Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

LesterOfPuppets 09-26-21 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22246558)
Who do you think would win a bowling game here? I bet big john bowled back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFPJf-wKTd0

My best is 175. Usually good for 140 or so when I rolled at least once a month.

LesterOfPuppets 09-27-21 12:31 AM

In other 6 Flags news...

ls01 09-27-21 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by sbxx1985 (Post 22245608)
I was behind a cyclist towing a trailer with a bigger small dog and her purse on Friday. Bad pass in rush hour traffic.

so a medium sized dog?

ls01 09-27-21 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22246589)
Except for the rims, spokes, and nipples. And spoke prep.

I was pricing it out in my mind. It's gonna cost me at least $300 to build these. I can get a pair of Fulcrum Racing 4's for only $350 from PBK.

$50.00 for the experience and pride of building and riding your own wheels? That's not that expensive. Totally worth it..

ls01 09-27-21 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22246610)
Last race of the season today. A hill climb. (hurl) 2828 feet elevation gain in 9.1 miles, 3 miles of it on dirt. Washboard, loose, open to traffic. It really sucked. 6th place, but I sure had to work for it.

Nice! Good job !

indyfabz 09-27-21 05:09 AM

Wondering how many work emails I will have to triage after two weeks out of the office.

Velo Vol 09-27-21 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22246703)
My best is 175. Usually good for 140 or so when I rolled at least once a month.

I doubt I ever topped 150.

datlas 09-27-21 05:44 AM

Feels like a Monday.

datlas 09-27-21 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22246830)
I doubt I ever topped 150.

Pounds? I got to 160 for a med school experiment, I had to agree to gain 10% of my weight and keep it on for a month, and get subjected to an evil insulin clamp study before and after the weight gain. The things poor medical students will do for $500!

p.s. I know you are talking bowling. Being cute.

DougRNS 09-27-21 05:51 AM

6 month cardiologist follow up today. That's the least of my 99 problems. Hopefully it will not be an issue if/when I start riding again.

Velo Vol 09-27-21 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22246834)
Pounds? I got to 160 for a med school experiment, I had to agree to gain 10% of my weight and keep it on for a month, and get subjected to an evil insulin clamp study before and after the weight gain. The things poor medical students will do for $500!

Did you eat differently? Just more?

datlas 09-27-21 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22246845)
Did you eat differently? Just more?

They gave me as much "Boost" which is like Ensure that I wanted. I would drink 4-6 of them/day (at 350 calores/can) along with eating more food. It only took 6 weeks to gain the weight. It took about 4 months to lose it.

WhyFi 09-27-21 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22246729)

Though, not having been to an amusement park in more than two decades, I do have to wonder how atrocious her diet looks.

Velo Vol 09-27-21 06:56 AM

wut is a Six Flags "meal plan"?

indyfabz 09-27-21 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22245968)
Ok, I knew that. I thought you might have to get mail, pay bills, get cat, get ready for work tomorrow, clean and service bike, get groceries, do laundry etc. Having nothing to do after being away for so long seemed odd to me.
#DSFDF

Cat stayed home. I have a great primary cat sitter and good backups. No. 1 takes in the mail and stacks it neatly. (She likes to stack and organize things. Last time I was away she staked the backup cat food cans I had sitting in a bag next to the cans in boxes. She also stacked some old cards and books strewn about the top of a dresser in the room where the litter box is. I think she's got a bit of OCD, and I mean that in a good way.) Only one bill that is not due until the end of the month, and I will make an auto payment via phone. Plenty of clean clothes as I did laundry before I left and actually did a load in town the evening before the last day of riding. I did go shopping for real food, but that was optional as I have plenty of places around my house to order takeout from. I rarely clean bikes, but I did remember to unpack and air out my tent.

rjones28 09-27-21 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22246833)
Feels like a Monday.

Same

indyfabz 09-27-21 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22246889)
wut is a Six Flags "meal plan"?

You can buy one or two meal plans:

What is a Member Dining Pass? - (sixflags.com)

Mojo31 09-27-21 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22246809)
Wondering how many work emails I will have to triage after two weeks out of the office.

Nothing worse than coming back and finding you have six waiting for you, but they are all ads.

indyfabz 09-27-21 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22246949)
Nothing worse than coming back and finding you have six waiting for you, but they are all ads.

The number wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And we have an aggressive spam filter. Every day we get one spam report message. Open it and it shows the sender and subject of each filtered email. I do a quick scan. I cannot remember the last time (if ever) something important ended up being flagged as spam.

Velo Vol 09-27-21 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22246895)
You can buy one or two meal plans:

What is a Member Dining Pass? - (sixflags.com)

Link doesn't say what that means. I see with the highest level membership you can get 50% off food, but I suspect that's probably no cheaper than regular fast food.

Velo Vol 09-27-21 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22246891)
Cat stayed home. I have a great primary cat sitter and good backups. No. 1 takes in the mail and stacks it neatly. (She likes to stack and organize things. Last time I was away she staked the backup cat food cans I had sitting in a bag next to the cans in boxes. She also stacked some old cards and books strewn about the top of a dresser in the room where the litter box is. I think she's got a bit of OCD, and I mean that in a good way.) Only one bill that is not due until the end of the month, and I will make an auto payment via phone. Plenty of clean clothes as I did laundry before I left and actually did a load in town the evening before the last day of riding. I did go shopping for real food, but that was optional as I have plenty of places around my house to order takeout from. I rarely clean bikes, but I did remember to unpack and air out my tent.

Sounds like indyfabz is more organized/efficient than DougRNS.

datlas 09-27-21 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22246952)
The number wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And we have an aggressive spam filter. Every day we get one spam report message. Open it and it shows the sender and subject of each filtered email. I do a quick scan. I cannot remember the last time (if ever) something important ended up being flagged as spam.

I have a bad case of FOMO so I still scan my spam. Problem is spam volume has increased drastically in the past few weeks and the volume is so high I may have to stop looking.

big john 09-27-21 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22246949)

For 10 years I was the only one doing the kind of work I do at the dealer and they were always reluctant to let me have a vacation. One time I took a week off and the service writers told customers I would be back Monday so when I came in Monday there were 35 cars waiting for me in addition to whatever else came in on a normal Monday. It was ridiculous.

indyfabz 09-27-21 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22246961)
Link doesn't say what that means. I see with the highest level membership you can get 50% off food, but I suspect that's probably no cheaper than regular fast food.

Reading comprehension is fundamental:

"A Member Dining Pass gives you either lunch and a snack (with a Basic Dining Membership) or lunch, dinner and a snack (with a Deluxe Dining Membership)."

datlas 09-27-21 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22247056)
Reading comprehension is fundamental:

"A Member Dining Pass gives you either lunch and a snack (with a Basic Dining Membership) or lunch, dinner and a snack (with a Deluxe Dining Membership)."

Are you feeding the Vol Troll?