

I think I should make a "No More Bikes" rule, to keep the stable down to 8 maximum. Biggest problem I have is I really find it difficult to part with things I've worked on. Even the Classique, which came to me practically New Old Stock still has hours of my time in it. BUT it's the closest I have to a redundancy in my collection - "Early 80s Japanese steel bike with Shimano kit" also describes the Supreme, which I feel more attached to.

genejockey 08-30-21 02:14 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22207737)
Every time I read your posts and think, "something like that would be cool", I have to step back and tell myself that I'm not a Doug. :D

It's a rotten job, but somebody's got to do it.

BillyD 08-30-21 02:15 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22207750)
Great images!

Thanx!

Velo Vol 08-30-21 02:31 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22207738)
Am I a serious rider?

I'm serious when I'm riding.

Mojo31 08-30-21 02:32 PM

I seriously try to ride.

Velo Vol 08-30-21 02:39 PM

FYI

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...98cd6819a.jpeg

BillyD 08-30-21 03:05 PM

I can’t be taken seriously when I ride.

ksryder 08-30-21 03:16 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22207124)
He does look like a sweet one. And Geoff says "Sorry, but it's nap time."

When it comes to cat names, I think a lot of people expect something at least a little exotic, like Dashiell or Mica. People ask me what my rescue cats name is. I tell them he came with the name Stephen and they find his pedestrian human name so funny.

I've always given people names for pets. A really nondescript name like Steve is for some reason funny when it's a dog. My first cat as an adult was George. Right now we also have Frank and Floyd (cats) and Marla (dog). It's always entertaining around here.

Eric F 08-30-21 03:25 PM


Originally Posted by ksryder (Post 22207829)
I've always given people names for pets. A really nondescript name like Steve is for some reason funny when it's a dog. My first cat as an adult was George. Right now we also have Frank and Floyd (cats) and Marla (dog). It's always entertaining around here.

Agreed on the funny. However, the animals in my house have "pet" names - Riley, Ranger, and Dodger (although he is called "Kitty" by everyone).

genejockey 08-30-21 03:25 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22207772)
I'm serious when I'm riding.

I only LOOK serious.

genejockey 08-30-21 03:27 PM


Originally Posted by ksryder (Post 22207829)
I've always given people names for pets. A really nondescript name like Steve is for some reason funny when it's a dog. My first cat as an adult was George. Right now we also have Frank and Floyd (cats) and Marla (dog). It's always entertaining around here.

Just don't give kids pet names. Spot will have a hell of a time in grade school.

big john 08-30-21 03:29 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22207755)
I think I should make a "No More Bikes" rule, to keep the stable down to 8 maximum. Biggest problem I have is I really find it difficult to part with things I've worked on. Even the Classique, which came to me practically New Old Stock still has hours of my time in it. BUT it's the closest I have to a redundancy in my collection - "Early 80s Japanese steel bike with Shimano kit" also describes the Supreme, which I feel more attached to.

I keep thinking I'd enjoy having another old car but old bikes don't do anything for me. Actually, if I had the money, I'd get rid of all the bikes and the Trailblazer. Get some new bikes and a nicer car. Then maybe an old car to tinker on.

Mojo31 08-30-21 03:35 PM

My daughter had a hedgehog for a few years. She was not able to determine whether it was a male or female so she named it Bruce.


The Californians in the group should get it.

genejockey 08-30-21 03:39 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22207845)
I keep thinking I'd enjoy having another old car but old bikes don't do anything for me. Actually, if I had the money, I'd get rid of all the bikes and the Trailblazer. Get some new bikes and a nicer car. Then maybe an old car to tinker on.

I enjoy working on them, and so far I enjoy riding on them, though the Classique was a near thing till I swapped in the 13-26 cassette. This Litespeed is just the frame and fork, so the build would be pretty much from the ground up. That can be fun - it's what I did with the Battaglin.

big john 08-30-21 03:52 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22207865)
I enjoy working on them, and so far I enjoy riding on them, though the Classique was a near thing till I swapped in the 13-26 cassette. This Litespeed is just the frame and fork, so the build would be pretty much from the ground up. That can be fun - it's what I did with the Battaglin.

I get it. I also get the watch thing. For me, if I was going to collect and work on things it would be cars, even though I reached saturation having a career in the biz.

ls01 08-30-21 03:59 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22207738)
Am I a serious rider? I’m seriously not sure.

Define serious. I am serious about riding,, but does that make me a serious rider? What is the criteria? Spend lots of money? Check, lots of time? Check does it take up most of my thoughts? Check.

genejockey 08-30-21 03:59 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22207889)
I get it. I also get the watch thing. For me, if I was going to collect and work on things it would be cars, even though I reached saturation having a career in the biz.

I sometimes dream about owning an old car, but watching a few car restoration videos cures me of it every time. My niece (not the antivax one) inherited Dad's 1972 Citroen DS21 Pallas, which had sat for at least 20 years in the garage. Fortunately, she and her husband are pretty well off, so she could afford to turn the car over to a Cit specialist for restoration. I hear that it's mostly finished, mechanically. Interestingly, she never drove it, back when it was running, so she feels like she has to learn how to drive it!

DougRNS 08-30-21 04:01 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22207523)
wut happened to all the pilots? Passenger traffic is still well below 2019.

enjoy

ls01 08-30-21 04:04 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22207845)
I keep thinking I'd enjoy having another old car but old bikes don't do anything for me. Actually, if I had the money, I'd get rid of all the bikes and the Trailblazer. Get some new bikes and a nicer car. Then maybe an old car to tinker on.

if you have some time to spare John check out Cold war motors on you tube. It's a guy in Alberta Canada and his buddies. He does some fantastic work. Get your car fix vicariously like I do now.

big john 08-30-21 04:18 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22207899)
I sometimes dream about owning an old car, but watching a few car restoration videos cures me of it every time. My niece (not the antivax one) inherited Dad's 1972 Citroen DS21 Pallas, which had sat for at least 20 years in the garage. Fortunately, she and her husband are pretty well off, so she could afford to turn the car over to a Cit specialist for restoration. I hear that it's mostly finished, mechanically. Interestingly, she never drove it, back when it was running, so she feels like she has to learn how to drive it!

It would be nice to find something that just needed mechanical work to make it driveable. I've had about 28 cars. Never has a Citroen, though. Had 2 Corvairs. (stock photo)
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8ec449cb51.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.