Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

LAJ 04-13-20 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21416160)
I just bought my wife 3 boxes of Peeps. :)

Those were likely manufactured in 1934

Heathpack 04-13-20 01:57 PM

I love Peeps.

None for me this year.

phrantic09 04-13-20 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21416157)
Erj-145

At my old job we had an office in Reston VA, ERJ on United was the only direct option. I like that plane.

rjones28 04-13-20 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21416146)
I bought four at Walgreens last week when I was looking (unsuccessfully) for rubbing alcohol, so they're definitely right there. They are sweet and awesome.

You can make them at home...

WhyFi 04-13-20 02:01 PM

My dad has long been a Peeps fiend, but this year he complained to me about some of the newfangled varieties. He says that he binned a bunch of 'em and had to go back to the store for his classic yellow Peeps. :lol:

Heathpack 04-13-20 02:15 PM

Hey datlas and MoAlpha

Updates on my fungal dog:

1. I got a multitude of texts about the fact that the dog's head was swelling while out on my ride last Friday. Annoying because I cannot diagnose the severity of any problem like that, nor can I help, from astride my bicycle in the rain. "Do you want us to schedule a CT?" WTF no. I want someone to decide if the problem is severe enough to been seen through the ER and if it is, I want a doctor to examine the dog before we schedule any tests. And if its not severe enough to be seen through the ER, then put it on my schedule for Monday (today) and I will decide what tests might be indicated after examining the dog and listening to the medical history. PS I also got 4 texts about where to put my dog food order which had just arrived at the clinic. Uh, its frozen dog food. So... in the freezer maybe?

2. The fungal titers and galactomannan titer all are negative. So... we either have a false negative, or more likely, an opportunistic fungal infection

3. I saw said dog today and she is doing much better. Her facial (not "head") swelling is almost completely resolved. I assume that was due to fungal die-off from the 2.5 days of voriconazole she had received at that point. Her non-weight-bearing right thoracic limb lameness is now a weight-bearing lameness. But...

4. Her original subtle hind limb ataxia is back now that she's off cyclosporin and pred. I am decreasing her gabapentin just in case. Its pretty mild so maybe I am overreacting. But... I'm not sure what's going to happen to our original problem in the absence of the immunosuppressants.

5. I want to MRI her brain/head and do an excisional biopsy of the lymph node/granuloma and submit the mass for histopath and fungal culture and sensitivity. I called up to the vet school at UC Davis and they all over it, would love the samples if I can get em. Of course if we can even get something to grow in culture it may take so long as to be clinically not terribly relevant.

6. Owner is thinking about my suggestions. Wants to give it a week since she's doing better. I am actually totally ok with this, it will make my post-cyclopsorin CSF results less likely to be equivocal. The longer I can have her off pred and cyclosporin before I collect spinal fluid, the less likely I am to get a false negative result.

So right now I am happy. I feel like I have a better shot at clearing up an opportunistic fungal infection vs a pathologic fungal infection like Aspergillus.

However the big picture is way more concerning. If she relapses with her original immune mediated disease any time soon, I am going to be screwed. Maybe I could do some kind of weenie half-assed immunosuppression and get away with that without the fungal thing raging out of control. But I'd be really lucky if I could.

#reallifedogstory

Heathpack 04-13-20 02:19 PM

PS hey the censor let me say half-assed

Trsnrtr 04-13-20 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21416201)
Those were likely manufactured in 1934

Probably. I don’t eat anything with marshmallow in it so I’m safe.

Heathpack 04-13-20 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21416263)

Wut?

Best candy = See's Scotchmallow = marshmallow, caramel, dark chocolate

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0aeefea8fe.jpg

Bah Humbug 04-13-20 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21416263)

No s'mores? No Phish Food? Sad!

Velo Vol 04-13-20 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Heathpack (Post 21416210)
I love Peeps.

None for me this year.

Why not?

Velo Vol 04-13-20 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21416104)
I havnt had any TYS overnights, nor are there any on the schedule. I fly in there almost once a week but never get the chance to stay. Bike or no bike i’ll still reach out if I’m ever there for an extended period.

After seeing your 50 feet of climbing rides on Strava, I am curious how you'd do in the foothills. :foo:

Pirkaus 04-13-20 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21416166)
I made Ghiradelli brownies yesterday. They were good.

I noticed that's past tense. Did you eat the whole pan? NTTATWWT

bampilot06 04-13-20 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21416355)
After seeing your 50 feet of climbing rides on Strava, I am curious how you'd do in the foothills. :foo:

me too.

datlas 04-13-20 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21416341)
No s'mores? No Phish Food? Sad!

This. Now craving Phish food.

datlas 04-13-20 03:35 PM

Survived a busy Monday of telemedicine. Some older patients just can’t do it, and in those cases we use a plain phone call as plan B.

Heathpack 04-13-20 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21416350)
Why not?

On account of stores being Hot Zones nowadays.

datlas 04-13-20 03:36 PM

I went ahead and signed up for my club’s Monday evening group ride. I think 50-50 they drop me.

datlas 04-13-20 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Heathpack (Post 21416254)
PS hey the censor let me say half-assed

:bday:

berner 04-13-20 03:52 PM

I wish you all would stop showing chocolate deserts. I trying to become less dependent and getting back to merely being a casual user.

Pirkaus 04-13-20 03:53 PM

Mrs. Pirkaus made the worlds' best carrot cake, yummm. Seriously that's the name of the recipe, and it lives up to the name.
I ate a large piece, but not the whole thing. ;)

BillyD 04-13-20 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21416160)
I just bought my wife 3 boxes of Peeps. :)

My teeth ache just thinking about them.

BillyD 04-13-20 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Heathpack (Post 21416314)
Wut?

Best candy = See's Scotchmallow = marshmallow, caramel, dark chocolate

Hate caramel! Gets all stuck to your teeth. My teeth ache just thinking about them.

BillyD 04-13-20 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by berner (Post 21416406)
I wish you all would stop showing chocolate deserts. I trying to become less dependent and getting back to merely being a casual user.

Just go to a meeting tonight, you'll be alright.

Velo Vol 04-13-20 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21416370)
Survived a busy Monday of telemedicine. Some older patients just can’t do it, and in those cases we use a plain phone call as plan B.

Do you even see live patients anymore?