Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Velo Vol 07-02-20 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21565995)
Anyone who's smart took the whole week off. :)

Velo Vol labors on.

I'm also running low on Vimovo, my emergency drug. I called the pharmacy to get the first refill in a number of months. The representative tells me there's now a genetic (ATTN: datlas). That's interesting. She says she had to check my insurance to see if it was covered (after the call it occurred to me that they might not even have my insurance info, but whatever). Anyway, she said they needed to call my doctor's office. OK.

Four days later and I've heard nothing. I message the nurse to see if I can get Vimovo, or other. No answer.

We need to shut everything down until we can figure out what's going on.

datlas 07-02-20 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21565292)

I saw that. Empty nesting deferred. Maybe spring semester.

Bah Humbug 07-02-20 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21566009)
What about the following week?

I'm officially on vacation, don't have to go in again for 10 whole days :D

I think I haven't used one vacation day yet. Need to fix that I suppose.

abshipp 07-02-20 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21566064)
I think I haven't used one vacation day yet. Need to fix that I suppose.

I finally got my 3rd week this year. Probably going to use it all, too.

​​​​​

Bah Humbug 07-02-20 04:06 PM

My dad just called because he couldn't figure out how to turn on the computer after getting it back from the shop. He had correctly flipped the butterfly switch on the back but had then forgotten to press the actual power button on the front.

gnome 07-02-20 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21566009)
What about the following week?

I'm officially on vacation, don't have to go in again for 10 whole days :D

you bastige! no holidays for me.

datlas 07-02-20 04:16 PM

Ok I found the RTL510 for $135 and ordered it.

Did I get a good buy??

Bah Humbug 07-02-20 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21566091)
Ok I found the RTL510 for $135 and ordered it.

Did I get a good buy??

Approved!

datlas 07-02-20 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21566047)
Velo Vol labors on.

I'm also running low on Vimovo, my emergency drug. I called the pharmacy to get the first refill in a number of months. The representative tells me there's now a genetic (ATTN: datlas). That's interesting. She says she had to check my insurance to see if it was covered (after the call it occurred to me that they might not even have my insurance info, but whatever). Anyway, she said they needed to call my doctor's office. OK.

Four days later and I've heard nothing. I message the nurse to see if I can get Vimovo, or other. No answer.

We need to shut everything down until we can figure out what's going on.

Vimovo is an effing ripoff. Itís two older drugs that are dirt cheap, combined into one pill and they charge big bucks for it.

Sad!

gnome 07-02-20 04:22 PM

In more positive news I saw the sun for the first time in over a week. Made the -2 commute much more pleasant, although it took most of the ride for feeling to return to my fingers.

WhyFi 07-02-20 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21566071)
My dad just called because he couldn't figure out how to turn on the computer after getting it back from the shop. He had correctly flipped the butterfly switch on the back but had then forgotten to press the actual power button on the front.

Technology is hard.

Velo Vol 07-02-20 04:31 PM

"The lowest GoodRx price for the most common version of generic Vimovo is around $564.20, 76% off the average retail price of $2,398.34." :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21566095)
Vimovo is an effing ripoff. Itís two older drugs that are dirt cheap, combined into one pill and they charge big bucks for it.

Is it literally just an NSAID with an acid blocker? It says it's delay released. Not sure how that works.

Bah Humbug 07-02-20 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21566106)
Technology is hard.

I literally think he thinks he needs an excuse to call. He doesn't, of course, but that's the only time he does. And usually with questions he really knows the answer to...

datlas 07-02-20 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21566121)
"The lowest GoodRx price for the most common version of generic Vimovo is around $564.20, 76% off the average retail price of $2,398.34." :rolleyes:

Is it literally just an NSAID with an acid blocker? It says it's delay released. Not sure how that works.

Yes. The delayed release is not clinically significant.

Some other greedy pharma company came out with an extended release prednisone that costs a fortune. Also a royal ripoff.

edit: Rayos 5mg daily costs $3000 per month.

datlas 07-02-20 04:46 PM

I don’t want to be too harsh on my fellow physicians, but if someone writes a script for a drug that is priced at $3000/month when an essentially identical medicine is $10/month, that’s pretty messed up.

Bah Humbug 07-02-20 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21566157)
I donít want to be too harsh on my fellow physicians, but if someone writes a script for a drug that is priced at $3000/month when an essentially identical medicine is $10/month, thatís pretty messed up.

You're one of the good ones.

MoAlpha 07-02-20 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21566140)
Yes. The delayed release is not clinically significant.

Some other greedy pharma company came out with an extended release prednisone that costs a fortune. Also a royal ripoff.

edit: Rayos 5mg daily costs $3000 per month.

And they obviously have the ****ty studies proving efficacy. Clopidogrel is better than aspirin too, right?

datlas 07-02-20 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21566211)
And they obviously have the ****ty studies proving efficacy. Clopidogrel is better than aspirin too, right?

Worse. Their studies show effective for RA compared to placebo. Does not take rocket science to show that prednisone is superior to placebo, whether regular or XR.

Sad!

LesterOfPuppets 07-02-20 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21565423)
I had to try one.

Itís not awful.

I was briefly tempted by this magical elixir today, but ended up passing.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3865653866.jpg

Bah Humbug 07-02-20 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21566253)
I was briefly tempted by this magical elixir today, but ended up passing.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3865653866.jpg

You need either more or less of it, clearly.

seedsbelize 07-02-20 06:02 PM

Thunderstorms with light rain and significantly lower temperature. Chilly.

In other news, I think I will continue road cycling but make the move to secondary roads. Until the aggression appears there as well. Not nearly as pleasant, road surface wise.

bampilot06 07-02-20 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21565957)
Meant to ask you about this. How'd you get that little treat?

Mx needed an eval flight done, and with my supreme flying skills I was the obvious choice.......

I was in the right place at the right time. One of our aircraft needed the radar altimeter replaced, once the new one was in there they needed to test it out, make sure it was working right. Itís integrated into a lot of our systems as well as telling us extactly how high we are AGL. So I got to shoot some low approaches and fly low level around harrisburg to make sure it was working properly. I didnít get to buzz the tower though, ironically the pattern was full.

bampilot06 07-02-20 06:18 PM

Tomorrow Iíll pass the first 1000 miles on the cervelo. Anything I should think about doing maintenance wise?

bampilot06 07-02-20 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21566071)

my mom calls text messages ď emailĒ, and face time ďtvĒ. If it makes you feel better.

bampilot06 07-02-20 06:23 PM

On a happy I note, I found my bar end where my bike struck the ground. Went back in okay, so dodge that bullet for now.
I know everyone one of you was deeply deeply concerned.