Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

LAJ 10-12-21 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22267293)
I'm good, thanks.

I understand the gender preference issues, and have no problem with people doing what they want to do. I just had not seen that following a business signature. it just caught my attention. I didn't make any judgments.

I didn't say you did. More than anything, I was surprised you hadn't seen it, especially in your field.

datlas 10-12-21 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22267336)
So it's saying "I'm female" or is it saying "I'm straight female"?

If one is lesbian are different pronouns used?

Are only women doing it? Cause I haven't gotten any new memos lately.

It's saying I identify as female. Some people are gender neutral and prefer they/them/theirs. It does NOT identify if striaght/bi/*****exual. People of any gender do this if they wish.

edit: you can't say *****exual? BF is not woke. Sad!

LAJ 10-12-21 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22267336)
So it's saying "I'm female" or is it saying "I'm straight female"?

If one is lesbian are different pronouns used?

Are only women doing it? Cause I haven't gotten any new memos lately.

Bottom line, you don't assume. They/Them is safe until it's not, etc. It is best to ask what the preferred pronoun is, or wait until you hear or see it.

datlas 10-12-21 11:01 AM

So is Addiction the "Diamond Dogs" of Bike Forums?

#Lasso

indyfabz 10-12-21 11:02 AM

A Reuben and fries was not a healthy lunch choice. And now I need a nap.

indyfabz 10-12-21 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22267352)

#Lasso

Tell me about these "Diamond Dogs", please.

datlas 10-12-21 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22267356)
Tell me about these "Diamond Dogs", please.

It's a support group on the show Ted Lasso. Mostly talking about guy issues. I watch almost no TV but Ted Lasso is TV worth watching.

The group has brief ad-hoc meetings to discuss concerns, usually about relationships and other life issues.

BillyD 10-12-21 11:18 AM

I must have over-exerted myself this morning. I'm sitting on the previous page wondering why I haven't gotten a response yet, not realizing it's the last post of the page. Sad.
:lol:

WhyFi 10-12-21 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22267352)

#Lasso

Arr arr arrrooo!

Mojo31 10-12-21 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22267341)
I didn't say you did. More than anything, I was surprised you hadn't seen it, especially in your field.

Well, I was surprised I hadn't even heard of it. I try to keep up on such stuff since part of my work involves counseling employers on discrimination/harassment issues and defending EEOC complaints.

Probably don't see it in use because I generally only correspond with lawyers and my clients' decision makers. And because Texas. People in general are more closed minded and guarded around here.

WhyFi 10-12-21 11:42 AM

Speaking of Diamond Dogs-type... stuff... my wife has been having a frustrating time at work, recently, and she'll come downstairs to kvetch about this problem or that. I'm inclined to find ways of dealing with issues, whether they're technical or interpersonal, so I'll make suggestions like, "could you do this?" or "why not try that?"

To which I receive nothing but pushback - I can't do this, don't want to do that, etc, etc. :rolleyes:

I think that I just need to fight my instincts and remember that she's not looking for solutions - she's looking for commiseration. I'll try to just shut my yap other than to say, "that sucks, honey - sorry to hear it. Would you like a glass of wine?"

datlas 10-12-21 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22267415)
Speaking of Diamond Dogs-type... stuff... my wife has been having a frustrating time at work, recently, and she'll come downstairs to kvetch about this problem or that. I'm inclined to find ways of dealing with issues, whether they're technical or interpersonal, so I'll make suggestions like, "could you do this?" or "why not try that?"

To which I receive nothing but pushback - I can't do this, don't want to do that, etc, etc. :rolleyes:

I think that I just need to fight my instincts and remember that she's not looking for solutions - she's looking for commiseration. I'll try to just shut my yap other than to say, "that sucks, honey - sorry to hear it. Would you like a glass of wine?"

Correct. Sympathy, not solutions.

Ever see "It's Not About the Nail" video??

WhyFi 10-12-21 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22267424)
Correct. Sympathy, not solutions.

Ever see "It's Not About the Nail" video??

No. Should I google?

datlas 10-12-21 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22267426)
No. Should I google?

Yes. Do it now and thank me later.

WhyFi 10-12-21 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22267430)
Yes. Do it now and thank me later.

I chuckled.

datlas 10-12-21 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22267432)
I chuckled.

Why do you always try to fix everything??

LesterOfPuppets 10-12-21 12:05 PM

More Wyoming news: Kanye is selling one of his Wyo ranches

All this could be yours for only $11 million

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...31518010_zpid/

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...272c89f20f.jpg

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/2...1536_1152.webp

Velo Vol 10-12-21 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22267197)
Color me old.

We know.

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22267303)
My name is datlas and my pronoun is he/him.

This is what appears on your official correspondence?

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22267450)
All this could be yours for only $11 million

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...31518010_zpid/

Hard pass.

Velo Vol 10-12-21 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22267239)
I wouldn't need the little lady to explain it to me because I've been on the Twitter though. :)

I think I found your account a while back and you hadn't tweeted in years. :foo:

BillyD 10-12-21 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22267344)
It's saying I identify as female. Some people are gender neutral and prefer they/them/theirs. It does NOT identify if striaght/bi/*****exual. People of any gender do this if they wish.

Thanks doc, although I canít say I understand the reasoning of the participating individuals, Iíll just chalk it up to DSFDF.

seedsbelize2 10-12-21 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22267344)

But you can say bat****
Odd

BillyD 10-12-21 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22267398)
. And because Texas. People in general are more closed minded and guarded around here.

wut

In Texas? Get OUT! This is shocking news, I never would have expected such.

gnome 10-12-21 12:48 PM

congratulations on the anniversiary datlas .

seedsbelize2 10-12-21 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22267415)

Good luck with all that. I have found myself unable to do it. Though it is the correct response.

datlas 10-12-21 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22267511)
But you can say bat****
Odd

Yeah, the censor is bat**** crazy!