Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1227239)

phrantic09 04-03-21 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21998406)
I slept in too, but I also didn't get home until after midnight last night so I still didn't get much sleep :rolleyes:

I was up at 5 but spent too much time screwing around and only got 22 in vs the 40 I’d planned

abshipp 04-03-21 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21998415)
I was up at 5 but spent too much time screwing around and only got 22 in vs the 40 I’d planned

Sorry to hear about the asshattery you had to deal with this morning.

I've never had to deal with anything like that and I fear for the day that it happens, mostly since I'm nonconfrontational to a fault and I'd likely let them get away with it without comment.

phrantic09 04-03-21 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21998423)
Sorry to hear about the asshattery you had to deal with this morning.

I've never had to deal with anything like that and I fear for the day that it happens, mostly since I'm nonconfrontational to a fault and I'd likely let them get away with it without comment.

Better than being hot headed. I wish I had a camera, I’d have emailed to the sheriff’s department

rjones28 04-03-21 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21998412)
Lost my cool with a driver for the first time in just about forever this morning. Guy towing a boat started blowing his horn behind me to get around on a no shoulder road. Then he decided to pass with a vehicle coming the other direction, I’d stayed left so he wouldn’t try to pass with the other car coming. He ran them off the road and swerved back and nearly clipped me with his trailer.

I caught up to him a gas station and asked “Are you trying to kill someone or just ******g stupid?”

he got in my face (thankfully I had a face cover on because it was freezing) and told me bikes don’t belong on road. I thought he was actually going to take a swing at me.

:(

genejockey 04-03-21 10:12 AM

Lost my cool with a driver for the first time in just about forever this morning. Guy towing a boat started blowing his horn behind me to get around on a no shoulder road. Then he decided to pass with a vehicle coming the other direction, I’d stayed left so he wouldn’t try to pass with the other car coming. He ran them off the road and swerved back and nearly clipped me with his trailer.

I caught up to him a gas station and asked “Are you trying to kill someone or just ******g stupid?”

he got in my face (thankfully I had a face cover on because it was freezing) and told me bikes don’t belong on road. I thought he was actually going to take a swing at me.

But boats do?

LesterOfPuppets 04-03-21 10:15 AM

Trailers and shoulderless roads are the worst!

LesterOfPuppets 04-03-21 10:18 AM

I'm wishing we could've stayed here all weekend, riding Rails-to-Trails on a full suspension MTB, but the little lady wanted to do stuff down here in PHX for some reason.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4758a5db2c.jpg

bampilot06 04-03-21 10:22 AM

Boats don’t belong on the road either. Just saying.

phrantic09 04-03-21 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21998476)
Boats don’t belong on the road either. Just saying.

you guys are all way more clever than I am

BillyD 04-03-21 10:57 AM

So many jackasses, so little time.

phrantic09 04-03-21 11:08 AM

Just got poked- hoping I have a reaction more like my wife (none). Need to find a way to get 12 miles in this afternoon to hit my modest mileage goal - might just go screw around on the revolt before I put the slicks on

bampilot06 04-03-21 12:31 PM

Just landed back at my home airport. My vacation officially starts. Don’t go back to work til the 18th.

Mojo31 04-03-21 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21998541)
Just got poked- hoping I have a reaction more like my wife (none). Need to find a way to get 12 miles in this afternoon to hit my modest mileage goal - might just go screw around on the revolt before I put the slicks on

Lucky you, but this is a family forum.

datlas 04-03-21 12:45 PM

It’s a tough rule to follow, but generally best to not engage motorists. Glad you are ok!

datlas 04-03-21 12:47 PM

Hard ride today. There were not many hills but windy and it felt like a headwind 80% of the time.

I wonder if there is a route planner for rides that takes into account usual micro-climate winds to minimize headwinds.

WhyFi 04-03-21 12:53 PM

We have arrived in VA! :bday:

...to signs of deferred maintenance all around the house. :notamused:

WhyFi 04-03-21 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21998449)
Better than being hot headed. I wish I had a camera, I’d have emailed to the sheriff’s department

Having a camera keeps me from getting too hot-headed.

Mostly.

datlas 04-03-21 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21998648)
We have arrived in VA! :bday:

...to signs of deferred maintenance all around the house. :notamused:

Anywhere near Skyline Drive? I’d hit it.

seedsbelize 04-03-21 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21998656)

My sister and bil live within riding distance of Skyline Drive. It would be a multi day affair though, getting there, riding up and back down, and getting back home. 10 years ago I could've done it.

WhyFi 04-03-21 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21998656)

Goodness no. We're near the coast, about 3 hours from where we usually cross Skyline Drive.

DougRNS 04-03-21 03:46 PM

Slow afternoon, everyone must be recovering from spraying weed killer. Weekend to do list was completed but no riding. I still haven't recovered from my last ride. I think the steroid injection made things worse. At least with a second shot I'll have more opportunity to gain weight. :mad:

I also woke up at 3 am last night in Afib. I don't think that's why I woke up but what a nice bonus.

I put my HR monitor on and it was around 90 bpm so it wasn't too concerning. I went back to sleep at 5 am hoping it would return to normal rhythm and when I woke up it was. I need to accept this as the new normal.

WhyFi 04-03-21 04:06 PM

Did a little systems check on the Cervelo and released some pent-up energy from the drive.

Tried to pull an abshipp and average 166bpm, but couldn't do it. :cry:

MoAlpha 04-03-21 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21998639)
Hard ride today. There were not many hills but windy and it felt like a headwind 80% of the time.

I wonder if there is a route planner for rides that takes into account usual micro-climate winds to minimize headwinds.

It was horrible out there in a way the numbers simply don’t convey. The cold has a very negative effect on my mood.

There’s this kind of thing, but I don’t really trust the local variation.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...95e4bfadcf.png

rjones28 04-03-21 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21998822)
Slow afternoon, everyone must be recovering from spraying weed killer.

It's classified.

Weekend to do list was completed but no riding. I still haven't recovered from my last ride. I think the steroid injection made things worse. At least with a second shot I'll have more opportunity to gain weight. :mad:

I also woke up at 3 am last night in Afib. I don't think that's why I woke up but what a nice bonus.

I put my HR monitor on and it was around 90 bpm so it wasn't too concerning. I went back to sleep at 5 am hoping it would return to normal rhythm and when I woke up it was. I need to accept this as the new normal.

kissTheApex 04-03-21 04:57 PM

Whoa! I’m unusually late to the new thread, already at page 11 :O